Kevin wastes no time moving into Pelosi's office

Did he have it deloused, fumigated, exterminated, and detoxified before he moved in???

Uhh oh. Looks like he found Nancy's gavel.

Look out Paul.

gavel.jpg

Are you too intellectually-lazy to look it up, or just think some imaginary "third party" candidate is going to manically fix everything?

According to CNN, here’s what the holdouts got from McCarthy in exchange for the speakership:
  • Any member can call for a motion to vacate the speaker’s chair
  • A McCarthy-aligned super-PAC (the Congressional Leadership Fund) agreed to not spend in open Republican primaries in safe seats
  • The House will hold votes on key conservative bills, including a balanced budget amendment, congressional term limits, and border security
  • Efforts to raise the nation’s debt ceiling must be paired with spending cuts
  • Move 12 appropriations bills individually, instead of passing separate bills to fund government operations
  • More Freedom Caucus representation on committees, including the influential House Rules Committee
  • Cap discretionary spending at fiscal year 2022 levels, which would amount to lower levels for defense and domestic programs
  • 72 hours to review bills before they come to floor
  • Give members the ability to offer more amendments on the House floor
  • Create an investigative committee to probe the “weaponization” of the federal government
  • Restore the Holman rule, which can be used to reduce the salary of government officials
Here are the concessions Kevin McCarthy had to make to become House speaker

Let me ask you this, what are the odds the FY 2024 spending that is approved will be less than the spending for FY 2023 that was just approved

Let me ask you this, what are the odds the FY 2024 spending that is approved will be less than the spending for FY 2023 that was just approved

What do I look like" Nostrafuckingdamus?

Here...let me ask the ChatGPT AI page....

"What are the odds the FY 2024 spending that is approved will be less than the spending for FY 2023 that was just approved?"

"It is difficult to accurately predict the future spending of the federal government. The budget for a given fiscal year (FY) is typically determined through a process that involves input from the President, Congress, and various federal agencies. The budget is then subject to change based on a variety of factors, such as economic conditions, national security needs, and political considerations. Given these variables, it is difficult to determine with certainty what the spending for FY 2024 will be and how it will compare to the spending for FY 2023."

There ya go Bubba.

What do I look like" Nostrafuckingdamus?

Here...let me ask the ChatGPT AI page....

"What are the odds the FY 2024 spending that is approved will be less than the spending for FY 2023 that was just approved?"

"It is difficult to accurately predict the future spending of the federal government. The budget for a given fiscal year (FY) is typically determined through a process that involves input from the President, Congress, and various federal agencies. The budget is then subject to change based on a variety of factors, such as economic conditions, national security needs, and political considerations. Given these variables, it is difficult to determine with certainty what the spending for FY 2024 will be and how it will compare to the spending for FY 2023."

There ya go Bubba.

I tell you what, I am willing to bet 10 grand that the spending approved for FY 24 is more than was approved for FY23 even with all those concessions.

You seem to think they will make a difference , so you should be willing to bet, right?

I tell you what, I am willing to bet 10 grand that the spending approved for FY 24 is more than was approved for FY23 even with all those concessions.

You seem to think they will make a difference , so you should be willing to bet, right?

I don't give a crap, since I don't pay taxes anyway. The only thing I care about is the GOP making the Democrat's and Biden's lives miserable for the next two years.

I don't give a crap, since I don't pay taxes anyway. The only thing I care about is the GOP making the Democrat's and Biden's lives miserable for the next two years.

At least you are honest about it

At least they are smart enough not to call anyone in the House a conservative.

Leftists don't use that word. We're "far-right GOPers", as the article stated.

But the article did say "conservative bills."

Forum List

Back