Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Oldstyle, Oct 29, 2016.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,839
    How has this improved since you started this thread? Other than you no longer have insurance. Or do you have a cheap insurance that doesn't cover anything? I have a friend he has bare bones insurance and his wife got cancer and he had to have a fundraiser. I didn't give shit because he votes Republican. Fuck him he did that to himself. You Americans have the jobs and healthcare you deserve.

Just another reason you'll probably die penniless.

2. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,343
    How does it help to die with money?

3. BlueGin

BlueGin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,144
    That and the deductible.

The only people who can afford to go to the doctor are the people on welfare

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,839
    You must not have any money if you are asking that question.

The point is, you don't know how long you are going to live. People who talk like you will be in for a rude awakening when you get in your 60's. When you have to keep working even though physically and mentally you are done. And your family will be in for a rude awakening too when you have to move in with them or they have to pay your funeral costs. Or watch you die because you didn't have good insurance.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,839
    I found an article that might explain it to you

Do you want to die with money in the bank?

And by the way, I have all the toys. Guns and property to hunt, a pontoon boat and a quadrunner.

Bottom line is I want to know I won't run out of money. I also want to be able to retire. And I want to leave my nephews a nice sum of money.

It's also that assurance that you have more than enough money no matter what happens. Of course we would all love to know exactly how long we are going to live and spend every dime before we check out but that's not going to happen.

Do you expect or hope to live to 80? What if you live till 90? So you better save for the possibility that you might live till 90. But if you don't, and you die at 80, you will leave some money behind and that's a good thing for your love ones. Is it not?

I can't believe you asked that question.

6. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,883
    I retired at 46 seven years ago.
    Our plan is to live of dividends and savings (partially) and then live off of SS savings and dividends.
    Given the fact that most stop spending on frivolous crap,which we've already done for the most part since we've already acquired the costly items I see no problems in our future.
    I want for nothing but a quiet place in the country which we can easily afford.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,839
    You retired at 46? Now that's amazing!!! I wish I could. That would probably take $2 million dollars I'm guessing. I don't have a lot of bills I bet $1 million would do it except for healthcare.

What do you do for healthcare now? If you can afford that and to retire at 46, you are rich. Or you don't have healthcare?

8. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,809
    Someone must be triggered..........from current events....

9. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,883
    Right now we're using the Wife's healthcare as she hasn't retired yet. Of course we've already planned for our healthcare post retirement. You'd be a fool not to.

As far as being rich? We're in the top 3% and have planned our life all the way to death.

After that my Niece gets everything.

10. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,317
    We do have jobs we deserve. Why do you think millions people around the world, come here to get a better future?
    We do have the healthcare we deserve. Why do you think we have the highest survival rates in the world, and people come here from Europe routinely, to get care?

Not likely. I'm always confused by this "Cheap health insurance that covers nothing"? What do you mean by that? In 2006, before Obamacare wrecked the insurance market, I had a policy for $67 a month, that covered up to $2 Million dollars on catastrophic coverage. That's pretty good I thought. What more do you need to have covered? Granted it doesn't cover alcoholism, but I don't drink anyway. It doesn't cover addiction, but then I've never taken an illegal drug in my life. It doesn't cover HIV and other STDs, but then I don't screw random women. I only have sex with my wife.

Do tell.... why would I die penniless? By the way..... whether you die penniless, or a multi-millionaire, you do know that you don't take anything with you into Heaven or Hell, so is it really that big of a deal?