Kid Rock Sparks NAACP Boycott

That's funny. The NAACP is one of the most racist organizations in the US today and they boycott Kid Rock for using the confederate flag.

Didn't they cover a statue of George Washington the other day.

Just because he was a slave-owner.

Guess electing a Black President didn't help much.

The NAACP is still trying to foster racial divisions and just a little bit of White Guilt.

Last edited:
The Confederate 'Battle' flag and other Confederate flags were hijacked by the KKK and other 'White Supremacy' groups. It was NOT a symbol of hate. It was the Battle flag for the Confederate Army. Of which succeeded from the Union because the Union Government was getting way out of hand and going against what was agreed upon between each of the original states that called for the succession. The states that succeeded had every right to do so, and still can according to the Constitution. The war was NOT over slavery. The Union used slavery to gain support for their side AFTER the war started. They used it as political propaganda. Lincoln wasn't going to do anything about slavery before the war. In fact Lincoln would have made all the Blacks slaves if he thought it would save the Union after the war began:

He knew that there will always be strife between the Blacks and Whites. He also seen Whites as being Superior. But somehow, the Black community sure holds him up as being a 'Great White Hope' for them.

Yeah..it was over slavery. And Lincoln changed his postion later on in life.

And no..States don't have a right, under the Constitution to do what the Confederacy did.

They were traitors..and what they did was treason.

NO, it was NOT over slavery. It was over the Union not abiding by their part of the Constitution. The fact that the part that the Union didn't hold had to do with slavery does not mean that it was 'about' slavery. It was about the agreement that was made between the Southern states and the Union. When one side of an agreement is not held then the other side is not under any obligation to hold theirs. Thus, the Southern states had every right to succeed. If you actually do some research you will find that the 'traitors' here would be the Union, NOT the Southern states.

The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D., 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

No it was over slavery..a vile and disgusting act that needed to be eradicated in this nation. The South wanted it to continue. And they violated the Constitution by forming a Confederacy and firing on government troops.

The Union was far to kind and Sherman didn't go far enough. Jefferson Davis and the rest of the traitors should have been hanged.

That's funny. The NAACP is one of the most racist organizations in the US today and they boycott Kid Rock for using the confederate flag.

Didn't they cover a statue of George Washington the other day.

Just because he was a slave-owner.

Guess electing a Black President didn't help much.

The NAACP is still trying to foster racial divisions and just a little bit of White Guilt.

I didn't see that, but it makes sense. Your last sentence is right on the money.

There is no "honor" to the Confederate States of America. It was a treacherous and treasonous movement.
That's what the Brits said for over 100 years, about the United States. It's subjective.

And?

The Brits and Confederates got their asses kicked.

By the Liberals.

No, they didn't get their asses kicked by liberals. Those people who kicked ass... they were just Americans.

Liberals are the ones who burn the symbol of the country that other's fight for. :eusa_angel:

LOL, I'm sure Kid Rock and his fans give a flying HOOT over what the NAACP is OFFENDED over.

the same goes for me.:lol:

Kid Rock supposedly grew up in Detroit, I thought he would know better than this.

I've seen him in interviews..he's not the brightest bulb on the tree. But I think what he does, he does out of being naive. He's really not a bad guy...it seems. And he's written some pretty good songs.

Kid Rock supposedly grew up in Detroit, I thought he would know better than this.

I've seen him in interviews..he's not the brightest bulb on the tree. But I think what he does, he does out of being naive. He's really not a bad guy...it seems. And he's written some pretty good songs.

I have nothing against Kid Rock, I like some of his songs. I just assumed he would know better because of his background growing up in Detroit, I bet he didn't walk around with a confederate flag shirt when he was growing up in the D.

Kid Rock is a talented guy and seems to have a good heart..but the NAACP is absolutely right.

No they aren't.. If we can build a mosque at ground zero then there's absolutely no problem with flying the confederate flag anywhere in America.

omg, Kid Rock should of "known better".

says who? you bleeding hearts who would willingly give up your Freedom of Speech and Expression and try to force others to do so, so no one Should be Offended.

pfeeesh

The Confederate 'Battle' flag and other Confederate flags were hijacked by the KKK and other 'White Supremacy' groups. It was NOT a symbol of hate. It was the Battle flag for the Confederate Army. Of which succeeded from the Union because the Union Government was getting way out of hand and going against what was agreed upon between each of the original states that called for the succession. The states that succeeded had every right to do so, and still can according to the Constitution. The war was NOT over slavery. The Union used slavery to gain support for their side AFTER the war started. They used it as political propaganda. Lincoln wasn't going to do anything about slavery before the war. In fact Lincoln would have made all the Blacks slaves if he thought it would save the Union after the war began:

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." --Abraham Lincoln

He knew that there will always be strife between the Blacks and Whites. He also seen Whites as being Superior. But somehow, the Black community sure holds him up as being a 'Great White Hope' for them.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything." --Abraham Lincoln

And no..States don't have a right, under the Constitution to do what the Confederacy did.

Then why are they still here? Why would you fight a war to get them back?

What offends the NAACP more, the Confederate flag or being called "Colored people"?

Glad to see that the NAACP is taking such a vocal stance on this for two reasons:

1) It demonstrates just how far race relations have advanced when the NAACP has to make something out of nothing in order to feel relevant.

2) It demonstrates that the now irrelevant NAACP has outlived it's purpose.

:thup:

NO, it was NOT over slavery. It was over the Union not abiding by their part of the Constitution. The fact that the part that the Union didn't hold had to do with slavery does not mean that it was 'about' slavery. It was about the agreement that was made between the Southern states and the Union. When one side of an agreement is not held then the other side is not under any obligation to hold theirs. Thus, the Southern states had every right to succeed. If you actually do some research you will find that the 'traitors' here would be the Union, NOT the Southern states.

The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D., 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

No it was over slavery..a vile and disgusting act that needed to be eradicated in this nation. The South wanted it to continue. And they violated the Constitution by forming a Confederacy and firing on government troops.

The Union was far to kind and Sherman didn't go far enough. Jefferson Davis and the rest of the traitors should have been hanged.

The schools really brainwashed you. You need to learn how to comprehend something you read instead of going by what someone teaches you. The schools don't always teach what is true. You do know that the side that wins is the side that wrights the history right?

If you can not read what South Carolina wrote and comprehend what was really being said then how can you say who is and who isn't a traitor?

I think all those advanced colored people should be more concerned with their own people. A lot of them are in jail, can't read, dying of drugs and AIDS, homeless and producing fatherless children at a higher rate than any other race. Real Leaders face the problem and deal with it. This is nothing but a deflection so they look like they are concerned. These advanced colored people are nothing but liberal trash.

Forum List

Back