Kerry and 527 Connections

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    GOP was slammed by NYT 5 page article regarding such tenuous connections as some Texan's gave $ to the Swift Vets and had supported Bush. Oh wow, like those who didn't support Bush would be giving $? d'oh!

Well here is one site that has put together more than tenuous connections with DNC and 527's-including an admission that THEY are COORDINATING!

http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/001759.html#001759

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I won't be holding my breath for the NYT 5 page story on this one. :rolleyes:

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    But people are noticing the non-coverage. It's showing up in the polls. Mainstream media is ignoring at their own peril. :D

4. britinusa

britinusa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If the Bush campaign is really pulling the SwiftVet strings, don't you think they would have given them a lot more money? The SwiftVets ran their first ad in just three states! How much did it cost them? $250,000. They've raised double that during the last three weeks, only because they managed to get some light shining on them, thanks to the blogosphere.
    They held a press conference in May. The media ignored them. They had no option but to save up enough money to BUY some TV time. It took them three months to scrape together enough money. If Karl Rove WAS collaborating with them, he did a lousy job.
    By the way, if a 527 group called, let's say, Texas National Guard Veterans For The Truth (TexVets) had held a press conference in May in order to hammer Bush, would the media have ignored them? Would they have needed to BUY TV time?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Good points all! There is no doubt that so far, the Democrats have much more 527 $ coming in. Today, the WSJ has an editorial on that very subject:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005514

Excerpts:

6. britinusa

britinusa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks, Kathianne

I've been watching the talk shows all weekend. I just listened to a Kerry guy on Fox News this morning. They are hilarious. For months, they've been using Kerry's four months in Vietnam as a shield to deflect criticisms of Kerry's pathetic Senate record. They hardly mentioned his 19 years in the Senate at the Reinvention Convention (as Sean Hannity called it). Now they're yelling "Yes! Yes! Let's talk about his Senate record! Please! Please! No more Vietnam! Please!"
    It is so funny.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It will be interesting to see where the polls go this week, leading into the GOP Convention. I'm curious how the protestors will come off, as reading Indymedia posts, they are threatening everything from Maltov Cocktails to messing with the bomb sniffing police dogs.

The Kerry train seems a bit derailed, let's hope it stays that way! :beer:

8. britinusa

britinusa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, for the first time ever the Dems will view the GOP convention as a blessed relief. But I'm worried the protestors will crank up the violence even more in an effort to get the SwiftVets out of the spotlight. You know how it works: the protestors incite the violence and blame the NYPD for their heavyhandedness. And you know whose side the media will take.

9. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    That's the same kind of thing I've been thinking. Seems like the Bush people would have done more to cover things if they were directly involved, like make sure the donations were anonymous or at least presented that way. It's all just more of the Clinton-like argument that everything that goes against them must be a "right wing conspiracy". Forget the fact that there are more things pointing to a Kerry connection with MoveOn.org.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    The truth is taking it's last breath. Everyone knows that lies are ruling the media and people believe what they want. Obvious lies get a pass it they burst someones fantasy bubble. People have ranted for months about the abundance of lies and distortions but have you ever seen anything overtly certified as a lie and anyone held responsible for it? If so, it has disappeared from media microscope faster than you can say 'David Copperfield'.

I personally feel the truth is vital for the health of anything and see the lack of it as a plague that America will pay for dearly.