Just don't call them "Death Panels"

Where does it say they aren't allowed to be readmitted, all I see the disallowance referencing is payment. This encourages the Hospital to do a better job, because they CANT REFUSE the readmittance and thus would NOT GET PAID FOR IT.

Readmissions aren't being limited to the person(s) with the illness.

tumor.jpg

Now have someone read sec 3026 to you. This allows for the patient filling any of these conditions

(A) Cognitive impairment.

(B) Depression.

(C) A history of multiple readmissions.

(D) Any other chronic disease or risk factor as determined by the Secretary.

to be shunted off to "transition" care instead of being readmitted to hospital care. What do you suppose people who fit in one or more of those categories might be "transitioning" to?

Please link to where in the bill it states that people will not be allowed back into the hospital. You're claiming that people will be forced into "transition care" - show me the language in the bill that will "force" people.

DRGs take into consideration the condition/diagnosis AS WELL AS the severity of the patient.

If there is a seventy year old who is as healthy and spry as a ten year old, then they would be paid the same.

Otherwise, the seventy year old with an appendectomy would likely be paid more because of comorbities.

The hospital will not only get paid for the appendectomy, but also for monitoring and treating their diabetes, their COPD, their HTN, their angina...as long as all of those things are documented in the initial admission note.

What a crock of shit.

That's the way it is.

yes,, right,, that's why hospitals have whole departments, expensive costing departments set up to review charts and fight every single claim that medicare has denied them on which are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots which is why they have to have utilization review. DUmmie :lol::lol::lol:

What a crock of shit.

That's the way it is.

yes,, right,, that's why hospitals have whole departments, expensive costing departments set up to review charts and fight every single claim that medicare has denied them on which are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots which is why they have to have utilization review. DUmmie :lol::lol::lol:

Imagine if mechanics had to fight that hard to get paid.

That's the way it is.

Imagine if mechanics had to fight that hard to get paid.

so the hospitals must give the care and then "fight to get paid" sounds like a fucking obie wan idea to me.

How about we just call them "Obama wants to kill my baby deciders" ??

Read the article, didja?

"In a pamphlet titled “Bad Medicine: A Guide to the Real Costs and Consequences of the New Health Care Law,” Tanner concludes that instead of saving money and lowering the federal debt that the program will cost $2.7 trillion over 10 years (not less than $1 trillion as the CBO said)"

“We should be clear, however. With a few minor exceptions governing Medicare reimbursements, the law would not directly ration care or allow the government to dictate how doctors practice medicine. There is no ‘death panel’ as Sarah Palin once wrote about in her Facebook posting. Even so, by setting in place a structure of increased utilization and rising costs, the new law makes government rationing far more likely in the future.”

Oopsies.

Last edited:
So it looks like one side of this argument is presenting facts and supporting evidence, while the other side of the argument is name calling, rejecting ideas without support, and posting cat pictures.

just checking.

Hmm, Government rationing by a government that has genuine, proud Eugenicists on the payroll. I wonder where it will lead?

So let's see.....hhhmmmm...we have the opinion of at least one medical doctor (possibly two, as I don't know if theDoctorisIN is a real medical doctor, any more than I am..;o), and a slew of right-wing, Obama-hating whackjobs...

......hhhmmm, who to believe...those educated in the actual process, or those taking a stab in the dark...so hard to decide...

Read the article, didja?

"In a pamphlet titled “Bad Medicine: A Guide to the Real Costs and Consequences of the New Health Care Law,” Tanner concludes that instead of saving money and lowering the federal debt that the program will cost $2.7 trillion over 10 years (not less than $1 trillion as the CBO said)"

“We should be clear, however. With a few minor exceptions governing Medicare reimbursements, the law would not directly ration care or allow the government to dictate how doctors practice medicine. There is no ‘death panel’ as Sarah Palin once wrote about in her Facebook posting. Even so, by setting in place a structure of increased utilization and rising costs, the new law makes government rationing far more likely in the future

Oopsies.

That's not "death panels."

Its a legitimate criticism to say that there may be rationing in the future. It is not a legitimate criticism to say that there are death panels. That's moronic.

Hmm, Government rationing by a government that has genuine, proud Eugenicists on the payroll. I wonder where it will lead?

Sorry if reality doesn't float your boat, maybe you should go and live in Utopia...drop me a line if you ever find such a place...I won't hold my breath...

Have you ever read anything by Ezekiel Emanuel? He could ghost write for Josef Mengele

Cass Sunstrein? John Holdren?

Your ignorance is not my problem

Liberals defending Libera-OWAI. :eek:

Read the article, didja?

“We should be clear, however. With a few minor exceptions governing Medicare reimbursements, the law would not directly ration care or allow the government to dictate how doctors practice medicine. There is no ‘death panel’ as Sarah Palin once wrote about in her Facebook posting. Even so, by setting in place a structure of increased utilization and rising costs, the new law makes government rationing far more likely in the future.”

Oopsies.

That's not "death panels."

Its a legitimate criticism to say that there may be rationing in the future. It is not a legitimate criticism to say that there are death panels. That's moronic.

No it isn't.

When you have certified Eugenicists advising on rationing, it's foolish to think it leads to anything else.

so the hospitals must give the care and then "fight to get paid" sounds like a fucking obie wan idea to me.

Yes, Obama invented third party payment.

Looks like you caught him. :clap2:

No asswipe, what he did was steal 960 Billion dollars from the medicare fund. So guess fucking what???? There are going to be a LOT MORE DENIALS for care and without that care seniors will DIE. obie lied Seniors DIED. got it now? doyahuh?

Forum List

Back