Just here to drop a little hello.

Giving this message board a shot and seeing if it's right for me.

Been needing to find a place to form my political thoughts out more.
What is transhumanist?---BTW--Have fun here.
Apologies, I haven't visited this forum in a bit.

I believe that through science and technology, the human species can overcome natural biological limitations and redefine what it means to be human. To do this, we must merge our biological bodies with machine.

I am a singulariatarian if you will; which has several different meanings defined by several different people. Some define a singulariatarian as 'one who believes the concept of a [technological] singularity.' Others define it as a 'Singularity activist' or 'friend of the singularity'; one who acts so as to bring about a singularity. That excerpt from taken from 'The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology' by futurist Ray Kurzweil.

You may be wondering what a 'technological singularity' is. Simply put, it's a point a where human technological development increases at such a rate in which it drastically changes humanity. A sure sign of this is when general Artificial Intelligence surpasses human intelligence, and at an ever increasing rate.

Last edited:

I believe that through science and technology, the human species can overcome natural biological limitations and redefine what it means to be human. To do this, we must merge our biological bodies with machine.

I am a singulariatarian if you will; which has several different meanings defined by several different people. Some define a singulariatarian as 'one who believes the concept of a [technological] singularity.' Others define it as a 'Singularity activist' or 'friend of the singularity'; one who acts so as to bring about a singularity. That excerpt from taken from 'The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology' by futurist Ray Kurzweil.

You may be wondering what a 'technological singularity' is. Simply put, it's a point a where human technological development increases at such a rate in which it drastically changes humanity. A sure sign of this is when general Artificial Intelligence surpasses human intelligence, and at an ever increasing rate.
Merge with Machines? Like a Cyborg?

Welcome, enjoy, there is no better PoliticalForum than this one. :hhello:

I suppose you could say that, yes. There are a few emerging technologies similar to such, like Elon Musk's neuralink. Technology can be really beneficial to humanity by drastically increasing the human lifespan, helping identifying and eliminating disease, and even eventually eliminate hunger and poverty. When human trials of neuralink come along, they would first be tested on the disabled, such as quadriplegics; the technology will cure physical disabilities later down the line.

I suppose you could say that, yes. There are a few emerging technologies similar to such, like Elon Musk's neuralink. Technology can be really beneficial to humanity by drastically increasing the human lifespan, helping identifying and eliminating disease, and even eventually eliminate hunger and poverty. When human trials of neuralink come along, they would first be tested on the disabled, such as quadriplegics; the technology will cure physical disabilities later down the line.
Hmmmmmm… As a Sci-Fi fan ,I read about talking robots in the 1960's. Now that we HAVE 'em ,I don't care for 'em much.

Forum List

Back