When will the slanderous filth stop?

Gop guy

Apr 17, 2004
West Reading PA
So much flase lefty filth hurled at our honorable President in books these days. Most Americans also know well enough to see that it's all untrue slander. When will it stop?

There comes a time when you have to accept what is ..... slander, its all JK stands for...its the only thing he has been consistant in....so why are you expecting anything better? - from him or his democratic comrads.

Originally posted by winston churchi
There comes a time when you have to accept what is ..... slander, its all JK stands for...its the only thing he has been consistant in....so why are you expecting anything better? - from him or his democratic comrads.

Yeah....

Slanderous filth? Coming from Republican? You are complaining about slanderous filth? How about putting the picture of Max Cleland, a man who gave three limbs for his country next to those of Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein so you can beat him in a Senate race? That is slanderous filth. How about running an attack ad against the late, great Paul Wellstone for voting for a bill that EVERY Republican in the Senate voted for, that is slanderous filth.

Karl Rove is the king of slanderous filth. President Bush cornered the market on slanderous filth a long, long time ago.

acludem

Bush hasn't been slandering anyone and I've never heard of anyone on your list. However, the Dems, and you and Bully lead the pack on this, call Bush a liar, traitor, murderer, and have baselessly accused him of many more horrible crimes, showing total disrespect for the leader of the free world. It's shameful. In fact, take a look at my sig, go to your room, and don't come out again until you can say at least three nice things about Bush.

Karl Rove is the king of slanderous filth. President Bush cornered the market on slanderous filth a long, long time ago.

Ridiculous, the Dems and Repubs have both been guilty of slanderous filth, to say nobody can complain is just obstinate support of your own party with deliberate ignorance of politics. We can expect better of our politicians. This is a love of the Dem party that shows that "mature love" that Democrats are supposed to have that Al Franken speaks of in his book does not exist. Blindly following does not make anybody mature and not looking to yourself before pointing fingers can only make you a hypocrite.

I remember while Clinton was in office and before the Republicans took congress the Dem Congresswoman from District 1 in Colorado actually stated this about the Republicans, "They are coming for your children, to take their food! They are proud when they make Senior Citizens eat dog food! They want to starve the children and our senior citizens!"

If that is not slander I do not know what is. This was before Karl Rove was even on the scene, these were talking points for the Dem party at the time. If you want to stop it you must be as actively against it when it is on your side as on the other. If you only object to the Republicans using slander while your side is constantly doing it then you are simply demosheep, blindly following your leaders with no thought or indication of intelligence.

Examples? Sources?

How about during the 2000 primary when in South Carolina, to defeat John McCain, the Bush team polled people in the state by asking questions like "If you found out that John McCain had an illegitimate child, would you vote for him?"

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
How about during the 2000 primary when in South Carolina, to defeat John McCain, the Bush team polled people in the state by asking questions like "If you found out that John McCain had an illegitimate child, would you vote for him?"

ooh. Big deal.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew

I suggest you do a little sharpening of your law skills. Now tell me how this is slanderous, and tell me when exactly GWB spoke those words himself.

I mentioned two particular names in my post that you all have conveniently ignored, both were in races against Bush appointed opponents in 2002. One was Max Cleland of Georgia, a man who gave three limbs for YOUR freedom. Karl Rove created an ad campaign showing a picture of Cleland surrounded by pictures of Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, because Cleland voted against a Bush security bill. The other case was against Paul Wellstone of Minnesota, who tragically died in a plane crash during the 2002 campaign. Republicans led, once again, by Rove and Bush had run a campaign accusing Wellstone of voting for pork barrel projects by pointing out a rider on a bill Wellstone voted for, the problem is EVERY Republican Senator voted for this same bill as well. The McCain story is a classic example of push polling, and the question actually was "If John McCain had fathered an illegitmate child by a black woman would you be more or less likely to vote for him?" George W. Bush and Karl Rove will stoop to any level to win. I never heard Democrats questioning the patriotism of Republican veterans like Bob Dole and George Bush Sr.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
I mentioned two particular names in my post that you all have conveniently ignored

Bzzzzz, wrong again!

Both parties have engaged in the mudslinging and probably always will. I was commenting on the part you spoke about Bush - "President Bush cornered the market on slanderous filth a long, long time ago."

I'm not saying he isn't capable of his own mudslinging, but he hasn't lowered himself to the level of the Kennedy's and Kerry's of the world. If you can cite speeches where he has I would be happy to read them.

I have never heard either Kennedy or Kerry question the patriotism of any of our veterans, or engage in push polling or the other dirty tactics Karl Rove engages in on behalf of President Bush.

Of course, what we call slanderous filth today can't even compare to what politicians used to do to each other. Just a couple of fun examples, when John Quincy Adams ran against Andrew Jackson his supporters called Jackson the bastard child of Scottish prostitute and a pirate...can you imagine someone doing this nowadays? How about two great campaign slogans from the campaign of 1892, Grover Cleveland's campaign said of their opponent "Blaine, Blaine, James G. Blaine, continental liar from the state of Maine" Blaine's people shot back at Cleveland who had fathered an illegitmate child (well, he took responsibility though he wasn't actually sure of the child's parentage) "Ma, ma, where's my Pa, Gone to the White House ha ha ha"

Our history is rife with examples of extremely dirty politics, negative campaigning today can't even hold a candle to 100 to 200 years ago.

acludem

I suggest you do a little sharpening of your law skills. Now tell me how this is slanderous, and tell me when exactly GWB spoke those words himself.

I was giving an example of the Bush team being slanderous, I realize he himself never said any of this, only his buddies.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Don't forget about the "Bush Was Awol!" lie.

And don't forget that he never saw combat action.
Or that he was discharged to go to school?
Where he was, um, an excellent student. :rolleyes:

My father was in his class at Yale, Class of 1968. He said that he didn't know him personally but that he knew him to be an arrogant prick.

In fact, my Dad just went to his 35th reunion last Spring. Bush invited all 1000 of his classmates and a guest to the Whitehouse for a barbecue. A $500 a head barbecue. He-he, I guess the food was pretty good though.

And I am sure that most of the money was for security...

But yeah while Kerry was risking life and limb over in Nam, Bush was at Yale doing blow and being an arrogant prick!

So I wouldn't bring up Bush's military record, or lack thereof...

Originally posted by nycflasher
And don't forget that he never saw combat action.
Or that he was discharged to go to school?
Where he was, um, an excellent student. :rolleyes:

My father was in his class at Yale, Class of 1968. He said that he didn't know him personally but that he knew him to be an arrogant prick.

In fact, my Dad just went to his 35th reunion last Spring. Bush invited all 1000 of his classmates and a guest to the Whitehouse for a barbecue. A $500 a head barbecue. He-he, I guess the food was pretty good though.

And I am sure that most of the money was for security...

But yeah while Kerry was risking life and limb over in Nam, Bush was at Yale doing blow and being an arrogant prick!

So I wouldn't bring up Bush's military record, or lack thereof...

Sorry buddy, Bush served honorably, Kerry fucked up on the battlefield, and then proceeded to betray his country.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Sorry buddy, Bush served honorably, Kerry fucked up on the battlefield, and then proceeded to betray his country.

Oh right, that is why he is in prison.

Forum List

Back