CDZ Kim Davis And The Rule Of Law

When she refused to comply with the duties of the job and thought hmmf...im religious was a good enough reason.

She refused to comply on the basis that her duties conflict with her religious views.
Then she needs a new job.

A job entailing specific duties is not religious descrimination, and neither is enforcing that the job be done. Durrr

Sorry, you can't fire her because of her religious views. That IS religious discrimination.

You can't enforce the requirement of employees to surrender their Constitutional rights.
Its not firing her for her religious views.

Its firing her for not performing her job duties.

2 different animals.

A job entailing specific duties is not religious descrimination(sic)...

Depends on the duties. In this case, it is.

She is sworn to do her duties under the laws of Kentucky and is an elected officer. Nothing in Kentucky law authorizes or acknowledges gay marriage. Nothing in Kentucky law mandates marriage is a right. It does, however, include Religious Freedoms Restoration.

Umm, no.

If she was fired b.c. of her religion, or put in jail b.c. of her religion, that would be discrimination.

Shes in trouble for not her religion, but because she is attempting to use her religion to dictate to her employer what she will and wont do on the job.

She was not jailed because of her religion. She was jailed for contempt of court.

Nuance is a bitch for soundbytes, but for thinking people, not so much.

2 different animals.

First of all, she cannot be "fired" if she is an elected official.

Second, she cannot be fired for refusing to violate her religious principles.

If her job requires her to violate her religious principles, that's the problem of the job... not her.

2 different animals.

First of all, she cannot be "fired" if she is an elected official.

Second, she cannot be fired for refusing to violate her religious principles.

If her job requires her to violate her religious principles, that's the problem of the job... not her.
No, its her. She is voluntarily employed, not coerced by force. Wow

If she was fired b.c. of her religion, or put in jail b.c. of her religion, that would be discrimination.

And that is essentially what happened here. She was jailed because her religious beliefs would not permit her to authorize gay marriages. She didn't create that conflict. She didn't create that problem. It's not up to her to fix the problem or deal with it, or do anything to step out of the way for it.

she is attempting to use her religion to dictate to her employer what she will and wont do on the job.

She hasn't dictated anything to anyone. She refused to sign her name to authorization for the license of gay marriages on the basis of her religious beliefs. Her job is demanding she do something in conflict with her religion. In her view, she has no other option.

The 1st amendment doesnt supercede job duties xxxxx. Say fuck you to your boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1st amendment doesnt supercede job duties dunce.

Well yes it does. Do we need to have another revolution, idiot?
Yea no it doesnt. You get hired to work on a pig farm and refuse to move a muscle b.c. of the first......lmk how that works out it court xxxxxxxx.

The 1st amendment doesnt supercede job duties dunce.

Well yes it does. Do we need to have another revolution, idiot?
Yea no it doesnt. You get hired to work on a pig farm and refuse to move a muscle b.c. of the first......lmk how that works out it court duncecap.

I don't even understand your analogy or anything you said after "no it doesn't."

You do not surrender your Constitutional rights to work in America, to live freely in America or to exist in America. I'm sorry that you feel our rights are malleable and not endowed by our Creator. That's a problem with the matter between your ears and has nothing to do with the US Constitution.

Kay them tell your boss you wanna bring yer gun to work and tell him fuck you, as well. xxxxx.

Kay them tell your boss you wanna bring yer gun to work and tell him fuck you, as well. Idiot.

Still another poor analogy.

Can you answer me a question? Is there anything your employer could possibly ask you to do as a condition of your job that you would be morally opposed to doing, and which violated your constitutional rights? Let's start there and build a scenario which is equivalent and stop with the silly banter that has nothing to do with this case.

Dip duck dodge.

Yea..i work at a farm that later transformed to a pig farm. I refused to touch the pigs which became my job when the farm converted. He let me go for refusing said work. I have no case in court. Period. Too easy. I cannot dictate to my employer what his business becomes in order to accommodate my religion. Thats nonsensical, rufus.

Dip duck dodge.

Yea..i work at a farm that later transformed to a pig farm. I refused to touch the pigs which became my job when the farm converted. He let me go for refusing said work. I have no case in court. Period. Too easy. I cannot dictate to my employer what his business becomes in order to accommodate my religion. Thats nonsensical, rufus.

So you will not honestly answer me? Let's find something that you are morally opposed to and which it is unconstitutional to require you to do as a condition of your job. I'm not you so I can't define that for you... it has to be you.

Dip duck dodge.

So you will not honestly answer me? Let's find something that you are morally opposed to and which it is unconstitutional to require you to do as a condition of your job. I'm not you so I can't define that for you... it has to be you.
I just did thay in the post you quoted.

Sorry bud, you dont get to dictate shit to your employers. Shit or get off the pot and find another job.

This is so simple.

The US-Constitution is THE law of the land, not Kim Davis. Not Mike Huckabee. Not Calgary Cruz.

The SCOTUS is charged with interpreting the law and passing judgement in cases that make it all the way to the SCOTUS.

That's how it works.

If you don't like it, there are banana republics all over the place willing to take in people who cannot understand how a consitutional Republic based on indirect Democracy works.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
At this point, it's purely opinion by liberal activist judges.

They're misinterpreting the 14th Amendment.....not taking into account the framer's intent. The 14th Amendment was only intended to deal with freed slaves, not illegal immigrants or same-sex couples.

There is where this faulty decision can be easily overturned.

Forum List

Back