Kerry, fake Catholic

f
from Kathianne:
"Tell the truth, I don't care, he's not a Catholic, though that wouldn't earn or negate my vote. He doesn't practice the precepts so defacto he is not Catholic, regardless of his own moniker."

I agree--he's not a (real) Catholic and it would influence my vote if I were a 'real' Catholic. How could somebody who actually practiced Catholicism stand him? If they were honest with themselves, I mean, could they really handle the pro-choice, the abuse of sacraments? The flagrant disobedience of ecclesiastical authorities? Uh, no way.

His fakeness makes one wonder what else is 'fake' about him if his faith is faked.

Personally I wouldn't vote for him anyway though, but I wonder how many 'real' Catholics are turned off by his shennanigans and turn toward Bush. If they aren't, they should be.

I'm Catholic, but he wouldn't earn my vote, regardless of his religious profession or practice. I cannot afford to be a one issue voter and right now, abortion is the law of the land. If all things being equal, I'd vote pro-life, but seldom are the candidates all equal.

Luckily for me, the Protestant president happens to be the most in sync with me, so I don't have a problem! :p:

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
What gets me about Dubbyuh is that he's a fake Christian. He appropriates Christianity, the parts he likes, but defies other beliefs for which he has disdain.

Christianity as a faith choice comes w/a price, so pay up or be something else, just don't pretend to be Christian. Dubbyuh is FAKE through and through if his core, his spirituality, is fake. I am sure Americans have learned through the priest sex scandals, Cardinal Law debacle, and ongoing lawsuits and their aftermath, that defying the principles of the faith is anathema. And costly in so many ways.

Let's not mention Cheney (what religion is he?). Why is no one talking about this in the mainstream media? (Ha.)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

What the heck does Catholic abuse scandals have to do with the President and his faith?

Originally posted by Bonnie
One day he says he beleives life begins at conception, the next he's yelling to a bunch of men hating women form NARAL that he will protect every womans right to kill her unborn baby if she wants to......... So which is it, because it can't be both?

Actually it can be both. What Kerry is saying is he has no problem with infanticide as long as a woman chooses to kill her child.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Actually it can be both. What Kerry is saying is he has no problem with infanticide as long as a woman chooses to kill her child.

What it tells me is Kerry is trying to be all things to all people hence he really has no core beleifs other than occupying the White House. He needs to find his soul. See the rpoblem with that kind of thinking is encapsulated very well in the movie The Candidate with Robert Redford in the last scene in which he finally wins the Presidency and he puts his feet up on the desk and says "Now What"? You can't be a leader that way.

Originally posted by Kathianne
I'm Catholic, but he wouldn't earn my vote, regardless of his religious profession or practice. I cannot afford to be a one issue voter and right now, abortion is the law of the land. If all things being equal, I'd vote pro-life, but seldom are the candidates all equal.

Luckily for me, the Protestant president happens to be the most in sync with me, so I don't have a problem! :p:

BRAVO.............I feel the exact same way about Bush, although re tha law of abortion it is incumbant upon someone of faith running for office to stick to their faith and when they do attain office to work within the legal system to make changes. Abortion was not always the law of the land and Roe V Wade decision was based on a total fabrication making it's foundation extremely weak. Ideally I would love to just have the hearts and minds of people to change without it coming to changing the law, but you do now have a situation in which abortion (killing of unborn babies) is not only legal but now it is sanctioned by the gov.

Forum List

Back