Just a Thought

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Just a Thought​

by Hulka
January 14, 2013

With all this discussion regarding gun control measures and increased mental health screening, it occurs to me that while most everyone agrees we need better screening to ensure mentally unstable people do not obtain firearms, the question is:
Who will decide who is "mentally unstable"? The government?
Will the federal government dictate mental health exams prior to purchasing firearms?
Do you trust the government to decide who is "sane" when it comes to owning a firearm?
Recall DHS issued guidelines stating conservatives, patriots, veterans, NRA members and others that support and defend our founding principles are to be looked at as possible terrorists (a short trip from terrorist to "crazy") and the government could very well classify anyone they don't like as mentally unstable and deny them firearms. So, you can see, my concern is not without merit.

Last edited:
Just a Thought​

by Hulka
January 14, 2013

With all this discussion regarding gun control measures and increased mental health screening, it occurs to me that while most everyone agrees we need better screening to ensure mentally unstable people do not obtain firearms, the question is:
Will the federal government dictate mental health exams prior to purchasing firearms?
Do you trust the government to decide who is "sane" when it comes to owning a firearm?
Recall DHS issued guidelines stating conservatives, patriots, veterans, NRA members and others that support and defend our founding principles are to be looked at as possible terrorists (a short trip from terrorist to "crazy") and the government could very well classify anyone they don't like as mentally unstable and deny them firearms. So, you can see, my concern is not without merit.

I don't believe a person should be deprived of their Constitutional rights without due process. In other words without going through the judicial system.

It would have to be a court in consultation with an evaluating mental health professional.

Not possible, way too onerous.

"Mentally unstable" is not an actual classification. "The government" can apparently do whatever it wants, but does not want to attract too much attention to itself, so it does not do things quite as wantonly as the concern you're pointing out here.

So I see the topic title and the person who started it, and I immediately think to myself, "Werewolf had a thought? An actual thought?"

Then I open the topic, and of course he did not. Just the usual copy and paste job. :lol:

So I see the topic title and the person who started it, and I immediately think to myself, "Werewolf had a thought? An actual thought?"

Then I open the topic, and of course he did not. Just the usual copy and paste job. :lol:

Will Janet Incompetano pass you as mentally stable? Hmm..., I doubt it.

Just a Thought​

by Hulka
January 14, 2013

I have questions that fits your thread title Just a Thought perfectly.

How can you live in America and not know the answer to your stupid question? Why is your brain so cooked that all you can think of is gubmint, gubmint?

You better stay away from right-wing sites and propaganda before your brain is totally toasted and the Shrink and Judge takes away your guns!

Forum List

Back