Judge Throws Out Another nunes Lawsuit

Nunes will appeal...and win :banana:

Just another leftist judge that president Trump will replace!

Hey Rusky: Trump cannot "replace" judges. Federal judges are appointed for life. Trump cannot fire or replace them. If you were a real American, you would know that.

An Obama judge ....
Seems they all still report to the old Boss.

Jo

Yes but, the judge was appointed by GW Bush. o_O Seems that the main problems were some deficiency in his legal argument. Let's wait and see if Nunes can appeal.

Lots of deficiencies. "Nunes’ complaint 'includes many rote statements of law and conclusory allegations which fall short of meeting' a legal standards determined by the Supreme Court,” O’Grady wrote." The judge dismissed the case without even hearing oral arguments.

Nunes in September filed the lawsuit alleging Fusion GPS and Campaign for Accountability engaged in a “joint and systematic effort to intimidate, harass, threaten, influence, interfere with, impede, and ultimately to derail” his work as House Intelligence Committee chairman. Nunes used that position to investigate the origins of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into foreign interference with the 2016 election.

Like Trump, Nunes is a litigious asshole who is attacking anyone who criticizes him or publishes the truth about him. He sued a local farmer who publically objected to Nunes calling himself a "farmer" on his campaign information. Nunes withdrew that suit on his own volition, which as proof positive that he is lying about being a farmer, and can't prove his claims.

This is the one against Fusion GPS that the far right radical extremists were all excited about when it was first filed.

I guess they aren't too excited that it ended up the same way most of these frivolous lawsuits end up.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article240539771.html
Actually, it’s not far right extremists – radical or otherwise.

This nonsense is part and parcel of fundamental rightwing dogma.

And yes, these lawsuits are as frivolous as the ‘investigations’ conducted by House Republicans.

Interesting... who is this Judge? Do you know him/her? What makes you think they are a Leftist?

Lots of deficiencies. "Nunes’ complaint 'includes many rote statements of law and conclusory allegations which fall short of meeting' a legal standards determined by the Supreme Court,” O’Grady wrote."

That's one deficiency. Ever occur to you that the judge was really just seeing weaknesses in the case structure making it vulnerable to its defendants and rejected it so that Nunes could go back and redo it better so that it stands up better against Fusion?

Lots of deficiencies. "Nunes’ complaint 'includes many rote statements of law and conclusory allegations which fall short of meeting' a legal standards determined by the Supreme Court,” O’Grady wrote."

That's one deficiency. Ever occur to you that the judge was really just seeing weaknesses in the case structure making it vulnerable to its defendants and rejected it so that Nunes could go back and redo it better so that it stands up better against Fusion?
I agree. I think the judge saw how awesome and important a case it was so he/she dismissed it to help Nunes do better. Thanks for that sliver of genius insight

This is the one against Fusion GPS that the far right radical extremists were all excited about when it was first filed.

I guess they aren't too excited that it ended up the same way most of these frivolous lawsuits end up.

In the Trumpian age, these lawsuits are not designed to go anywhere. They are filed as a propaganda tool.
100%
Yep. The AM radio set made hay out of this filing. How many of them are talking about how it was tossed? 0%, give or take 0%.

An Obama judge ....
Seems they all still report to the old Boss.

Jo

Yes but, the judge was appointed by GW Bush. o_O Seems that the main problems were some deficiency in his legal argument. Let's wait and see if Nunes can appeal.

Lots of deficiencies. "Nunes’ complaint 'includes many rote statements of law and conclusory allegations which fall short of meeting' a legal standards determined by the Supreme Court,” O’Grady wrote." The judge dismissed the case without even hearing oral arguments.

Nunes in September filed the lawsuit alleging Fusion GPS and Campaign for Accountability engaged in a “joint and systematic effort to intimidate, harass, threaten, influence, interfere with, impede, and ultimately to derail” his work as House Intelligence Committee chairman. Nunes used that position to investigate the origins of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into foreign interference with the 2016 election.

Like Trump, Nunes is a litigious asshole who is attacking anyone who criticizes him or publishes the truth about him. He sued a local farmer who publically objected to Nunes calling himself a "farmer" on his campaign information. Nunes withdrew that suit on his own volition, which as proof positive that he is lying about being a farmer, and can't prove his claims.

Actually, it’s not far right extremists – radical or otherwise.

This nonsense is part and parcel of fundamental rightwing dogma.

And yes, these lawsuits are as frivolous as the ‘investigations’ conducted by House Republicans.

Hmm....after reviewing the info the lawsuit appears to have been ill advised. It's a sticks and stones kerfluffle that no judge should have to waste his time with. I wouldn't say the same for the impending Nunes V WAPO litigation however. That one has some legs I think.

Jo

I didn't even consider such a thing for a second.

It is not the role or function of the judge to instruct the plaintiff on the deficiencies of his/her filings. That's what law school is for. It is the function of the judge to rule on the validity of the arguments, and whether or not the plaintiff has a case. Furthermore, there was nothing instructive in the ruling. All it says is in plain speak "You don't have a basis for a case here. We're done!"

I didn't even consider such a thing for a second.

It is not the role or function of the judge to instruct the plaintiff on the deficiencies of his/her filings. That's what law school is for. It is the function of the judge to rule on the validity of the arguments, and whether or not the plaintiff has a case. Furthermore, there was nothing instructive in the ruling. All it says is in plain speak "You don't have a basis for a case here. We're done!"

You speak of theory, I speak of practice. Judges are human. I used to teach/tutor logic (Boolean algebra) and various other things to people. Its rather common to be handed a flawed argument and give it back to the person pointing out its holes so that the student can go back and correct it. In fact, that is the very best way to learn. Not saying that's the case here or was INTENTIONAL, but either way, the judge did Nunes a favor because there is nothing stopping Nunes now from correcting the deficiencies and resubmitting the suit.

Forum List

Back