Kids

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Despite how disappointing it is that there are still the sort of vile, unapologetic racists like the ilk that sometimes pollute this forum (salt, 52nd street, yidnar, del, etc) it can be heartening to see little kids at playgrounds in American cities.

Until they are taught, in one way or another, that they should identify with this or that group, little kids are completely without guile. They will run up to and play with other kids regardless of such notions as 'race' or religion and have a fun 'ol time. Just yesterday I saw around 20-30 kids all at play in a playground where dozens of ethnicities, faiths, income levels, and skin tones were all interacting without the slightest idea that someday idiotic adults would train them to assign artificial significance to such things. It was good.

The unfortunate thing is that kids are, like dogs, masters of observation. It won't take long for innocent little ones to notice that adults try to steer them to this group or that, or that certain looks or stances or unspoken messages are being sent about what the adults feel comfortable with. Sure enough, they'll pick up on this and need 'education' to teach them what they already knew to begin with: that stuff doesn't really matter.

Another encouraging sign is how many kids at play were not 100% this or that. The growing population of mixed race kids will, by their very presence, shatter much of the block-headed division that fearful adults would impose upon the next generation.

There's always hope.

Despite how disappointing it is that there are still the sort of vile, unapologetic racists like the ilk that sometimes pollute this forum (salt, 52nd street, yidnar, del, etc) it can be heartening to see little kids at playgrounds in American cities.

Until they are taught, in one way or another, that they should identify with this or that group, little kids are completely without guile. They will run up to and play with other kids regardless of such notions as 'race' or religion and have a fun 'ol time. Just yesterday I saw around 20-30 kids all at play in a playground where dozens of ethnicities, faiths, income levels, and skin tones were all interacting without the slightest idea that someday idiotic adults would train them to assign artificial significance to such things. It was good.

The unfortunate thing is that kids are, like dogs, masters of observation. It won't take long for innocent little ones to notice that adults try to steer them to this group or that, or that certain looks or stances or unspoken messages are being sent about what the adults feel comfortable with. Sure enough, they'll pick up on this and need 'education' to teach them what they already knew to begin with: that stuff doesn't really matter.

Another encouraging sign is how many kids at play were not 100% this or that. The growing population of mixed race kids will, by their very presence, shatter much of the block-headed division that fearful adults would impose upon the next generation.

There's always hope.

I HOPE YOU are right.

I am. That doesn't mean we're free from responsibility.

There's always hope.

While I share your disgust at racism, I think you really see things too simplistically.

The idea that children only form certain groups because they are taught to do so is really not correct. Children are much more independent than that.

Furthermore, in my personal experience I have found that children can often be much more racist than their parents, teachers, and other adults they come in contact with. Actually I've often seen that people become less racist as they grow to maturity.

Furthermore, in my personal experience I have found that children can often be much more racist than their parents, teachers, and other adults they come in contact with.

You were seeing the undiluted product of what those adults had managed to impart to those kids.

Furthermore, in my personal experience I have found that children can often be much more racist than their parents, teachers, and other adults they come in contact with.

You were seeing the undiluted product of what those adults had managed to impart to those kids.

No, you're wrong there. The idea that kids are some sort of empty vessel into which adults pour their own beliefs is a fallacy.

Depends. If the kids are murkin ..................?

Attachments

• $kkk-child-in-robe.jpg
    $kkk-child-in-robe.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 93
Kids want to BELONG to a family, to a group.

Group dynamics is a double edged sword.

Why?

Because in order to be in a group, somebody has to NOT be in a group.

No, you're wrong there. The idea that kids are some sort of empty vessel into which adults pour their own beliefs is a fallacy.

They certainly are in terms of fearing something as superficial as the color of one's skin. Fear and aggression are natural human instincts, but applying them to a fabricated distinction like 'race' is a learned error.

Kids want to BELONG to a family, to a group.

Group dynamics is a double edged sword.

Why?

Because in order to be in a group, somebody has to NOT be in a group.

You are mistaking kids for mini adults.

Liberals teach racism, Unkotare. And, then they, you, lie about who does it.

Pick up a school textbook and see that it teaches racism. Turn on the TV and watch turns like Al Sharpton or even any mainstream PSA.

Liberals teach racism, Unkotare. And, then they, you, lie about who does it.

Pick up a school textbook and see that it teaches racism. Turn on the TV and watch turns like Al Sharpton or even any mainstream PSA.

They, you, who, what?

There's always hope.
Check out lil tay and tell me what you think of her. She’s a 9 year old rapper

There's always hope.

This nation has had mixed race kids since the 1600's. Enablers of racism like you don't work to end anything.

Forum List

Back