Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Just sitting here on my porch, watching the trash float by

By Chelsea Brasted

[email protected],

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

We knew without looking that a car was traveling too fast through our flooded Mid-City neighborhood. It wasn't the whooshing sound of the wake forced ahead of the car, or the slap back of the water behind it. It was the angry screams of neighbors, rising like a chorus as the car neared. For God's sake, would you slow down so the water STAYS OUT OF MY HOUSE?

The whole thing Saturday felt crazy. Up to nine inches of rainfall in three hours over parts of New Orleans. Flash flooding that stranded and soaked thousands across the metro area. The immediate impact in my neighborhood, near Jesuit High School: Popeye's cups, trash cans and miscellaneous floating garbage hitting me in the hips as I waded toward Carrollton Avenue.

Truck driver who sped down flooded Mid-City streets fired amid video outrage

"New drone footage shows New Orleans under water following heavy rainfall and flash floods: "
NBC News on Twitter

wow, New orleans sure got hit hard.

WOW....flooding in New Orleans...guess that never happened before. I swear science rocks, you have to be the biggest schmendrick on the board. Is there any climate misrepresentation that you won't fall for?

We can plan our way out of this mess...we have the ingenuity to create solutions to the future's disasters... do we have the 'will' to do it and the will to ''fund'' it? ... is another 64 thousand dollar question...

We can plan our way out of this mess...we have the ingenuity to create solutions to the future's disasters... do we have the 'will' to do it and the will to ''fund'' it? ... is another 64 thousand dollar question...
I would be ok investing in "solutions" into climate change. I do not, however, believe in redistribution. Or "climate change" accords that ruin sovereignty

I would be ok investing in "solutions" into climate change. I do not, however, believe in redistribution. Or "climate change" accords that ruin sovereignty

What sort of solution to climate change. We aren't causing it, and we can't prevent it. We are the most adaptable life form that has ever walked on this planet...when the climate changes we adapt...we haven't sat down believing that we could alter the climate by our actions since the aztecs cut out 14 hearts a minute over a 4 day "holiday" to appease their nature gods...

We are not altering the global climate...

And so shortly after Trump withdraws from the Paris accord... Coincidence...?

What sort of solution to climate change. We aren't causing it, and we can't prevent it. We are the most adaptable life form that has ever walked on this planet...when the climate changes we adapt...we haven't sat down believing that we could alter the climate by our actions since the aztecs cut out 14 hearts a minute over a 4 day "holiday" to appease their nature gods...

By "solution" i meant trying to develop ways millions of Americans can deal with things that are happening. It isnt unheard of for large masses of land to go underwater. My state used to be part of the ocean.

By Chelsea Brasted

[email protected],

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

We knew without looking that a car was traveling too fast through our flooded Mid-City neighborhood. It wasn't the whooshing sound of the wake forced ahead of the car, or the slap back of the water behind it. It was the angry screams of neighbors, rising like a chorus as the car neared. For God's sake, would you slow down so the water STAYS OUT OF MY HOUSE?

The whole thing Saturday felt crazy. Up to nine inches of rainfall in three hours over parts of New Orleans. Flash flooding that stranded and soaked thousands across the metro area. The immediate impact in my neighborhood, near Jesuit High School: Popeye's cups, trash cans and miscellaneous floating garbage hitting me in the hips as I waded toward Carrollton Avenue.

"New drone footage shows New Orleans under water following heavy rainfall and flash floods: "
NBC News on Twitter

wow, New orleans sure got hit hard.
/----/ Actually that is the best way to drive through a flooded area. The force of the truck pushes the water away so the engine isn't flooded and the truck doesn't float away. Complaining about getting wet in a flood is a tad bit stupid.

By "solution" i meant trying to develop ways millions of Americans can deal with things that are happening. It isnt unheard of for large masses of land to go underwater. My state used to be part of the ocean.
While I believe we've tipped the scale, there's no going back whether it was a natural cycle or a natural cycle with us humans speeding it up a bit, it's inevitable so I agree with you, we can figure out solutions for mankind....dykes, dams, raising roads, EL's, elevated trains vs subways in cities, or moving cities inland etc etc...

Which large masses of land are going under water? Sea level continues to rise a couple of mm per year the same as it has since the time we started measuring...I am guessing that you live in florida since you say it used to be part of the ocean...take a trip around your state...look at the old forts, and lighthouses, and structures that have been around for hundreds upon hundreds of years...note that the sea hasn't swallowed them up even though they are right on the ocean...and why?...because sea level isn't doing what you have been told it is doing...it is still rising at a rate of a couple of mm per year...apes..hell cattle could adapt to that level of sea level rise...

While I believe we've tipped the scale, there's no going back whether it was a natural cycle or a natural cycle with us humans speeding it up a bit, it's inevitable so I agree with you, we can figure out solutions for mankind....dykes, dams, raising roads, EL's, elevated trains vs subways in cities, or moving cities inland etc etc...

Can you show me a single piece...just one tiny shred of observed, measured, quantified data that supporters the anthropogenic climate change hypothesis over natural variability...just one? My bet is not because I have been looking for just a single piece of such evidence for decades and haven 't found it yet....if you are worried about climate change, then you are wasting emotional energy...

Which large masses of land are going under water? Sea level continues to rise a couple of mm per year the same as it has since the time we started measuring...I am guessing that you live in florida since you say it used to be part of the ocean...take a trip around your state...look at the old forts, and lighthouses, and structures that have been around for hundreds upon hundreds of years...note that the sea hasn't swallowed them up even though they are right on the ocean...and why?...because sea level isn't doing what you have been told it is doing...it is still rising at a rate of a couple of mm per year...apes..hell cattle could adapt to that level of sea level rise...
My state in TN.
I dont believe in AGW but i dont discount natural earth evolution.
I guess its possible that land sinks. IDK im not a scientist but land going under water isnt a mystery.

My state in TN.
I dont believe in AGW but i dont discount natural earth evolution.
I guess its possible that land sinks. IDK im not a scientist but land going under water isnt a mystery.

New Orleans and the surrounding area are sinking at just about the fastest rate along the gulf coast....here is a map showing how much and how quickly the land along the gulf coast is sinking..

louisiana-coast-land-sinking-map.jpg

Forum List

Back