Kentucky Derby

Kittymom1026

Gold Member
May 17, 2018
It is this Saturday and I will be watching as I do every year. There was a triple crown winner last year but I doubt there will be another one for a few more years. I watch all of the races and used to have a favorite jockey, Calvin Borel, but he has retired.
My all time favorite horse was Secretariat. He just loved to run and nothing ever got past him from start to finish. There's a statue of him at Churchill Downs because he was such a magnificent horse and one of a kind.

Every so often, there’s a horse race everyone in the world can enjoy — but never has a non-Triple Crown race received more attention than a race at Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J., this past Sunday afternoon. Horses Mywifeknowseverything and Thewifedoesntknow came down to the wire, and it created one of the greatest calls in all of sports. Announcer Larry Collmus noticed the names before the race, and his only thought was, “Don’t mess up.” Keep in mind, Mywifeknowseverything is trained by a woman, while a man trains Thewifedoesntknow. Check out the video below for the call.

Read more at: Battle Between ‘My Wife Knows Everything,”The Wife Doesn’t Know’ Comes Down to Wire

too funny. I will also watch and some of the hats are so huge.

Every so often, there’s a horse race everyone in the world can enjoy — but never has a non-Triple Crown race received more attention than a race at Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J., this past Sunday afternoon. Horses Mywifeknowseverything and Thewifedoesntknow came down to the wire, and it created one of the greatest calls in all of sports. Announcer Larry Collmus noticed the names before the race, and his only thought was, “Don’t mess up.” Keep in mind, Mywifeknowseverything is trained by a woman, while a man trains Thewifedoesntknow. Check out the video below for the call.

Read more at: Battle Between ‘My Wife Knows Everything,”The Wife Doesn’t Know’ Comes Down to Wire

too funny. I will also watch and some of the hats are so huge.

That was hilarious! Who would name those poor horses those names?

The Derby is based on horse breeding and training. Probably the only horse race that can't be fixed by organized crime but maybe not.

Do you think Country House should of been declared the winner. At first I didn't but the horse did almost cause an accident on the track, but I doubt the jockey was the cause. Maximum Security did cross the lane. So the horse with the biggest longshot ended up winning the Kentucky Derby. So I do agree with the decision, but I guess they are fighting it.

The article below has nothing to do with the Kentucky Derby Sat. , I never knew so many horses died due to accidents during the races.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Jockey Club, a Thoroughbred industry organization, reported 493 horses in the USA died from racing-related injuries in 2018. Battuello said the total number of racehorse deaths, across all breeds, each year is about 2,000.

Battle of Midway’s fate helps illustrate the discrepancy.

The horse will not be included in the Jockey Club’s 2019 death count because he died after getting injured in training.

The Jockey Club tracks fatal injuries of Thoroughbreds that occur during an official race, as reported by veterinary officials, and includes horses that succumbed to a race-related injury within 72 hours after race day, according to the organization’s website.

This horse was one of 23 who died at Santa Anita and left many unanswered questions

Forum List

Back