Kerry's Largest Single Donator

Never heard of this Bing guy either and I assume most people will never hear of him. Unfortunatley, shady characters are no stranger to politics. I'm not sure this exposure would have much of an effect on voters because IMHO voters automatically assume both sides will take money from anyone.

dilloduck said:
Never heard of this Bing guy either and I assume most people will never hear of him. Unfortunatley, shady characters are no stranger to politics. I'm not sure this exposure would have much of an effect on voters because IMHO voters automatically assume both sides will take money from anyone.

Oh agreed! Hey I'm here by the Toddlin' Town. But logic tells even the creepiest alderman, don't have them too close in public! Largest single donor is pretty 'out there', which is why ABC is looking at.

popefumanchu said:
Not there anymore.

Do they usually pull stories that quickly?

Hmmmmmm........

Totally gone. I thought they may have changed the headline or url, but no. Just gone. That is very weird.

dilloduck said:
They don't call it the underworld for nothing !

Dillo, you shouldn't talk about the DNC being the 'underworld'. :D

Got to say, I'm sorry I didn't add the quotes now!

Kathianne said:
Dillo, you shouldn't talk about the DNC being the 'underworld'. :D

Got to say, I'm sorry I didn't add the quotes now!

sorry I take it back I'm going to be kinder and gentler now and see if it works for me better than it did for you!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dilloduck said:

That anyone includes tax payers. Both the R's and D's are taking about 14.5 million of taxpayer money to fund their convention. Taxpayers should keep in mind if a party is willing to take your money for that, just imagine what they will take it for later when they hold office and have power.

The Libertarian Party despite qualifying for tax payer money for their convention instead declines the money. In fact they actually make a profit at their convention.

Look what I found, we are not the only ones puzzled:

http://instapundit.com/archives/016896.php

July 30, 2004
WEIRD: Earlier I linked to an ABC story about suggested mob connections regarding Hollywood moneyman Stephen Bing. Now when you follow the link you get a "content not available" page -- though the link and synopsis for the story still shows up when you search "Stephen Bing" on the ABC site.

This either means that the story has been pulled because it contains errors, or because somebody persuaded ABC to pull it for other reasons. Since ABC doesn't say, we can only speculate.

posted at 02:20 PM by Glenn Reynolds

Glad to have seen the Instapundit post, knew more would come and here it is. Gonna post it, for fear they'll take it down too:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=546122

Convention Diary: Bing does the decent thing by Democrats
by Andrew Buncombe
30 July 2004

One of the Democrats' biggest contributors is Hollywood producer Steve Bing, the ungentlemanly cad who impregnated poor English rose Liz Hurley and didn't do the decent thing . Bing has been more than generous to the Democrats however, contributing $16m. But law enforcement officials have told ABC News that Bing is a friend and business partner of Dominic Montemarano, a New York Mafia figure currently in prison on racketeering charges. Montemarano is better known by his street name Donnie Shacks. No word yet from Bing.

Celebrities and leading politicians are surrounded by hordes of security guards. Even filmmaker Michael Moore was even provided with a security cordon. But who was that familiar-looking, grey-haired man walking into the convention with no-one other than his wife? It was Congressman Dick Gephardt, a man who just six months had his own presidential ambitions.

The final night of the convention was obviously a big occasion for John Kerry, but spare a thought for Maureen Curreri, tasked with organising the balloon and confetti drop. All week more than 100,000 balloons have been sitting in the roof of the centre. Curreri's job was to make sure they all came tumbling down at the right moment. "You dot your "I"s and cross your "T"s," she told the Boston Globe. "Then it's in God's hands."

Forum List

Back