Just Across the Border, a War is Escalating...

Oh definitely not. I did my share of drugs, starting at the age of 12. An fortunately my abuse halted at 18. But children obviously aren't the only ones. (wheels are turning) Place some kind of federal mandates on the production. Cut off the bastards' incentives. Produce our own. Sell it, legally. (though guns can be sold legally, but there is still a black market). How else can we stop them? Kill them all? Is this possible? What are your ideas? Give the rights to American drug manufacturers? Marijuana sold to those 21 and over? Or do we bomb the Mexican/American border? Ideas?

Why dont we create an assasins guild and a thieves guild as well? If we set legal quotas on how many people can be murdered or stolen from and build strong organizations for each of these activities, they will take out any of their competition and we would be completely free of crime.

Oh definitely not. I did my share of drugs, starting at the age of 12. An fortunately my abuse halted at 18. But children obviously aren't the only ones. (wheels are turning) Place some kind of federal mandates on the production. Cut off the bastards' incentives. Produce our own. Sell it, legally. (though guns can be sold legally, but there is still a black market). How else can we stop them? Kill them all? Is this possible? What are your ideas? Give the rights to American drug manufacturers? Marijuana sold to those 21 and over? Or do we bomb the Mexican/American border? Ideas?

Why dont we create an assasins guild and a thieves guild as well? If we set legal quotas on how many people can be murdered or stolen from and build strong organizations for each of these activities, they will take out any of their competition and we would be completely free of crime.

Real solutions? Realistic ones? Are you brainstorming? Or being a smartass?

Being a complete smartass while totally showing the absurdity of your argument.

Being a complete smartass while totally showing the absurdity of your argument.

So what are your ideas, genius? I'm waiting? And what is absurb? I'm in awe of your brilliance, and on the edge of my seat. We should just wait. Yeah...that's it. We'll just wait. We can teach abstinence only in schools. We can bury our heads in the sand; and pretend that EVERYTHING is just perfect here. After all....the war on drugs has been a tremendous success. Let's just spend a few more billion $$$ on that. That isn't absurb. Is it?

Because those are completely analogous to drugs :)

Things are certainly getting bad on the border. There are drug convoys that go from Mexico to the USA and vice versa; they are often well protected by cartel members that border patrolmen cannot apprehend because they tend to be heavily armed. We are at least somewhat prepared whenever the war in Mexico spills over to our side. We have an estimated 4,000 militiamen (most of them are reserves while a smaller number of 400 are active locally) in Arizona and a military fort in Sierra Vista (a major transit point for many illegals) manned by 1,000 troops.

Expand...

:)

peace...

Nobody's killing people to corner the parsley market, are they?

Why not?

I wouldn't push for a full legalization of drugs. Just make cannabis legal, decriminalize cocaine but keep heroin and meth illegal.

Controlling some substances I get.

Turning what MIGHT be somebody's medical problem into a crime, is a tragic mistake, not only for that person, but for society as a whole.

Across the border into Mexico is a third world country. Political Corruption at every level is the main reason. This is a very powerful motivator to the people of this country to be as political as they can be and ensure that honest people are elected to office. IMO to keep pols honest they can be career politicians but must go up the ladder and not stay stagnant say in the House of Representatives for 30 years. 10 years in the house and you move up or go back home and work for a living. Get rid of the perks that go along with the Washington jobs. Paid for life. Thats bullshit. The list goes on and on.

Oh gag, stick to the topic would ya? Twenty-three million Americans are addicted to drugs or alcohol. The addiction to alcohol is still estimated to be 10 million, so that leaves 13 million addicted to drugs all of which, except for meth and overly prescribed legal drugs, is smuggled into this country. It's the users who have created the demand for illegal drugs, not term limits for politicians. Geezus...

Fox news reported the other day when "no one was watching. Sixty Nine people died violently in Mexico in one day.. Far less than Iraq and Afghanistan together.. yet that DUmbass Napolitano won't send Rick Perry any help.. go fucking figure.. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Perry asked for help? Imagine that. The cowboy who wants to secede from the union. Whatever would he do without HELP that he's already got from Washington to run his state?

Willow, I respect your opinion. What are you thinking? CIA, special forces, seals, etc...? We're stretched a bit then right now as I understand it...our military that is. As quickly as possible, I believe that we need to get some of our special forces involved in this. Most of the law enforcement of this country is not equipped for a fair fight against these people. It's going to take military action. If we don't get a hold on this....we will progressively be destroyed by these people. And when I saw the headline to the article, I knew immediately who was responsible. And it is very frightening. It's time to get involved; as soon as we get the available resources. Maybe now would be the time to initiate some of these private contractors? Your thoughts?

I do believe Gov. Perry has requested extra border patrol and some National Guard.. What am I thinking? I'm thinking obamalama should make good his promises and end the fucking wars and bring the troops home and station them on the border. That's where they should have been beginning on 9-12-01.. Bush sucked at securing our borders and obamalama ain't a damn bit better.
I am a realistic liberal. And to a degree, I concur that we need to withdrawn our troops from the middle east as soon as it can be done safely. There is a huge storm brewing south of the border, and is strong-arming its way to the united states. We should not have to live in a country where we are afraid ALLL the time. This is a huge problem, and I'm hoping that the attention is being paid to these spawns of satan. What about Ron Paul's idea? Let's legalize all drugs? Would this decrease some of the incentive? I believe that this IS the new terrorism.

Legalize all drugs? No way. Marijuana, fine, but heroin? I can see it now. Fields and fields of bright red poppies growing all across the nation, replacing corn and other vegetables because the demand for a fix will outweigh the demand to actually eat. Middle America where more meth is made and consumed will produce generations of zombies. Want a Percocet? Ten cents, please. How about a half-dozen Oxycontin? That'll be $2.00. Need a head of lettuce? On sale today for $5.00.

Several years running, in the late 70's and early 80's, I would work winters at a ranch on the border. The border was quiet then, sometimes I would cross the border on horseback and not know it. Actually quite a serious "crime", taking a horse into Mexico like that I understand. Once in a great while we would see traces of illegals, and found a body once, dead from thirst probly.
Last winter I worked as a wrangle for part of the winter at a dude ranch close to the border. In 3 months, 35 miles from the border as the crow flies, there were 11 bodies found in the wash, 5 by me. Most were shot. I was required to go armed on the trail rides I conducted, even on the ranch itself. Customers were encouraged to do the same. Granted, there was rabies that winter, and had been an attack by a lion on horse and rider. Still. I also was instructed, when I had the time, to drop water bottles at a couple of places. Most of the time the water was gone when I went back, but sometimes the bottles were cut.
As for the ranch i worked on when I was young? It was sold in the 90's to a pecan farm. It makes a great camping area for those on a layover.
I don't think I would ride alone on my horse along the actual border these days anyway............

Expand...

peace...

Why not?

I wouldn't push for a full legalization of drugs. Just make cannabis legal, decriminalize cocaine but keep heroin and meth illegal.

Meth? Surely you jest. Unfortunately, photos can only capture the outside damage, not the brain turning to mush too.

bodyp4.jpg

FRONTLINE: the meth epidemic: how meth destroys the body | PBS

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Why not?

Meth? Surely you jest. Unfortunately, photos can only capture the outside damage, not the brain turning to mush too.

bodyp4.jpg

FRONTLINE: the meth epidemic: how meth destroys the body | PBS

^Personal Witness to that Evil Drug...

peace...

Forum List

Back