Kerry wants to repeal the Patriot Act!

Originally posted by Gop guy
So evil terrorist scum can run around freely here!

That is the only good thing I have ever heard about him.

I support certain provisions of it, but many of them are unconstitutional and impose on some very sacred rights. Others are just poorly worded. If the original drafts of both Patriot Acts had been passed, the feds could throw me away for life without a trial for speeding (domestic terrorism was defined as "anything that risks the lives of others," and allowed indefinite incarceration without trial).

Originally posted by Hobbit
I support certain provisions of it, but many of them are unconstitutional and impose on some very sacred rights. Others are just poorly worded. If the original drafts of both Patriot Acts had been passed, the feds could throw me away for life without a trial for speeding (domestic terrorism was defined as "anything that risks the lives of others," and allowed indefinite incarceration without trial).

Hmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmm

Have you even READ it?

The thing is Unconstitutional and needs to be repealed. ANY document unconstitutional, by decree of our own Constitution is to be ignored and repealed.

Since it is not, everyone responsible should be impeached from the president to the judges and each and every congressman avoiding the process.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Have you even READ it?

The thing is Unconstitutional and needs to be repealed. ANY document unconstitutional, by decree of our own Constitution is to be ignored and repealed.

Since it is not, everyone responsible should be impeached from the president to the judges and each and every congressman avoiding the process.

The Supreme Court decides what's constitutional and what's not, that's just your bias talking buddy.

Even Supreme Court judges can't deny someone's right to a trial, nor can they repeal someone's right against unreasonable search and seziure.

-ok.

Have you even read the Constitution?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4936

Read this, and then speak ANOTHER faux pas.

That would be 3 toward me that you have made in 5 minutes time across 2 threads.

Huh? Dude I have read parts of the consitution. My point is that even if it is biased, it won't change unless the Supreme Court says it's unconstitutional.

Huh? Dude I have read parts of the consitution. My point is that even if it is biased, it won't change unless the Supreme Court says it's unconstitutional.

Which is not a Constitutional act in the first place.

There is not 1 place in the Constitution allowing ANYONE that power. It is simple enough to understand what violates the Constitution, no body is authorized by it to carry out any such task.

It works off of common sense.

Which is not a Constitutional act in the first place.

There is not 1 place in the Constitution allowing ANYONE that power. It is simple enough to understand what violates the Constitution, no body is authorized by it to carry out any such task.

It works off of common sense.

Dude you're a liberal, so I'm inclined to believe anything you say is total crap.

Dude you're a liberal, so I'm inclined to believe anything you say is total crap.

And you have the maturity of a 17 year old, but I didn't call you names or discard you as total crap.

Your loss.

Kerry is right to repeal the Patriot Act. It shouldn't even be called the Patriot Act, it should be called The Act to Repeal Freedom in the United States of America.

And I would hardly call New Guy a liberal...I think Libertarian is closer to the truth.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Kerry is right to repeal the Patriot Act. It shouldn't even be called the Patriot Act, it should be called The Act to Repeal Freedom in the United States of America.

And I would hardly call New Guy a liberal...I think Libertarian is closer to the truth.

acludem

Just remember who voted for it before you start praising Kerry.

How extremely mature of you!

:rolleyes:

and before you start spouting that Im a liberal for making this comment, Id suggest you do some homework.

So evil terrorist scum can run around freely here!

Yep, that is the reason he gives for wanting to do so. In fact I heard him say on TV:

"The Patriot Act will be repealed, if I can help it, so terrorist scum can run freely into Gop guy's house and have their way with his bum. This will be the first thing I do when I become President."

Dude...obviously he has OTHER reasons for wanting to do away with this act. Like, maybe there is something wrong with imprsoning an American citizen for months on end without allowing them to see a lawyer? For example.

I don't know where I stand exactly on the Patriot Act, except that Ashcroft is one scary prick. I believe in doing what is neccesary to prevent further terrorism, but I'm not for giving up all of my civil liberties.

Forum List

Back