Kerry hobnobbing in Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by ScreamingEagle, Jan 15, 2005.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Kerry met in Europe with Chancellor Schroeder on Thursday, Prime Minister Blair on Friday, and then was off to dine with President Chirac of France in Paris.

Kerry of course criticized Bush about Iraq while visiting. sarcasm: I'm sure that was all about his diplomatic "mending of fences" in order to "repair ties".

http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/articles/2005/01/15/kerry_urges_repairing_us_europe_ties/

2. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    well he got to have dinner with his idol

3. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Kerry is on the campaign trail again; the man is convinced that 2008 is his year; he'd visited Isreal and had met the new Palestinian leader.

He's politically going over the president's head; he's saying that "I can do a better job than GW, without being in the White House."

Kerry's actions, along with the republican controlled congress' lack of enthusiasm towards Bush?

Sounds to me like nobody in Washington has respect for GW! If you ask me, he's a lame duck already!

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    It's the strangest thing - it's like I'm hearing the theme music from "The Twilight Zone"...

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    But, to return to the Globe article (now that we've enjoyed our little science fiction break), can't John Kerry keep his size 15, Europhile foot out of his size 18, embarrased to be American mouth for five minutes??!!

"...REDUCE THE SENSE OF AMERICAN PRESENCE" in Iraq? This guy is more fun than a barrel of surrender monkeys! The objects of his adoration had ample opportunity to do just that - by INCREASING THE SENSE OF EUROPEAN PRESENCE - but they couldn't be bothered. Friendship and loyalty are all well and good, but don't be cutting into our PROFITS!!!! And, stop with all that uncouth, non-nuanced saber-rattling, you ignorant cowboys! Our appeasement policy is working just fine, thank you - as it always has.