Just saw Mike Pompeo on Ingraham, I hope the Biden admin heed his words on China and Taiwan

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
To paraphrase him "I hope the U.S shows action on Taiwan, not just words. It is especially important now after the international travesty in Afghanistan". I happen to think he might be a strong candidate for 2024. If not president, in some important capacity.

Indeed. Now is the time to go hard and ensure the world leads again on Taiwan. If the U.S don't have the right people in government in vital roles with the courage to do it, then find them. If the U.S doesn't lead and show strength, many millions could be lost in due time.

Much like the precursor to WW2 where England and France failed, we NEED American global leadership to avoid worse suffering. Let Taiwan citizens and China know that the West means business.

We can't beat Afghanistan but we are supposed to take on China? LOL

We can't beat Afghanistan but we are supposed to take on China? LOL

Yes, of course. You aren't going to declare war and attack them any more than they are against you. At least not through military means.

You align with Taiwan. Loudly, publicly and throw money in the region, encourage domestic and foreign ally military manufacturers to engage with Taiwan. Build trade deals, built strong alliances militarily, economically between them and Japan.

The buffer and the will of the citizen needs to be stronger than those in Afghanistan.

Why only Taiwan? I suppose now Georgians, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Estonians and the countries of Eastern Europe are in shock ... They so wanted to be in NATO, but in reality they realized that NATO would leave them.

Yes, of course. You aren't going to declare war and attack them any more than they are against you. At least not through military means.

You align with Taiwan. Loudly, publicly and throw money in the region, encourage domestic and foreign ally military manufacturers to engage with Taiwan. Build trade deals, built strong alliances militarily, economically between them and Japan.

The buffer and the will of the citizen needs to be stronger than those in Afghanistan.

Sure, spend billions over there which in the end ends up making no difference and then whine and cry about how we will bankrupt ourselves if we tried to enact health care here.

Sure, spend billions over there which in the end ends up making no difference and then whine and cry about how we will bankrupt ourselves if we tried to enact health care here.

There are some pushing a $3.5T Bill. If you can't find money to purchase a bit more global influence from that kind of green...

Maybe Canada needs to step up?

I prefer we not overspend, we are already broke.

Besides, no one has listened to Canada since about 2002 or so, we have more civil liberty problems here than the rest of the Western World.

Proactive decisions now by the U.S will avoid the inevitable. China is playing for keeps, we should believe them. America has by far the most to lose. As do Western citizens who will follow if the U.S is usurped.

I prefer we not overspend, we are already broke.

Besides, no one has listened to Canada since about 2002 or so, we have more civil liberty problems here than the rest of the Western World.

Proactive decisions now by the U.S will avoid the inevitable. China is playing for keeps, we should believe them. America has by far the most to lose. As do Western citizens who will follow if the U.S is usurped.

I see. You don't want to throw your money away but you are fine if we do.

I see. You don't want to throw your money away but you are fine if we do.

It's money that will be returned to you with good interest. That's the value of U.S imperialism, it still carries the highest return and value. The Goodwill of freedom is unmatched. Please keep it that way for all of our sakes.

As my dad used to say when he joined the military (I believe he received the words from his dad who also served) "you can face the enemy in their territory with a rifle in your hand or face them in your homeland".

It's all about orbits of influence. China has their eye on Taiwan and South East Asia.

Forum List

Back