Kim Davis...and the Judge's "mistake"

And its ok with you that they held her without bond for not signing a document when someone who kills someone is given bond and is released?

Um, the bible states homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord. That's plain as day. Obviously you've never read the bible.
Oh but I have. We have that from the old Jews who thought touching menstrual blood made one unclean before God, who invented the vagina and the period, and then we have Paul, who used to persecute Christians and homosexuals. But nowhere in the bible does it say anything about gay marriage although Jesus does say quite clearly that you cannot serve both God and Money. Now, since she works for a secular, by law, government, how exactly is she serving God? How is issuing divorce decrees, or marriage licenses to adulterers any better thsn marriage licenses to gay people?

There is no contempt of court. It's a civil matter, not criminal. If shes not doing what they say is her job, you fire her. You don't lock her up.

And on top of that, Kentucky passed a law in 2013 called the freedom of religion act stating that no gov't employee had to do anything that was against their religion.

So believe me, this isn't over yet.

Actually there is Civil Contempt of Court.

>>>>

You're assuming shit not in evidence, so get off the religious BS, my opinions one way or the other are none of your concern.
In a discussion of faith, her faith, ignoring the teachings of her Lord is not an option. And if you call yourself a Christian but you don't agree with the teachings of Jesus, then you aren't one so don't bother...

You're not paying attention, I haven't mentioned her faith once, if you have questions about her faith, ask her.
Seeing as it is her faith that drive her to be so brave why haven't you? The founders were not afraid of faith why are you?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
She forced her version of faith onto her employees. That's religious tyranny. You ok with that?

No she didn't. She established an office policy in accordance with KY law.
Nope...she threatened to fire her employees unless they too refused to issue marriage certificates.....oh, and that KY law was stricken down already....non-inforcible. She herself said that she was acting under "god's" law, not KY law....it's on video...she can't change that or lie about that.

Comparing adultery and homosexuality.

A sign of desperation.
No, it's a sign that the Christian in question is a hypocrite. Divorce is mostly forbidden. Adultery is absolutely forbidden. Sin after sin after sin we can find that she enables if we look for them but she's not handing out anything that is a sin in the bible when she hands out marriage licenses to gay people. Gay sex is forbidden, not gay marriage. For two men who get married but never have sex there is no sin at all, not even in biblical terms eh?

Nope...she threatened to fire her employees unless they too refused to issue marriage certificates.....oh, and that KY law was stricken down already....non-inforcible. She herself said that she was acting under "god's" law, not KY law....it's on video...she can't change that or lie about that.

You're lying.

No such threat was made, nor do any of her deputies allege any such thing.

There is no Constitutionally valid law in KY that limits marriage based on the gender composition of the couple.

>>>>

There is a constitutionally valid law in KY that gives her the option to issue marriage licenses or not, do try to keep up.

Legally they are. Public accommodation laws and anti discrimination laws protect race and religion equally.

Religion is protected by the 1st Amendment - which is why your party is at war to end the 1st. Sexual preference is no protected.

I am Laissez Faire, I don't give a fuck what you do, but I do object to the dismembering of cultural norms as payment to a special interest.

Do whatever you want, but leave decent people out of it - but you couldn't do that, could you? You HAVE to force others to celebrate your choices, using force.

You're lying.

No such threat was made, nor do any of her deputies allege any such thing.
So, why did her clerks issues marriage licenses to gays when she was behind bars but not when she was in the office? Coincidence?

Legally they are. Public accommodation laws and anti discrimination laws protect race and religion equally.

Religion is protected by the 1st Amendment - which is why your party is at war to end the 1st. Sexual preference is no protected.

I am Laissez Faire, I don't give a fuck what you do, but I do object to the dismembering of cultural norms as payment to a special interest.

Do whatever you want, but leave decent people out of it - but you couldn't do that, could you? You HAVE to force others to celebrate your choices, using force.
The decent people are the ones who support equality for homosexuals. You are indecent...

There is no Constitutionally valid law in KY that limits marriage based on the gender composition of the couple.

>>>>

There is a constitutionally valid law in KY that gives her the option to issue marriage licenses or not, do try to keep up.
She needs to obey Federal law in this case, which is, gay marriage bans are illegal.

You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding that when a law is still on the books but you are forbidden from enforcing said law, the law is invalidated? That's what happened to all gay-marriage bans, they were all invalidated by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional. The gays don't have to wait for the states to update their laws...

Last edited:
Um, probably because they didn't care. However, all licenses issued without her signature aren't valid anyway so its all a moot point.

Forum List

Back