Kansas City Broke: Closing 50% of The Schools. Kansas City Missouri School Board Fail

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Kansas City Broke: Closing 50% of The Schools

The Kansas City Missouri School Board voted Wednesday night to shutter nearly half of its schools in an effort to avoid going broke.The action closes 28 of 58 campuses and eliminates about 700 of the district's 3,300 jobs, including 285 teachers."None of us like doing this but it was necessary, it had to be done," said board member Arthur Benson after a tense five to four vote that was interrupted several times by upset parents.
The plan comes as school districts around the country, battered by the recession and budget cutbacks, are closing facilities to save money..

District Closes Half its Schools - WSJ.com

And deeper and deeper into the DEPRESSION we fall. And idiots are still talking about the recovery! What Recovery?????

i hear 1/2 the states are in the red now.....

They would be except for the fact that they can keep on cutting public services. As long as the states have revenue, and they can continue to pay the legislature its paycheck, the legislators will stay in session feverishly trying to iron out these sticky problems. They will be the last to lose their jobs.

Last edited:
Does it really matter all that much in Kansas? Don't they want to teach "magical creation" to the 50% that don't drop out?

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin - Education- msnbc.com

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin
One book's lesson: ‘Christian worldview ... is the only correct view of reality’

"The majority of home-schoolers self-identify as evangelical Christians," said Ian Slatter, a spokesman for the Home School Legal Defense Association. "Most home-schoolers will definitely have a sort of creationist component to their home-school program."

Kansas City: Evolution T-Shirts Banned The Sensuous Curmudgeon

Melby said she associated the image on the T-shirt with Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution. “I was disappointed with the image on the shirt,” Melby said. “I don’t think evolution should be associated with our school.”

----------------------------------

Couldn't ya just die?

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin - Education- msnbc.com

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin
One book's lesson: ‘Christian worldview ... is the only correct view of reality’

"The majority of home-schoolers self-identify as evangelical Christians," said Ian Slatter, a spokesman for the Home School Legal Defense Association. "Most home-schoolers will definitely have a sort of creationist component to their home-school program."

Kansas City: Evolution T-Shirts Banned The Sensuous Curmudgeon

Melby said she associated the image on the T-shirt with Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution. “I was disappointed with the image on the shirt,” Melby said. “I don’t think evolution should be associated with our school.”

----------------------------------

Couldn't ya just die?

Within the common law concept that a man's home is his castle and public law has to recognize that first and foremost, I strongly support the Christian teaching of Creationism in their home schools. Every well taught Christian who came out of the home school environment that I have met was very well educated and knew both Creation and Evolutionary theory. For years there, the winner of the annual spelling bee was a home schooler. Colleges look for home schooled kids with high SAT scores, because they make the most excellent of students.

Last edited:
Neubs

You have to be one of the most miserable bastards I've every come across on any messageboard.

If you won the $100 million in the lottery you'd find something to moan about...

I can't find anything funny about this.

Come on USA, you can pull out of this.

The rest of us in the democratic world need you strong and healthy.

In Australia we are happy to sell China all our pretty rocks but we really, really do not want to take orders from them.

Last edited:
Neubs

You have to be one of the most miserable bastards I've every come across on any messageboard.

If you won the $100 million in the lottery you'd find something to moan about...

I am not moaning about anything, I am just pointing out all of the lies of the Obama administration. He is easily the most corrupt president in American history and needs to be forcefully removed from office..

Neubs

I am not moaning about anything, I am just pointing out all of the lies of the Obama administration. He is easily the most corrupt president in American history and needs to be forcefully removed from office..
Don't you realize that the Bushes are arguably the most successful political dynasty now in existence. The DNC sought a progressive GWB clone and found him in BHO. Not to worry both of his daughters will become governors and one will be a two term president unlike one term daddy.

I can't find anything funny about this.

Come on USA, you can pull out of this.

The rest of us in the democratic world need you strong and healthy.

In Australia we are happy to sell China all our pretty rocks but we really, really do not want to take orders from them.

I believe your sincereity, Froggen. But you know what?

The world has spent the last 16 years or so beating on the USA as the laughing stock of the world.

Anti-Americanism has become popular bloody fucking sport in this world.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't---and when the world needs someone to come to the rescue, they look to us.

Dammit. We CAN'T SAVE THE FUCKING WORLD.

Hell, even with a map, a GPS unit and half-decent written directions, BHO couldn't find his way to the Executive Washroom in the Oval office.

We have REAL problems herein this country. Made WORSE by BHO.

The man the REST OF THE WORLD CHEERED ON AS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.

Well, man, he is NOT. He is not even his OWN savior.

He is so far in over his head as to be in Kindergarten playing Tinkertoys while the rest of the kids study Micro and Macro Econonomics.

We can't toss billions to Africa for AIDS and food while Tyrants starve their countrymen.

We can't rebuild whole nations after every natural disaster (think: Tsumami, Haiti, Chile, Iraq Earthquake, etc etc etc).

But yet we do.....whenever there is an emergency anywhere on this planet, there the fuck we are tossing our hard earned money to save lives and rebuild homes and countries.

And do we get a fucking thank you? NO.

Not only NO. But HELL NO.

We're made fun of. Critiqued. Told we're not doing enough for the rest of the world.

Meanwhile, places like Kansas City, MO are now down 50% of their school facilities to teach the next generation of Americans (who will also be expected to rescue world asses when their time comes).

Kansas City, MO doesn't sound like much.. It's po-dunk, MidWest USA. But it's the breadbasket of our country. Where SO MANY of the kind-hearted, generous American people with money and the love in their hearts go out and serve all the ungrateful cretins who demand our help come from.

I have two great nieces to attend school there. In high school. Sucks. Both will be changing schools next year due to this change.

Yeah. You need us. Until it's time for you Ozzies or Euros or whomever to have fun at our expense (again).

How fucking selfish.....

I guess our greenbacks spend good whether you like us or not, though, eh?

/END RANT

Going to bed. It's been a bad day. I'm home sick. Just got out of hospital with pneumonia and I'm fed up with just about everyone.

As if on cue, I looked up the mayors of Kansas City. City has been run by Democrats since 1930 with one Republican who left office in 1991.
Democrats, the Party of Fuck You.

Neubs

I'm not sure this is something you can blame on Obama. Please explain.

I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got a crazy way of learnin' there
And I'm gonna get me some.

I'll be standing on the corner
On the corner of Twelfth Street and Vine
I'm gonna be standing on the corner
On the corner of Twelfth Street and Vine
With my Kansas City voucher
In the end of that Kansas City line.

Forum List

Back