Kentucky Senate

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
Just watched Grimes and McConnell speaking at the "Fancy Farm" event.

Grimes was more charismatic. McConnell is campaigning against Obama.

Prediction. Bump for Grimes in next polls.

She is not going to win. Sorry.

You know that, huh? Good for you.

What did you think of both speeches today?

I think they're a waste of time. That's why I didn't watch them or read about them.

I don't need to watch debates (or read the transcripts) to predict what will happen. It is very difficult to defeat an incumbent. Especially when the incumbent is the Senate Minority leader.

She's a long shot at best. Don't bet the farm.

:thup:

I think they're a waste of time. That's why I didn't watch them or read about them.

I don't need to watch debates (or read the transcripts) to predict what will happen. It is very difficult to defeat an incumbent. Especially when the incumbent is the Senate Minority leader.

It wasn't a debate.

You've now made a prediction based solely on the fact that one of the candidates is the incumbent. You have really blown me away.

Tom Daschle?

I'm not a big fan of Mitch McConnell...but he's going to win.

Unless Grimes is the bluest of blue dogs, this race was over before it began.

McConnell is toast ...

You got that right. Boehner's counterpart in the Senate is finished according to those who have voting power.

Grimes appeal to women is something McConnell has deservedly availed himself to and will contribute mightily to his imminent defeat.

This is a toss-up race.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Kentucky Senate - McConnell vs. Grimes

McConnell has led in the last few polls. He also has a lot of structural advantages. He should be able to pull it off, but it will be close.

Remember, Grimes has to do better than Dan Mongiardo in the county map(United States Senate election in Kentucky, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And Eastern Kentucky is trending heavily R, so Grimes can't pull off the margins that Mongiardo did. So Grimes's only hope is getting a big win in Louisville and Lexington to put her over the top, while retaining at least some support in Eastern and Western Kentucky.

That is a tough hill to climb for Grimes. A very tough hill.......

McConnell fights dirty and hard because he intends to win at all costs. Grimes is a decent candidate but beating McConnell at his own game is not going to be easy. It is McConnell's race to lose but with that said he might screw up and say something really stupid about women and lose the race. However I place the likelihood of that occurring as close to zero since he is a seasoned politician not given to making that kind of rookie mistake.

Your honor, I rest my case

Last edited by a moderator:
She's got no chance. McConnrel will easily win.

Tell that to these Republican pollsters.

https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51102/images/KYMagellanToplines.pdf

T4. If the election for the United States Senate were being held today, would you vote for
Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Democrat candidate or Mitch McConnell, the Republican
candidate?
Alison Lundergan Grimes........................................49%
Mitch McConnell....................................................46%
Undecided................................................................5%

McConnell?s wife sits on board that opposes coal

McConnell’s wife sits on board that opposes coal

WASHINGTON – While Sen. Mitch McConnell is traveling Kentucky portraying himself as a friend of coal, his wife, former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, sits on the board of Bloomberg Philanthrophies, an organization that is supporting an anti-coal campaign.

McConnell, a Republican seeking his sixth term in one of the nation’s most-watched Senate races, also has been a staunch defender of tobacco interests. But, again, Chao is advising the Bloomberg group even as it backs a global battle against tobacco.

Mitch and Elain, on paper and politically would seem unbeatable ... time though has caught up with them and for the sane anyway their time is up - hopefully even in Kentucky.

woman, the sucess of the Affordable Care Act in Kentucky and a Democratic governor will turn the tide for Grimes.

Forum List

Back