Kavanaugh hearings

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
they start in a few hours.

a justice must keep an open mind when deciding a case. Kavanaugh's an originalist. he's an originalist.

• Banned
Arent they witholding a ton of paperwork relating to his previous work ? That should set off alarm bells.
we're witnessing a document massacre. Trump’s decision to step in at the last moment and hide 100k pages of Judge Kavanaugh’s records from the American public is not only unprecedented in the history of SCOTUS nominations, it has all the makings of a cover up.

Arent they witholding a ton of paperwork relating to his previous work ? That should set off alarm bells.
we're witnessing a document massacre. Trump’s decision to step in at the last moment and hide 100k pages of Judge Kavanaugh’s records from the American public is not only unprecedented in the history of SCOTUS nominations, it has all the makings of a cover up.
Cant the Senate refuse to hear him until this is sorted ? Its very disrespectful.

You are an idiot.

• Banned
the reason Trump appointed Kavanaugh is because of his lenient position on presidential powers.

but you never know how these justices will rule. who knew that Justice Roberts will rule for keeping Obamacare?

Trump is trying to hide records from the Bush Admin that the Bush Admin said could and should be released.

If I ever have to be tried in criminal court I hope I get to pick MY judge. I know if I do I'll do like Trump and pick one who has previously stated that I shouldn't be tried or even investigated...and of course refuses to recuse himself despite the fact that I CHOSE him

Last edited:
i dont criticize Judge Kavanaugh's qualifications, i criticize the process

the reason Trump appointed Kavanaugh is because of his lenient position on presidential powers.

but you never know how these justices will rule. who knew that Justice Roberts will rule for keeping Obamacare?
The reason why Trump appointed Kavanaugh is because he is a safe pick when the Senate has a very slim Republican majority, and it will hurt Democrats when they try to block him.

Trump can’t say that he is simply replacing Scalia because he no longer is.

Kavanaugh's full name is Brett Michael Kavanaugh...is it possible Trump thought he was nominating Brett Michaels?!

"I’ve covered five other Supreme Court confirmation hearings. None of them included anything like the chaos in the opening minutes of the Kavanaugh hearings this morning." - Adam Liptak

Bolshevik-style behavior. Where is the Sergeant-at-Arms? Remove them, including the Democrat Senators behind it and engaging in it, from the chamber.

"Wild start to Kavanaugh hearing - Dems interrupting Grassley’s opening statement, objecting to 42,000 pages turned over to the committee last night. Grassley tries to proceed, protestors start screaming. Dems try to adjourn. It is exceedingly rare for sens to interrupt a chairman"

I’m thoroughly enjoying watching the sorry Democrats make complete fools out of themselves

SCOTUS confirmation hearings are great because you get to see how dim your Senator is

Forum List

Back