Julian Assange, info terrorist or government transparency hero?

Julian Assange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of mixed emotions about Assange/WikiLeaks. I read the entire link above & have formed an opinion. I would be interested in hearing your opinions about Assange & WikiLeaks.

He is not a Terrorist, He is however someone who Committed Espionage against the US, and should be treated as Such. What we gained by having light shed on some bad Practices by our own Government, was totally eclipsed by the Damage he did, and Lives he put in danger, by the way he went about it.

A lot of mixed emotions about Assange/WikiLeaks. I read the entire link above & have formed an opinion. I would be interested in hearing your opinions about Assange & WikiLeaks.

He is not a Terrorist, He is however someone who Committed Espionage against the US, and should be treated as Such. What we gained by having light shed on some bad Practices by our own Government, was totally eclipsed by the Damage he did, and Lives he put in danger, by the way he went about it.

What damage..????.Havent heard a word..........

Future martyr. Nothing will be gained by shutting him up, quite the contrary, but it will not prevent him from one day soon dying by the hands of the US government.

Seriously? he exposed Methods, Relationships, Operations, and a lot of what we did and did not know.

It's pretty simple to deduce his Leaks did Major Damage to our Intelligence Gathering Capabilities, and Ability to get certain Parties to work with us in the world.

It Could have been handled differently, he could have taken only those Documents that exposed some Stupid shit we were doing, and Redacted the Thousands of UN-related Documents that only Served to Expose our Secrets, methods, Assets, and Relationships. He was less worried about letting Americans know what their Government was doing, than he was interested in Doing the US Harm.

Last edited:

Seriously? he exposed Methods, Relationships, Operations, and a lot of what we did and did not know.

It's pretty simple to deduce his Leaks did Major Damage to our Intelligence Gathering Capabilities, and Ability to get certain Parties to work with us in the world.

It Could have been handled differently, he could have taken only those Documents that exposed some Stupid shit we were doing, and Redacted the Thousands of UN-related Documents that only Served to Expose our Secrets, methods, Assets, and Relationships. He was less worried about letting Americans know what their Government was doing, than he was interested in Doing the US Harm.

"Our" intelligence gathering capabilities ? Do you mean the USA or all of the worlds spies ?

They will burn in hell along with you.

So you asswipes think it's "Cool" to steal classified information then leak it to the world. Information that is within the US Government and some of it between the US and other countries.

I bet you would like people to steal your personal information and share it here, eh? :eusa_whistle: Credit card numbers, credit report, arrest record, sexual escapades, bed-wetting stories, school yard beatdowns, failed school courses, etc.

Hero. Bradley Manning is as well.

I havent heard those things......... I have heard how he embarrassed the government.

I say let the guy walk....... We formed this union for common defense not world domination.....

So you asswipes think it's "Cool" to steal classified information then leak it to the world. Information that is within the US Government and some of it between the US and other countries.

I bet you would like people to steal your personal information and share it here, eh? :eusa_whistle: Credit card numbers, credit report, arrest record, sexual escapades, bed-wetting stories, school yard beatdowns, failed school courses, etc.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

That Private Manning should get a bullet in the head to show his followers how cool and funny he was to the US Government.

He used the trust of the US Government to steal information intended to stay classified for numerous reasons. Since he is fucked up in the head over being gay, he thought he could be famous by acting out against "the man" with his stunt.

He and this Assange piece of shit need to die a horrible death at the hands of the US Government.

If you were not a peon, your life could be ruined for good if the Feds wanted to mess it up.

Our govt swipes that shit from us all the time. Who are you kidding ?

The trust of the government. That would be the same US government that murdered 100's of thousands Iraqi and Afghan civilians,murdered at least 2 U.S. citizens,has now got drones over U.S. skies,pass the NDAA that allows indefinite detention with out lawyer,trial etc for American citizens...oh yes that awesome government...damn we should all trust them! I know I sleep better knowing we have the drones overhead of us and the NDAA to keep us folks safe.

If you were not a peon, your life could be ruined for good if the Feds wanted to mess it up.

The republican feds or the democrat feds ?

I havent heard those things......... I have heard how he embarrassed the government.

I say let the guy walk....... We formed this union for common defense not world domination.....
Not so fast, please. You really need to read this:

Quote:
Lieutenant Colonel Paul Almanza, the investigating officer, “concluded that the charges and specifications are in the proper form and that reasonable grounds exist to believe that the accused committed the offenses alleged,” the US Army Military District of Washington said in a statement. “He recommended that the charges be referred to a general court-martial.” The charges include aiding the enemy, wrongfully causing intelligence to be published on the Internet knowing it is accessible to the enemy, theft of public property or records, transmitting defense information and computer fraud. If convicted, Manning, an army private before the WikiLeaks furor erupted, could be sentenced to life in prison for what authorities have described as one of the most serious intelligence breaches in US history.

The recommendation followed a seven-day pre-trial hearing last month presided over by Almanza to determine if there was sufficient evidence to try the 24-year-old private from Oklahoma. Defense attorneys said in the conclusion of those proceedings that the charges should be reduced. However, Almanza recommended that he be referred to a military court for trial on all 22 counts against him. Manning is accused of giving WikiLeaks a massive trove of US military reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, 260,000 classified US Department of State cables, Guantanamo detainee assessments and videos of US air strikes. Trained on various intelligence systems, Manning served in Iraq from November 2009 until his arrest the following May. The anti-secrecy Web site began releasing the military documents in July 2010. It dumped the entire archive of diplomatic documents in September last year, causing huge embarrassment to Washington.

Army investigators told last month’s hearing that contact information for WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange, military reports, cables and other classified material had been found on computers and storage devices used by Manning. “We’re disappointed, but by no means surprised,” said Jeff Patterson, a leader of a support network backing Manning. “The investigating officer showed no concern for the conflict of interest caused by his dual employment with the justice department, or the taint of bias arising from his commander-in-chief, [US] President Barack Obama, who publicly declared Manning to be guilty long before he ever had his day in court.” In his closing statement in the pre-trial hearing, Manning’s civilian defense attorney, David Coombs, said the government “overcharged in this case,” and he urged Almanza to reduce the charges to just three counts that would carry a total of 30 years in prison.

Court-martial recommended for Manning - Taipei Times

There's more, Full-Auto, but it's classified. The word on the street is we no longer have any contacts in Afghanistan because terrorists got the info and did away with the people Assange and WikiLeaks provided them. I wish it were any other way.

Forum List

Back