Kent Washington to students..if we can't guarantee re-entry into the country of our illegal students

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Then NOBODY gets to go on student body international trips that have already been planned and financed.

"The Kent School Board has decided to halt all international field trips, worried that stricter border enforcement could prevent Kent students who are in the United States illegally from returning to the country.

"The decision, announced at what was described as an emotional board meeting Wednesday night, resulted in the immediate cancellation of two Kentlake High School trips scheduled for this school year: an education exchange to Osaka, Japan, and a band trip to Victoria, B.C., that has been a school tradition for 18 years."

Students reeling after Kent School District halts international field trips over border concerns

"All of the fundraising that went into their efforts to prepare for these trips abroad is effectively wasted. An opportunity to travel which is far above and beyond anything we had available when I was in high school has gone up in smoke. And it’s apparently beyond the control of the rest of the families. All so those who are in the country illegally to begin with can remain safe from law enforcement."

School takes unusual (and heartbreaking) step to protect illegal immigrant students - Hot Air

Is it just common for schools to knowingly allow entry of illegal immigrants? Businesses to hire illegal immigrants?

If so, why aren't they being booked with a federal crime? I find this absolutely astonishing. I will probably never be able to wrap my mind around it.

Is it just common for schools to knowingly allow entry of illegal immigrants? Businesses to hire illegal immigrants?

If so, why aren't they being booked with a federal crime? I find this absolutely astonishing. I will probably never be able to wrap my mind around it.
I can't wrap my mine around it either. Just how many students are illegal? Maybe that school should be investigated. Really bad that the legal students are penalized because of the illegal ones. Maybe the parents should keep their illegal students home and let the rest enjoy their trip. Something else could be planned for the illegal students.

I can't wrap my mine around it either. Just how many students are illegal? Maybe that school should be investigated. Really bad that the legal students are penalized because of the illegal ones. Maybe the parents should keep their illegal students home and let the rest enjoy their trip. Something else could be planned for the illegal students.

Like a trip to their homeland?

Let the legal students go and offer the illegal ones a cup to catch their tears in while they travel home to their own country

Then NOBODY gets to go on student body international trips that have already been planned and financed.
Why should the other students have to be ripped off when they don't have anything to do with what happens to those at their school who are illegal?

God bless you and them all always!!!

Holly

once again liberals sacrifice our children to criminals.

Forum List

Back