Julian Assange, info terrorist or government transparency hero?

Yeah, the Feds know about your Brad Pitt blow up doll under your bed. :eusa_whistle:

You are just that interesting our of 300 million people. :cuckoo:

They will burn in hell along with you.
So you asswipes think it's "Cool" to steal classified information then leak it to the world. Information that is within the US Government and some of it between the US and other countries.

I bet you would like people to steal your personal information and share it here, eh? :eusa_whistle: Credit card numbers, credit report, arrest record, sexual escapades, bed-wetting stories, school yard beatdowns, failed school courses, etc.

Hero. Bradley Manning is as well.

Our govt swipes that shit from us all the time. Who are you kidding ?

Seriously? he exposed Methods, Relationships, Operations, and a lot of what we did and did not know.

It's pretty simple to deduce his Leaks did Major Damage to our Intelligence Gathering Capabilities, and Ability to get certain Parties to work with us in the world.

It Could have been handled differently, he could have taken only those Documents that exposed some Stupid shit we were doing, and Redacted the Thousands of UN-related Documents that only Served to Expose our Secrets, methods, Assets, and Relationships. He was less worried about letting Americans know what their Government was doing, than he was interested in Doing the US Harm.

I havent heard those things......... I have heard how he embarrassed the government.

I say let the guy walk....... We formed this union for common defense not world domination.....
Not so fast, please. You really need to read this:

Quote:
Lieutenant Colonel Paul Almanza, the investigating officer, “concluded that the charges and specifications are in the proper form and that reasonable grounds exist to believe that the accused committed the offenses alleged,” the US Army Military District of Washington said in a statement. “He recommended that the charges be referred to a general court-martial.” The charges include aiding the enemy, wrongfully causing intelligence to be published on the Internet knowing it is accessible to the enemy, theft of public property or records, transmitting defense information and computer fraud. If convicted, Manning, an army private before the WikiLeaks furor erupted, could be sentenced to life in prison for what authorities have described as one of the most serious intelligence breaches in US history.

The recommendation followed a seven-day pre-trial hearing last month presided over by Almanza to determine if there was sufficient evidence to try the 24-year-old private from Oklahoma. Defense attorneys said in the conclusion of those proceedings that the charges should be reduced. However, Almanza recommended that he be referred to a military court for trial on all 22 counts against him. Manning is accused of giving WikiLeaks a massive trove of US military reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, 260,000 classified US Department of State cables, Guantanamo detainee assessments and videos of US air strikes. Trained on various intelligence systems, Manning served in Iraq from November 2009 until his arrest the following May. The anti-secrecy Web site began releasing the military documents in July 2010. It dumped the entire archive of diplomatic documents in September last year, causing huge embarrassment to Washington.

Army investigators told last month’s hearing that contact information for WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange, military reports, cables and other classified material had been found on computers and storage devices used by Manning. “We’re disappointed, but by no means surprised,” said Jeff Patterson, a leader of a support network backing Manning. “The investigating officer showed no concern for the conflict of interest caused by his dual employment with the justice department, or the taint of bias arising from his commander-in-chief, [US] President Barack Obama, who publicly declared Manning to be guilty long before he ever had his day in court.” In his closing statement in the pre-trial hearing, Manning’s civilian defense attorney, David Coombs, said the government “overcharged in this case,” and he urged Almanza to reduce the charges to just three counts that would carry a total of 30 years in prison.

Court-martial recommended for Manning - Taipei Times

There's more, Full-Auto, but it's classified. The word on the street is we no longer have any contacts in Afghanistan because terrorists got the info and did away with the people Assange and WikiLeaks provided them. I wish it were any other way.

The Private gets burned. No way around it. However my comment was for the founder of the site.

:cuckoo::tinfoil::blahblah:

The trust of the government. That would be the same US government that murdered 100's of thousands Iraqi and Afghan civilians,murdered at least 2 U.S. citizens,has now got drones over U.S. skies,pass the NDAA that allows indefinite detention with out lawyer,trial etc for American citizens...oh yes that awesome government...damn we should all trust them! I know I sleep better knowing we have the drones overhead of us and the NDAA to keep us folks safe.

Yeah, the Feds know about your Brad Pitt blow up doll under your bed. :eusa_whistle:

You are just that interesting our of 300 million people. :cuckoo:

They will burn in hell along with you.
So you asswipes think it's "Cool" to steal classified information then leak it to the world. Information that is within the US Government and some of it between the US and other countries.

I bet you would like people to steal your personal information and share it here, eh? :eusa_whistle: Credit card numbers, credit report, arrest record, sexual escapades, bed-wetting stories, school yard beatdowns, failed school courses, etc.

Our govt swipes that shit from us all the time. Who are you kidding ?

If they want it they can do the same thing Assange did---and legally.

I havent heard those things......... I have heard how he embarrassed the government.

I say let the guy walk....... We formed this union for common defense not world domination.....

Quote:
Lieutenant Colonel Paul Almanza, the investigating officer, “concluded that the charges and specifications are in the proper form and that reasonable grounds exist to believe that the accused committed the offenses alleged,” the US Army Military District of Washington said in a statement. “He recommended that the charges be referred to a general court-martial.” The charges include aiding the enemy, wrongfully causing intelligence to be published on the Internet knowing it is accessible to the enemy, theft of public property or records, transmitting defense information and computer fraud. If convicted, Manning, an army private before the WikiLeaks furor erupted, could be sentenced to life in prison for what authorities have described as one of the most serious intelligence breaches in US history.

The recommendation followed a seven-day pre-trial hearing last month presided over by Almanza to determine if there was sufficient evidence to try the 24-year-old private from Oklahoma. Defense attorneys said in the conclusion of those proceedings that the charges should be reduced. However, Almanza recommended that he be referred to a military court for trial on all 22 counts against him. Manning is accused of giving WikiLeaks a massive trove of US military reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, 260,000 classified US Department of State cables, Guantanamo detainee assessments and videos of US air strikes. Trained on various intelligence systems, Manning served in Iraq from November 2009 until his arrest the following May. The anti-secrecy Web site began releasing the military documents in July 2010. It dumped the entire archive of diplomatic documents in September last year, causing huge embarrassment to Washington.

Army investigators told last month’s hearing that contact information for WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange, military reports, cables and other classified material had been found on computers and storage devices used by Manning. “We’re disappointed, but by no means surprised,” said Jeff Patterson, a leader of a support network backing Manning. “The investigating officer showed no concern for the conflict of interest caused by his dual employment with the justice department, or the taint of bias arising from his commander-in-chief, [US] President Barack Obama, who publicly declared Manning to be guilty long before he ever had his day in court.” In his closing statement in the pre-trial hearing, Manning’s civilian defense attorney, David Coombs, said the government “overcharged in this case,” and he urged Almanza to reduce the charges to just three counts that would carry a total of 30 years in prison.

There's more, Full-Auto, but it's classified. The word on the street is we no longer have any contacts in Afghanistan because terrorists got the info and did away with the people Assange and WikiLeaks provided them. I wish it were any other way.

The Private gets burned. No way around it. However my comment was for the founder of the site.
Assange murdered those classified informants he released to terrorists as if he had held the gun to their heads himself.

Sorry, Assange is the biggest heiney on this planet. And he's a serial rapist. There is positively nothing remotely redeemable in his corrupt communist character, and you can take that to the bank.

Quote:

Assange murdered those classified informants he released to terrorists as if he had held the gun to their heads himself.

Sorry, Assange is the biggest heiney on this planet. And he's a serial rapist. There is positively nothing remotely redeemable in his corrupt communist character, and you can take that to the bank.

SPIES WERE KILLED......That is the world I grew up in.

I lean towards appreciating his efforts, but then I change my mind...

At any rate, I certainly disagree with any attempt to apprehend him during his time at the Ecuadorian embassy, or peaceful transfer from there.

As usual, people with no security clearance and no access to the inside of the Federal Government "always know" the Feds are spying on THEM.

As if people working in the Government will take their time to worry about these nutjobs. Well, if you are a nutjob talking about attacking the Federal Government, then yes they will find you.

Here is a secret....there are people in the DoJ/FBI that are all about arresting people that violate Federal law that protects Americans from being spied on without proper court clearances/warrants. So those people that gather "stuff" on bad guys don't want to lose their job and don't want to go to jail.

So you are not special and nobody is spying on you unless there is a good reason why they are spying on you i.e. you make threats against the US Government.

As usual, people with no security clearance and no access to the inside of the Federal Government "always know" the Feds are spying on THEM.

As if people working in the Government will take their time to worry about these nutjobs. Well, if you are a nutjob talking about attacking the Federal Government, then yes they will find you.

Here is a secret....there are people in the DoJ/FBI that are all about arresting people that violate Federal law that protects Americans from being spied on without proper court clearances/warrants. So those people that gather "stuff" on bad guys don't want to lose their job and don't want to go to jail.

So you are not special and nobody is spying on you unless there is a good reason why they are spying on you i.e. you make threats against the US Government.

Oh thank you----I'm sure you are a totally trustworthy person who knows all.

I'm sure your Brad Pitt blow-up doll is happy your secret relationship is secret, unless you catch the FBI's eye being some eco-terrorist/OWS goon.....which I bet is in your DNA.

Oh thank you----I'm sure you are a totally trustworthy person who knows all.

The trust of the government. That would be the same US government that murdered 100's of thousands Iraqi and Afghan civilians,murdered at least 2 U.S. citizens,has now got drones over U.S. skies,pass the NDAA that allows indefinite detention with out lawyer,trial etc for American citizens...oh yes that awesome government...damn we should all trust them! I know I sleep better knowing we have the drones overhead of us and the NDAA to keep us folks safe.

Bout what I expected from someone with their head up their ass who gets their news from faux news channel. All of that above I can prove shit for brains.

By what authority or right does Julian Assange get to decide what government secrets should be reveled not just this government but any governments? While I do support transparency in government I only support it to a certain point and I would never support a none citizen with no authority revealing government secrets to me that is no different than someone digging into any of our lives and revealing the private details without our permission.

Oh yes, the ignorant piece of shit falls back on the "Fox News" angle.

Dumbfuck, I know stuff Private Manning would never get close to inside the Government. He is a nobody compared to me, just like you.

Mouth-breathers don't know you asshole from your mouth.

Bout what I expected from someone with their head up their ass who gets their news from faux news channel. All of that above I can prove shit for brains.

By what authority or right does Julian Assange get to decide what government secrets should be reveled not just this government but any governments? While I do support transparency in government I only support it to a certain point and I would never support a none citizen with no authority revealing government secrets to me that is no different than someone digging into any of our lives and revealing the private details without our permission.

So how would you choose who decides what information the government can keep secret and what information the citizens have a right to know ?

That is too much intelligence and common sense for the paranoid idiots that believe the Government is out to get them or trying to destroy the planet.

People in the US Government, idiot.

For something to be classified it needs to damage the US, its interests or allies if made public and it can't cover up criminal activity.

So dumbfuck, when the State Department believes comments to us in "private" made by another country about another country meets the SECRET level, then dumbfucks like you don't have the right to know about it unless your job requires it.

So how would you choose who decides what information the government can keep secret and what information the citizens have a right to know ?

You know what sometimes you have to trust the government to decide that I know that is difficult and a huge leap of faith but what's the alternative just letting anyone and everyone decide that using there own personal standards to decide what is the citizens right to know? If that is the road we go down what is the point of having classified information or privacy at all?

Whatever it started out as the he crossed the line: Enemy of the state.

You are an enemy of the state if you show that the state is committing criminal acts ?

In a court of law, no, you are not an enemy of the state for showing criminal acts. Data dumping clasified information is a 'no-no'. What next will he decide needs to be shared next? Sorry, there is a line between 'responsible citizen' and 'criminal acts' and he is way over that line.

Forum List

Back