Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

They can object, but just like their fight to keep Segregation alive, Alabama will be on the wrong side of history.
If gay people were fighting for the chance to go to school, Justice Moore would jump at the chance to stand in the doorway and block their entrance.
They never learn, you have to drag them kicking and screaming into the future...
CentralHigh1_f.jpg

He is one judge trying to block the law - the definition of an activist judge. It's not his first go 'round with judicial activism either.

He will get slapped down - AGAIN. I just hope he doesn't hurt too many innocent victims in the process.
NO, the law is clear. Defining marriage is a power left to the states. The Federal gov't has no power in this area.
If if has no power then just what exactly is Loving v Virginia, a TV script?

LOL - of course the feds have a well-established role in protecting civil rights.

Anyone who aligns with Judge Moore has a far right reactionary anti-American agenda.

They can object, but just like their fight to keep Segregation alive, Alabama will be on the wrong side of history.
If gay people were fighting for the chance to go to school, Justice Moore would jump at the chance to stand in the doorway and block their entrance.
They never learn, you have to drag them kicking and screaming into the future...
CentralHigh1_f.jpg
That picture always cracks me up. WHO dressed those people? :rofl:

CentralHigh1_f.jpg
That picture always cracks me up. WHO dressed those people? :rofl:
All 3 men at the forefront look like Joe Paterno :rofl:

I'm surprised this isn't blowing up all over the web. It's such a hot topic, whether you agree or disagree. In Alabama, a same-sex marriage fight is upon us. Last month, a federal judge struck down the state's law against the unions. But Sunday night, "in a dramatic show of defiance toward the federal judiciary, Chief JusticeRoy S. Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court ordered the state’s probate judges not to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on Monday, the day same-sex marriages were expected to begin."

The Phantom Diaries Alabama Objects to Gay Marriage
I don't think it's being discussed much because not a single person in the world is surprised that Alabama, the butthole of America, is on the wrong side of history yet again.

And when blacks and Hispanics voted no to gay marriage in California? I mean come on I could see that happening in Alabama but how do you explain that in California the liberal freak show state in the union.

I'm surprised this isn't blowing up all over the web. It's such a hot topic, whether you agree or disagree. In Alabama, a same-sex marriage fight is upon us. Last month, a federal judge struck down the state's law against the unions. But Sunday night, "in a dramatic show of defiance toward the federal judiciary, Chief JusticeRoy S. Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court ordered the state’s probate judges not to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on Monday, the day same-sex marriages were expected to begin."

I don't think it's being discussed much because not a single person in the world is surprised that Alabama, the butthole of America, is on the wrong side of history yet again.

And when blacks and Hispanics voted no to gay marriage in California? I mean come on I could see that happening in Alabama but how do you explain that in California the liberal freak show state in the union.
Are you saying ALL black and hispanic voters voted for Prop H8?

He is one judge trying to block the law - the definition of an activist judge. It's not his first go 'round with judicial activism either.

He will get slapped down - AGAIN. I just hope he doesn't hurt too many innocent victims in the process.
NO, the law is clear. Defining marriage is a power left to the states. The Federal gov't has no power in this area.

LOL - of course the feds have a well-established role in protecting civil rights.
No civil rights issue. Homosexuals are not a protected class under federal law.
Try again.

The victims are the 80% majority of Alabama people who voted for an amendment to their constitution to prohibit same sex marriage.

The victims are the 80% majority of Alabama people who voted for an amendment to their constitution to prohibit same sex marriage.
They don't get a vote, and never should have been allowed to.

No civil rights issue. Homosexuals are not a protected class under federal law.
Try again.
Correct. Its not a 14th Amendment issue. Only the 9th and 10th Amendments apply. Moore knows this.

Why not? Be specific.

Why not? Be specific.
Because we don't have mob rule here. If we did you nuts would outlaw Islam, and the Catholics more than likely.

Are you saying ALL black and hispanic voters voted for Prop H8?

Are you deflecting? I think we know the answer no need to respond.

If it has no power then just what exactly is Loving v Virginia, a TV script?
Loving vs Virginia was about race only. Chief Justice Earl Warren affirmed it in his ruling.

Why not? Be specific.
Because we don't have mob rule here. If we did you nuts would outlaw Islam, and the Catholics more than likely.
So you want to strip the citizens of their right to vote?

Good for him. We need more men with guts to stand against federal tyranny.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

Ignorance isn't exclusive to the deep south. It's just more prevalent.

Forum List

Back