Jumi Bello was on track to be a major writer...until it was revealed that she plagiarized her debut novel...then plagiarized the apology

this story is so much deeper and crazier than its moment in The Discourse gave credit for...though i've been known to steal a joke or two from late night comics here and there lol

This saga is way deeper and crazier than its moment in The Discourse would seem...though i've been known to be inspired by a joke or two from late night comics from time to time lol

^^^ this is what she did. She thought that re-editing someone else's writing made it her own. That she stole her apology from a plagiarism website is even more brazen. Blaming pressure of being a first time author is weak sauce. I am sure there are people out there who will still hire her, but I doubt it will be anyone of substance.

She's black and female although black is the greater of the two.....she'll get away with whatever she does.

this story is so much deeper and crazier than its moment in The Discourse gave credit for...though i've been known to steal a joke or two from late night comics here and there lol

Any chance you can provide a link to something which doesn't require one to sign up?

She's black and female although black is the greater of the two.....she'll get away with whatever she does.

In most instances (and this would not be one of them) plagiarism isn't illegal in the United States.

She'll likely never get another publisher or agent.

What, exactly, would she be getting away with?

Her story reminds me of this:

1658603615485.png

In most instances (and this would not be one of them) plagiarism isn't illegal in the United States.

She'll likely never get another publisher or agent.

What, exactly, would she be getting away with?

Theft of another persons intellectual property for one.

Let's tell it as it is (gently, of course).

No one (no one!) dares to question whether a great book -- fiction or non-fiction -- was actually written by an author with that background.

People are so invested in seeing them succeed that they always give them the benefit of the doubt.

That's right TheParser You can get canned in College/university.

If a student plagiarizes their work, they can be liable to suspension, academic penalties, expulsion from the institution, fines, and incarceration in extreme plagiarism cases.
i
You can lose your job. For saying it is not illegal it can result in a lawsuit. It is certainly frowned upon and this woman will get another job and they won't care that she is a thief, they don't care that she is damaged goods, they don't care about any of that....she'll go to work for the left and they'll still pay her handsomely.

Last edited:
also behind paywall...though i'm a subscriber myself

That's right TheParser You can get canned in College/university.
You can lose your job. For sayng it is not illegal it can result in a lawsuit. It is certainly frowned upon and this woman will get another job and they won't care that she is a thief, they don't care that she is damaged goods, they don't care about any of that....she'll go to work for the left and they'll still pay her handsomely.
Hell USMB isn't above that fray. Paul Esssien was stone cold busted plagiarizing... And mods went to bat for him. He tucked tail, and disappeared for months before coming back; but still...

Nobody bitched all that much when Obumbler stole Deval Patrick’s words for the famous rhetorical “just words” moment.

Don’t tell me words don’t matter.

I have a dream – Just words?

We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal – Just words?

We have nothing to fear but fear itself – Just words? Just speeches?

It’s true that speeches don’t solve all problems.

But what is also true is that if we can’t inspire our country to believe again, then it doesn’t matter how many policies and plans we have, and that is why I’m running for president of the United States of America.

And that’s why we just won 8 elections straight because the American people want to believe in change again.

Don’t tell me words don’t matter!

— Barack Obumbler — and a wee tad tiny bit of plagiarism. Just words.

oh my bad then

Forum List

Back