Simple idea to reduce traffic deaths

Brucethethinker

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
This is so simple, and I'm not even going to try to patent it. There are some intersections I'm familiar with that have a crosswalk sign that reads down the seconds until the traffic light will turn yellow. I've learned to use it when I'm approaching the intersection in my car, and when I see that the light will turn yellow just about when I'm real close to the intersection, I can speed up so I'll get through before the yellow or i can slow down so I can stop before the intersection. So, why not have a timer sitting on top of the traffic lights. It would count down the seconds until a green light turns yellow, and it can also count down the seconds until a red light turns green. When you're sitting at a red light you can see if you have time to touch up your make-up before the light turns green. If all traffic lights had such a timer I believe accidents at these intersections would go down and lives would be saved. I don't think it would cost a whole lot, and therefore would be cost effective.

I thought that your message was going to say "Hang up and drive!" in it. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Its the first thing that comes to my mind anyways. :) :) :)

Mine's not as simple, but thought occured watching new car commercials with radar and future ones scanning their surroundings like, that if you stuck a bar code reader into cars, and a barcode version on speed limit signs you could force cars to go no faster than the last speed limit it scanned.

Forum List

Back