Julio - the surprise.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Big Black Dog, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    Well, my wife has been in Texas with a couple of her long-time female buddies at some sort of a knitting retreat they meet up at every year in mid-October. Before she left, she fixed me lots of goodies to eat that all I would have to do is pop into the microwave. She left me with some simple wifely instructions like "stay out of trouble, if you can." Well, for the most part I have. I've been out to eat three times, bought a new photo printer for my computer, and just today I obtained "Julio". Julio is a 10 week old Chihuahua and I figure he will fit in pretty well with the two house beagles and the 5 outdoor cats. I think my wife is going to be surprised at how well I have done in keeping out of trouble while she's been gone. I pick her up at the airport on Sunday evening so that leaves only tomorrow for fun. Sunday morning I will clean up the house a bit and shave. Julio is at the vet's right now getting worked over, shots, a bath, and whatever else he might need. I figure right now he has only cost me about $50.00 an ounce. Yep. The wife will be surprised.:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It took me 10 minutes to recover from the 'knitting retreat'. That kind of thing scares the shit out of me.

Congrats on the puppy though. That's v cool.... even if it is a girly dog.

3. Big Black Dog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    The wife's been wanting one and hasn't had the courage to get one. She's a big Julio Iglesias fan so that's the name I hung on him.

4. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Conhog rule - If it weighs less than 20 lbs full grown, it's not REALLY a dog. :D

5. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    How exactly did that Mexican doggie get here, BBD? Were there no American purse doggies you could have employed?

*Fake frowny look*

6. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Anything that poops needs to be discussed and mutually agreed upon beforehand before being added to the household.

7. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    I got a nasty little Jack Russel in my neighborhood that would disagree with you.

Damned ankle biter.

8. Big Black Dog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    On most days I would agree with you. We're no stranger to dogs here at my house. We used to have a professional kennel and bred and field trialed AKC beagles for 18 years. At one time we had as any as 45 full grown beagles that we worked with every day. After the wife had a bad auto accident 3 years ago, and some cardiac surgery on my part, we sold all the beagles (except for the two house beagles) and closed the kennel down. In this part of the woods we were pretty well-known for our fine-quality beagles. Julio will come as a surprise to the wife when she gets back from Texas on Sunday but a good one. She has been wanting to get a Chihuahua for several years now but for one reason or another hasn't done it. 99 out of 100 times I would say your sound advice would be very well to heed but in this case it's no real problem.

9. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    As I'm reading this thread I have an utter and total sense of deja vu. Weird.

BBD, pics or it didn't happen.

10. Big Black Dog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    [​IMG]

Introducing Julio, the big surprise. I have to listen carefully to what he says because he barks in Spanish.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1