Just Across the Border, a War is Escalating...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mal, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Our idiotic drug laws make it all possible.

3. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Expand...

:)

peace...

4. stoneridge

stoneridge Stoney

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Across the border into Mexico is a third world country. Political Corruption at every level is the main reason. This is a very powerful motivator to the people of this country to be as political as they can be and ensure that honest people are elected to office. IMO to keep pols honest they can be career politicians but must go up the ladder and not stay stagnant say in the House of Representatives for 30 years. 10 years in the house and you move up or go back home and work for a living. Get rid of the perks that go along with the Washington jobs. Paid for life. Thats bullshit. The list goes on and on.

5. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235
    This is definitely one of the most disturbing....things; for lack of a better word, that is happening on the border. I first saw a cartel featured on "Gangland", that scared the sh*t out of me, about a year ago. I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the group that I am talking about. They are so ruthless, frightening, and sociopathic, that I am afraid to even post what they call themselves.

And it's comforting to know that they were trained by the US military. I don't claim to be an authority on military operations; but I don't see how we are going to be able to combat these people....who will stop at nothing to peddle their dope. Most law enforcement officers whom I've spoken with, will admit that they are hesitant to move in on these guys. And who could blame them. Their tactics...arms....logistics....don't touch these guys. This will probably be one of the next major "throwdowns" with, terrorists. What else can you call them? People who will murder an entire family (children included) in broad daylight...have no plans of stopping. It will take special forces to take down these...devils. I respect their abilities too much to refer to them as "assholes", or some other simplistic terms. What else can be said?

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    Fox news reported the other day when "no one was watching. Sixty Nine people died violently in Mexico in one day.. Far less than Iraq and Afghanistan together.. yet that DUmbass Napolitano won't send Rick Perry any help.. go fucking figure.. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    There is no problem. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    It's one of the "overseas contingency" deals,, I heard that idiot gates say that again today.. I almost puked my cookies up..

9. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Willow, I respect your opinion. What are you thinking? CIA, special forces, seals, etc...? We're stretched a bit thin right now as I understand it...our military that is. As quickly as possible, I believe that we need to get some of our special forces involved in this. Most of the law enforcement of this country is not equipped for a fair fight against these people. It's going to take military action. If we don't get a hold on this....we will progressively be destroyed by these people. And when I saw the headline to the article, I knew immediately who was responsible. And it is very frightening. It's time to get involved; as soon as we get the available resources. Maybe now would be the time to initiate some of these private contractors? Your thoughts? Surely this is on someone's mind. Most of us are moderate enough to understand that a handshake is not gong to solve this problem. This is going to take aggressive action. And this is coming from a liberal.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  10. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    And perhaps...legalize drugs. Do you think that this would slow this down. Or is this a naive assumption?