KFC torched, McDonalds, Pizza Hut attacked, 3 killed

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Pics here:
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...OC_0_US-RELIGION-PAKISTAN-CARTOONS.xml&rpc=22

15 February 2006

Three people have been killed in Pakistan during protests over the publication of cartoons depicting the Muslim prophet Mohammed.

Two died in the northwestern city of Peshawar after police tried to quell around 50,000 demonstrators who torched a KFC outlet and trashed a Norwegian mobile phone company's offices.

Around 500 protesters set fire to 16 buses at a bus terminal owned by a South Korean company.

Another person was killed as riots flared for a second day in the eastern city of Lahore.

Officials said that more than 70 people, including a policeman, were wounded in the violence, sparked by the printing of the caricatures in a Danish newspaper and later in other Western countries, including Norway.

The surge of unrest came a day after two people were shot dead and US fast food chains were attacked during huge protests in Lahore, and students stormed a diplomatic enclave in the capital Islamabad.

Pakistan has witnessed almost daily protests since the row over the Danish cartoons erupted last month.

Today's deaths bring the worldwide death toll from the cartoon protests to 18.

Meanwhile, the European Parliament has passed a resolution expressing solidarity with Denmark and supporting free speech.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0215/mideast.html

i have alwasy wondered why protestest wreck their own neighborhoods and destroy the lives of their neighbors when they are mad at others

i am so mad right now i think i will blow up my own house.... :dev1:

I don`t know about the rest of you, but the longer this goes on, the stupider these people look.

I too wonder, as manu points out, why burn your own neighborhood down?

Makes about as much sense as putting poison in your own drink.

manu1959 said:
i have alwasy wondered why protestest wreck their own neighborhoods and destroy the lives of their neighbors when they are mad at others

I alway think "Let em, then don't go back". Let em go back to the old way, in this case, eating goats eyes instead of KFC etc..Just let em. :finger: em.

manu1959 said:

Notice in the one pic how they think cartoons = terrorism.

Guess burning and wrecking local businesses and killing their neighbors isn't quite that bad. :rolleyes:

Of course you will notice the businesses are American-originated businesses....and America had nothing to do with the cartoons.

ScreamingEagle said:
Notice in the one pic how they think cartoons = terrorism.

Guess burning and wrecking local businesses and killing their neighbors isn't quite that bad. :rolleyes:

Of course you will notice the businesses are American-originated businesses....and America had nothing to do with the cartoons.

dude someone has to be in the lower half of the gene pool.....

same with france all the muslim kids torched their own neighborhoods and their frinds businesses and cars.....same thing in the south central and watts riots.....

manu1959 said:
dude someone has to be in the lower half of the gene pool.....

same with france all the muslim kids torched their own neighborhoods and their frinds businesses and cars.....same thing in the south central and watts riots.....
It's always a stupid thing to riot, but atleast there was a solid reason behind the LA Riots--The verdict in the Rodney King trial set those off.

These are over cartoons! Much stupider on a par with stupid-ness not seen by man in thousands of years

Hagbard Celine said:
It's always a stupid thing to riot, but atleast there was a solid reason behind the LA Riots--The verdict in the Rodney King trial set those off.

These are over cartoons! Much stupider on a par with stupid-ness not seen by man in thousands of years

oh ya--riots are a great way of coping. espescially if you have a "good" reason. :rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine said:

There is a solid reason for the muslim riots too --- cartoons of Muhammed Bomb-i. Doesn't make it any less stupid.

Hagbard Celine said:

You feel that the verdict was a solid reason for people to destroy their own neighborhoods, break into people's houses, smash concrete blocks into people's heads, and kill people?

A single verdict in a single trial is a solid reason for death and destruction?

GotZoom said:
You feel that the verdict was a solid reason for people to destroy their own neighborhoods, break into people's houses, smash concrete blocks into people's heads, and kill people?

A single verdict in a single trial is a solid reason for death and destruction?

"Hell yea. I needed a new stereo and i got me one then. Go Rodney King!" -random looter in LA 1992.

manu1959 said:

But those aren't really "their" own things. They were paid for by white taxpayers. That's part of the problem with one race deciding to be the Great White Sugardaddy for another race.

William Joyce said:
But those aren't really "their" own things. They were paid for by white taxpayers. That's part of the problem with one race deciding to be the Great White Sugardaddy for another race.

disagree....white taxpayers don't pay for private ventures

Forum List

Back