Kid Rock Sparks NAACP Boycott

Kid Rock's use of Confederate flag sparks NAACP boycott

Detroit — Some NAACP supporters plan to boycott the Detroit arm's annual fundraiser over an honor for Kid Rock they say doesn't mesh with the civil rights group's goals.

From The Detroit News: Kid Rock's use of Confederate flag sparks NAACP boycott | detnews.com | The Detroit News

"It's a slap in the face for anyone who fought for civil rights in this country," Mongo said Thursday. "It's a symbol of hatred and bigotry."

From The Detroit News: Kid Rock's use of Confederate flag sparks NAACP boycott | detnews.com | The Detroit News

And, in a related story....

Which Governor of Arkansas made the Saturday before Easter "Confederate Flag Day"?

The Arkansas Code, Section 1-5-107. Confederate Flag Day.
(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as "Confederate Flag Day" in this state.
No person, firm, or corporation shall display any Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America.
Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

"In April 1985, Governor Bill Clinton signed Act 985 into law...'
Mark R. Levin on Trent Lott & Moral Outrage on National Review Online

Detroit — Some NAACP supporters plan to boycott the Detroit arm's annual fundraiser over an honor for Kid Rock they say doesn't mesh with the civil rights group's goals.

"It's a slap in the face for anyone who fought for civil rights in this country," Mongo said Thursday. "It's a symbol of hatred and bigotry."

Which Governor of Arkansas made the Saturday before Easter "Confederate Flag Day"?

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as "Confederate Flag Day" in this state.
No person, firm, or corporation shall display any Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America.
Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Well..that was a big mistake on Clinton's part. And he's made a couple of them afterwards too..DADT and the Defense of Marriage act comes to mind. Bombing Iraq wasn't to swift either.

There is no "honor" to the Confederate States of America. It was a treacherous and treasonous movement.

• Banned
Around the same time the Confederate Flag was popular, so was the term colored people.

Well..that was a big mistake on Clinton's part. And he's made a couple of them afterwards too..DADT and the Defense of Marriage act comes to mind. Bombing Iraq wasn't to swift either.

There is no "honor" to the Confederate States of America. It was a treacherous and treasonous movement.

Maybe he was a country boy from the hills and, he was trying to get elected,...

"Clinton said at the memorial service that Byrd's obituaries have speculated what it meant he was in the KKK.

"I'll tell you what it means. He was a country boy from the hills and hollers of West Virginia, he was trying to get elected," Clinton said. "And maybe he did something he shouldn't have done,..."
Bill Clinton: Byrd Spent 'Rest Of His Life' Making Up For KKK Association (VIDEO) | TPMDC

1. Why is the NAACP honoring a white rock-rapper who, while entertaining, is pretty raunchy?

2. Does Eminem deserve to be "honored" by the NAACP? What does this say about the NAACP? How are "colored people" advanced by giving Kid Rock an award?

3. Adolph Mongo?

The Confederate 'Battle' flag and other Confederate flags were hijacked by the KKK and other 'White Supremacy' groups. It was NOT a symbol of hate. It was the Battle flag for the Confederate Army. Of which succeeded from the Union because the Union Government was getting way out of hand and going against what was agreed upon between each of the original states that called for the succession. The states that succeeded had every right to do so, and still can according to the Constitution. The war was NOT over slavery. The Union used slavery to gain support for their side AFTER the war started. They used it as political propaganda. Lincoln wasn't going to do anything about slavery before the war. In fact Lincoln would have made all the Blacks slaves if he thought it would save the Union after the war began:

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." --Abraham Lincoln

He knew that there will always be strife between the Blacks and Whites. He also seen Whites as being Superior. But somehow, the Black community sure holds him up as being a 'Great White Hope' for them.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything." --Abraham Lincoln

The Confederate 'Battle' flag and other Confederate flags were hijacked by the KKK and other 'White Supremacy' groups. It was NOT a symbol of hate. It was the Battle flag for the Confederate Army. Of which succeeded from the Union because the Union Government was getting way out of hand and going against what was agreed upon between each of the original states that called for the succession. The states that succeeded had every right to do so, and still can according to the Constitution. The war was NOT over slavery. The Union used slavery to gain support for their side AFTER the war started. They used it as political propaganda. Lincoln wasn't going to do anything about slavery before the war. In fact Lincoln would have made all the Blacks slaves if he thought it would save the Union after the war began:

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." --Abraham Lincoln

He knew that there will always be strife between the Blacks and Whites. He also seen Whites as being Superior. But somehow, the Black community sure holds him up as being a 'Great White Hope' for them.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything." --Abraham Lincoln

Yeah..it was over slavery. And Lincoln changed his postion later on in life.

And no..States don't have a right, under the Constitution to do what the Confederacy did.

They were traitors..and what they did was treason.

Yeah..it was over slavery. And Lincoln changed his postion later on in life.

And no..States don't have a right, under the Constitution to do what the Confederacy did.

They were traitors..and what they did was treason.

NO, it was NOT over slavery. It was over the Union not abiding by their part of the Constitution. The fact that the part that the Union didn't hold had to do with slavery does not mean that it was 'about' slavery. It was about the agreement that was made between the Southern states and the Union. When one side of an agreement is not held then the other side is not under any obligation to hold theirs. Thus, the Southern states had every right to succeed. If you actually do some research you will find that the 'traitors' here would be the Union, NOT the Southern states.

The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D., 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

Ahhhh Yes Kid Rock. murkas hero.
He's a multi millionaire too.
How ye bleateth ? murkins are idiots. Dat B how. Word up ?
I wonder when he and M&M will wed ?:cuckoo:

Kid Rock is trailer-trash.

Small wonder.

I'm wondering why the NAACP would go to the same event as Kid Rock. Just seems like they wouldn't go anyway.

I wouldn't expect them to go to a NASCAR event ether. But the article says SOME MEMBERS, not all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back