JUST IN: Supreme Court Sets Unusual Opinion Release For Monday Morning – Signals Ruling on Trump Ballot Eligibility Imminent

How can four justices of the Colorado Supreme Court get it so wrong?

79154833-12905545-Four_justices_appointed_by_Democratic_governors_Justices_Richard-a-4_1703770493156.jpg

Because they are Progressive Democrats, of course. They put politics above the law. Just think of how many other poor decisions they have made!

Probably 9-0.... Didn't take them long so it's no to the petition.

This by the way has nothing to do with Trump. This is the supreme Court telling the state courts to put their dicks back in their pants and stay within their jurisdiction.

It's not hard for me to imagine that all the judges would agree on that issue no matter how much they may hate Trump.

Hate to say it -- but I agree. You were also spot on.

A broken clock...
:26:

"The ruling in Trump v. Anderson reverses the Colorado Supreme Court’s disqualification of Trump. It also means Trump’s disqualifications in Illinois and Maine won’t be allowed to stand."

"The overall judgment that Colorado could not disqualify Trump was unanimous. But four justices took issue with how far the ruling went in saying Congress must pass legislation for the 14th Amendment to be enforced against a federal candidate." --

WAPO

2. No discussion of whether Trump actually ‘engaged in insurrection’​

The ruling provides precisely zero clarity on the underlying issue of whether Trump actually engaged in insurrection — neither ruling that he did nor that he didn’t, or even engaging in discussion about it.

The three justices from the court’s liberal wing strongly objected to this, and Justice Amy Coney Barrett objected less forcefully.
JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR , JUSTICE KAGAN , and JUSTICE JACKSON

The Court has never been asked to rule on something like this during an election season.

next
When was the last time a state took the unprecedented step to remove an eligible candidate from the ballot? The Colorado court forced this action. That’s what dictated the time table.

Sheesh.

When was the last time a state took the unprecedented step to remove an eligible candidate from the ballot? The Colorado court forced this action. That’s what dictated the time table.

Sheesh.
When was the last time a sitting president took the unprecedented step to keep his opponent's win from being certified?

btw, "The Colorado court forced this action?" The court was asked to decide something. They did. Their ruling forced this. But it's a state's right vs a federal thing. State's right issue.

"That’s what dictated the time table." You need to stop arguing with voices in your head. Because in the real world, I never argued about the timing .

Sheesh.

In an interview on a conservative radio program, Mr. Trump said he was pleased by the ruling.
“I was very honored by a nine-to-nothing vote,” he said. “And this is for future presidents, this is not for me.”

True. But the immunity decision will be about him personally, as well as for the future. He is the one who has claimed the shit

Forum List

Back