Just a thought...

I'm a gun owner, a second amendment rights advocate, and I don't believe in any type of small arm weapons controls.

However...cops most everywhere know that 94% of Americans lack the balls to shoot an armed intruder. Most of the time they hide or flee.

It's a losing argument for our side of the gun control argument to use the concept that a armed citizens make all of us more safe. They're just not that brave on the average

I'm a gun owner and believe in the second amendment and agree completely with what you've written.

further, I believe it is utterly unAmerican that some are fighting for the RIGHT of criminals, illegal aliens and people who are on our terrorist list to be able to easily buy firearms on line and at gun shows.

More than 40% of all gun purchases are made at gun shows.

This past couple of weeks the criminals, illegal aliens and terrorists have been stocking up - all at the invitation of the radical right wing gun nuts.

Do you live in Great Britian?
Do you have any idea of the number of accidental deaths and suicides here in the USA by gun? And we put up with massacres of young kids. All so you can entertain your fantasy of shooting the robber who is breaking in to your house.

Or is it the fantasy of repealing the invasion of the body snatchers a.k.a. jack booted government thugs coming to take your guns and liberty.

How many invasions you repealed?

How many times has a breakin occured at your house?

How come your fantasies/fears are more important than other peoples realities?
How many times have the police shown up in time to prevent crime?

Since when are the police called before a crime is committed?

What a dumb thing to say.

"Citations" have been posted repeatedly - more guns are not an answer unless you want more gun deaths.

The OP is an ancient email from about ten years ago.

Tony Martin was not sentenced to life.

'I don't regret shooting dead teenage burglar', says remorseless farmer Tony Martin | Mail Online

He served 3 years.

As for the burglars, one died. But the others involved served time:

Mr. Martin made out all right:

He shot them while they were trying to flee. The dead kid was shot in the back.

They broke into his house, end of discussion.

That's not the end. He didn't shoot them while they were breaking in; He shot them while they were trying to leave. And then the evidence led the authorities to believe he was lying about the circumstances of the shootings. And why would he lie if he believed he had done nothing wrong?

Do you have any idea of the number of accidental deaths and suicides here in the USA by gun? And we put up with massacres of young kids. All so you can entertain your fantasy of shooting the robber who is breaking in to your house.

Or is it the fantasy of repealing the invasion of the body snatchers a.k.a. jack booted government thugs coming to take your guns and liberty.

I have repelled a robbery and a man trying to break into my home to rape my wife. Have you ever done anything that required balls?

I have repelled a robbery and a man trying to break into my home to rape my wife. Have you ever done anything that required balls?

We don't do much here at USMB, but we sure do demolish the odds when it comes to politically conservative people having their homes broken into and thwarting violent crimes.

Someone should do a study of some kind.

He shot them while they were trying to flee. The dead kid was shot in the back.

They broke into his house, end of discussion.

That's not the end. He didn't shoot them while they were breaking in; He shot them while they were trying to leave. And then the evidence led the authorities to believe he was lying about the circumstances of the shootings. And why would he lie if he believed he had done nothing wrong?

They broke into his house.

One time when I was a teenager, I was shot in the forearm at the California state Fair, it was a ricochet of a 22 round that bounced off a steel street lamp post.

At any rate...I had all kinds of brave friends with me at the time who all thought it would be cool to shoot someone who broke into their house. But when all of us heard the shot hat hit me, every single person I could see, in all directions, were running like Antelopes chased by Lions, including me.

Smart people run.

You really find out what people are made of when the chips are down, and it's usually the quiet ones (and I don't mean whimps) who step up, and the tough guys crumble just like he rest.

What? Are you saying that the ones who do the most talking about how they are going to shoot the enemy are the ones who are most likely to turn tail and run?
No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying what people think they will do doesn't neccesarilly resemble what they will do.

The fight or flight response isn't really voluntary, and the response is physiological not psychological. That's why armies and police need to be trained and drilled, to avoid the individualistic nature of the response.

That bunch of 120 or so Utah teachers who attended that gun industry class have a long way to go before they should be allowed to carry in a school. Some day some teacher is going to feel threatened by a student, then shoot them. And that would defeat the purpose

Some day some teacher is going to feel threatened by a student, then shoot them and be hailed as a hero.

Just as likely a scenario.

I'm a gun owner, a second amendment rights advocate, and I don't believe in any type of small arm weapons controls.

However...cops most everywhere know that 94% of Americans lack the balls to shoot an armed intruder. Most of the time they hide or flee.

It's a losing argument for our side of the gun control argument to use the concept that a armed citizens make all of us more safe. They're just not that brave on the average

I'm a gun owner and believe in the second amendment and agree completely with what you've written.

further, I believe it is utterly unAmerican that some are fighting for the RIGHT of criminals, illegal aliens and people who are on our terrorist list to be able to easily buy firearms on line and at gun shows.

More than 40% of all gun purchases are made at gun shows.

This past couple of weeks the criminals, illegal aliens and terrorists have been stocking up - all at the invitation of the radical right wing gun nuts.

You have evidence that a significant portion of gun sold recently were #1 sold at gun shows, and #2, sold to criminals, illegal aliens and terrorists?
LINK?

What you have is a talking point, an agenda and shit for brains.

The OP is an ancient email from about ten years ago.

Tony Martin was not sentenced to life.

Mr Martin's conviction for murder, in April 2000, caused a national outcry. It was reduced to manslaughter and the sentence cut to five years on appeal.

His release was delayed until the summer of 2003 because he refused to express any remorse over the death of Mr Barras.

'I don't regret shooting dead teenage burglar', says remorseless farmer Tony Martin | Mail Online

He served 3 years.

As for the burglars, one died. But the others involved served time:

January 10, 2000 - Mr Fearon and Darren Bark, 33, both from Newark, Nottinghamshire, admit to conspiring to burgle Bleak House. Mr Fearon is jailed for 3 years and Mr Bark is sentenced to 30 months.

Mr. Martin made out all right:

July 28, 2003 - Mr Martin is released from custody. He sells his story to the Daily Mirror for £100,000.

How interesting that the OP was based on untruths.

How many times have the police shown up in time to prevent crime?

Since when are the police called before a crime is committed?

What a dumb thing to say.

"Citations" have been posted repeatedly - more guns are not an answer unless you want more gun deaths.

Link?

We don't do much here at USMB, but we sure do demolish the odds when it comes to politically conservative people having their homes broken into and thwarting violent crimes.

What are you saying, son?
Instance like those I related don't become part of the statistics because they usually go unreported.
I would bet that there are 10 or 20,000 instances/year where firearms prevent a violent crime without a shot being fired.

Instance like those I related don't become part of the statistics because they usually go unreported.
I would bet that there are 10 or 20,000 instances/year where firearms prevent a violent crime without a shot being fired.

What I am saying, boy, is that you are full of shit.

Like I said above, no shots were fired and both instances went unreported.
You can call me what you want, but is there some reason anyone would believe you?

Like I said above, no shots were fired and both instances went unreported.
You can call me what you want, but is there some reason anyone would believe you?

You lie like most people breathe.

Forum List

Back