Just when I thought my weekend couldn't get any worse...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I get a call from my mom to come over for a few minutes (ya right, it's never less than an hour, but whatever). I had the day off work and I was working on some of my own business stuff (i am starting my own business), and I had just sat down and started my computer when she called.

backstory-
She's buying my Monte from me because their van died and they can't get one on their own right noew because they are in the process of filing bankruptcy. So she's paying me monthly payments, which include the insurance payment for it, because the car is still in my name, and there was a loan on it, though we just paid it off. I am just counting the whole payment towards the retail price of the car which is about $5k.-

Anyhow, I thought she wanted to give me a check for June's payment (she's sometimes late, but she will always get it to me before the middle of the next month). I thought maybe she didn't have the car because my step-dad takes it to work first, then when he gets home at 3, she leaves for her job which is 2nd shift, so it works out for them with just one car. I get there and I see the car in the driveway, and my mom standing out there. I can't think of why she would have me come over. Was there something majorly wrong with the car, and she needed to hold off on this month's payment to repair it? Was she in an accident, and I hadn't seen the damage yet?

She points to the tires. ALL 4 ARE FLAT! I asked if she ran over something and all 4 just happened to get something stuck in them? The parking lot at her job is filled with all sorts of debris that she's had 2 plugs put in already, and she told the manager that she will be billing the company for anything in the future, because they refuse to clean up the crap.

anyway, she told me it was vandalism, and she knows who did it, though she doesn't have tangible proof. She knows who did it though, because it has to do with her friend Stacy. Stacy's boyfriend beat her up a few days ago, and my mom MADE her file a report on him. He obviously didn't like that, so Monday night, he put a hole in each of the sidewalls (thus not fixable) of my $75/a piece BFGoodrich white letter tires. I had used a bonus from work to get me some nice tires for my nice car I had also worked my ass off for. This was 2 years ago, but still. Then the sucky part is my mom didn't have ANY money to even get one tire (again the bankruptcy issue), so I called around, and we were able to get 4 slightly used ones from a local auto parts place that does a tire exchange. My mom had 4 brand new tires in the garage that were supposed to be for their van that broke down and they junked. They gave us a credit for them, but not much. I still dished out $150 for the tires. I am not mad at my mom, because this was not her fault. I am just mad because I had other plans for this money, and this asshole that wrecked my tires basically made me spend the money on something else.

My mom has an old truck that the engine was going to be replaced on, and basically restored, but now they are just going to part out. The tires on that thing are new, but we didn't have time to pull those off, so she's going to put the original tires on it, and sell the new ones to get me my money back. I told her that there is no rush, to get it to me when she can. i feel so horrid for her that things are going as bad as they are, and I hate to see my mom stressed and nearly in tears like this. It all started when she was laid off, and couldn't find anything that paid near what she was paid at her previous job, so they got into some bad debt. Things were starting to look up for her before this happened.

My mom gave me a description of his vehicle and a plate number so if I see him on the road, i will call the cops. He has numerous warrants out, as well as about 18 months of back child support, and other things.

When it rains, it f-ing pours! :blowup:

Ok, i'm done now...

That sucks. Sorry to hear, but glad that your mom still has transportation.

As for Stacy, she should get away from her boy"friend" NOW. Sticking with physical abuse is nothing but trouble.

gop_jeff said:
That sucks. Sorry to hear, but glad that your mom still has transportation.

As for Stacy, she should get away from her boy"friend" NOW. Sticking with physical abuse is nothing but trouble.

she is. she's moving out as we speak. she just had to wait until the application for another apartment complex went through. she lived with him.

Forum List

Back