Just sound treated my Studio, (after pics)

Tucked to the left of my monitors is my grace m101 preamp....

My blue baby bottle mic is pictured..my headphones and shure ksm32mic are in my droor....my interface is next to my grace and I do all my mixing on software not hardware.

You only have one mic?
Is it all vocals and MIDI then?
I have two mics: the blue baby bottle and the shure ksm32. my mic plugs into the grace m101 preamp (phantom power), and the preamp plugs into the interface which sends the sound to the DAW (recording software). It's a pretty tight chain, I've never had any latency issues.

I just bought those yamaha mixing monitors yesterday, I used to use the KRK Rokit 5's which I never liked because they didn't seem to catch high end too well, and didnt really hear my reverbs good either.

Saturday morning I woke up and driving to get coffee I finally got mad enough that my mix sounds way different in the studio than in the car, and thats why I decided to go ahead and do a professional sound treatment job and also get new monitors.

You only have one mic?
I have two mics: the blue baby bottle and the shure ksm32. my mic plugs into the grace m101 preamp (phantom power), and the preamp plugs into the interface which sends the sound to the DAW (recording software). It's a pretty tight chain, I've never had any latency issues.

I just bought those yamaha mixing monitors yesterday, I used to use the KRK Rokit 5's which I never liked because they didn't seem to catch high end too well, and didnt really hear my reverbs good either.

Saturday morning I woke up and driving to get coffee I finally got mad enough that my mix sounds way different in the studio than in the car, and thats why I decided to go ahead and do a professional sound treatment job and also get new monitors.
were you getting monotones in the car or distortions...??

You mean you don't cut your own albums?

I do all of the writing, vocals, and vocal mixing. I have several people I work with who produce the instrumentation.
synthesized music or instrumental?

I usually record over acoustic guitar instrumentals with some bass added.

But synthesized is still a good tool for certain applications.

I know purists shun technology as "not really music," but everything is technology. Guitars are technology. Drums are technology. Synthesizers are technology, etc etc

You only have one mic?

were you getting monotones in the car or distortions...??

I was getting a bassy / dank sound or else I was getting a too-high-freq. sound.

When I cut the highs to compensate for my KRK's / room not translating them well, my low frequencies seemed to get muddier.

You mean you don't cut your own albums?

I do all of the writing, vocals, and vocal mixing. I have several people I work with who produce the instrumentation.
synthesized music or instrumental?

I usually record over acoustic guitar instrumentals with some bass added.

But synthesized is still a good tool for certain applications.

I know purists shun technology as "not really music," but everything is technology. Guitars are technology. Drums are technology. Synthesizers are technology, etc etc
I say use what is available..and synthesized can be better than some of the artists I've met and easier to deal with..

You only have one mic?

What are you using for an interface? I have an old Lexicon I need to upgrade.

How do you like the Grace preamp?

You only have one mic?

The grace is rated the best preamp for the $500 price point. And I agree that it's wonderful.

I'm using the Lexicon Omega desktop interface. I've had it for YEARS and never had any problems with it. It's that silver thing standing up on the left corner of the desk.

The lexicon omega is only like $200, and it has midi inputs too, I just don't use them for anything I just use it to power my monitors and also send my mic signal to my computer.

I'm really interested to see how my first mix sounds after treating my room and on the new monitors.

I've gotten really good at smoothing my sound (as best I could with a BAD room), so the upgrade is making my nipples kinda aroused slightly.

I'm going to shop right now for my instrumental.

My go to guy?

morganlikesmusic on youtube. Or, Sinima beats. Post those, this guy named Adamack who works for a production company called shadowville.

I never ever ever thought the staple gun would have worked on the bass traps, but I didn't want to glue my wall and I also think the dimples are kind of cute.

You only have one mic?

The grace is rated the best preamp for the $500 price point. And I agree that it's wonderful.

I'm using the Lexicon Omega desktop interface. I've had it for YEARS and never had any problems with it. It's that silver thing standing up on the left corner of the desk.

Yeah I could see a piece of it. I'm having intermittent driver issues on the Alpha, other than that and a dirty pot that needs cleaning it's OK. No real latency issues, just doesn't always show up in my software.

I do acoustic instruments though, so I need my mics. Looking at adding an Avantone CK-1 soon, or something like it.

Forum List

Back