Judge dismisses Berg suit

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Oct 25, 3:37 PM (ET)

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.

U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick on Friday night rejected the suit by attorney Philip J. Berg, who alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen and therefore ineligible for the presidency. Berg claimed that Obama is either a citizen of his father's native Kenya or became a citizen of Indonesia after he moved there as a boy.

Obama was born in Hawaii to an American mother and a Kenyan father. His parents divorced and his mother married an Indonesian man.

Internet-fueled conspiracy theories question whether Obama is a "natural-born citizen" as required by the Constitution for a presidential candidate and whether he lost his citizenship while living abroad.

Surrick ruled that Berg lacked standing to bring the case, saying any harm from an allegedly ineligible candidate was "too vague and its effects too attenuated to confer standing on any and all voters."

My Way News - Judge tosses lawsuit challenging Obama citizenship

'bout time... I hope the judge hit him with the costs of the litigation, including obama's attorneys.

They did not dismiss it for lack of evidence Jillian. the excuse given is bullshit. WE do have standing to challange someone for the Presidency as CITIZENS. If he had no case no problem but this just encourages the claim he was right.

This is total bullshit. AS mentioned, Fact Check checked the original.

What meager mindless meatheads meandering through meaningless mindboggling STUPIDITY.

How do we know that McCain did not have a double substituted for him when he was a POW? Where's the fucking proof?

That is about as valid as Bergs bullshit.

They did not dismiss it for lack of evidence Jillian. the excuse given is bullshit. WE do have standing to challange someone for the Presidency as CITIZENS. If he had no case no problem but this just encourages the claim he was right.

Really? What exactly gives you that standing?

http://cdn.factcheck.org/imagefiles...ma Birth Certificate/BO Birth Certificate.jpg

Maybe he's a fucking alien from space. Assholes.

obama-1.jpg

I wonder what they paid the judge? Or perhaps they threatened him. Either way, we'll never know. The two major parties are truly above the law.

I wonder what they paid the judge? Or perhaps they threatened him. Either way, we'll never know. The two major parties are truly above the law.

Yeah, thats it. Someone paid the judge. Just like a big black guy carved a B into that girls face:cuckoo:

If he does good for this country, I don't care if he's from Neptune. If he does bad, I don't care if he's from Texas.

Yeah, thats it. Someone paid the judge. Just like a big black guy carved a B into that girls face:cuckoo:

No I suspect he was threatened by the Government to drop the case. It is a simple concept, Hawaii claims he has a valid birth certificate, why wasn't it delivered to the Court?

The one we have a copy of does not match the HISTORICAL form on record for that State. Pretty simple concept really.

As for McCain he was born on a Military base making him a natural born citizen. Further the Panama Canal was a US territory at the time ensuring it beyond reproach. This was covered in the 60's when Humphrey ran for President.

Ohh really? As a voter I have a right under the Constitution to see that the election is proper. Or are you claiming we the people have no rights to ensure the Constitution is enforced?

Through the judicial system? Correct. You don't get to sue just because you don't like something, there are procedures in place for who has standing. Berg clearly did not have standing.

No I suspect he was threatened by the Government to drop the case.

Or maybe the illuminati! Do tell exactly what "the government" threatened the judge with. And do explain why the very REPUBLICAN government would threaten the judge.

It is a simple concept, Hawaii claims he has a valid birth certificate, why wasn't it delivered to the Court?

Because Obama doesn't need to prove something to someone who has no standing to sue. That is also a simple concept, but one apparently the rightwing nutjobs can't comprehend.

Through the judicial system? Correct. You don't get to sue just because you don't like something, there are procedures in place for who has standing. Berg clearly did not have standing.

Or maybe the illuminati! Do tell exactly what "the government" threatened the judge with. And do explain why the very REPUBLICAN government would threaten the judge.

Because Obama doesn't need to prove something to someone who has no standing to sue. That is also a simple concept, but one apparently the rightwing nutjobs can't comprehend.

Wrong again. The public has a right to know if the candidate for Public office meets the requirements of the office. Claiming I have no standing as a citizen AND a registered voter is bullshit, using that standard NO ONE has standing at all so why even have the law?

You are fucking stupid bitch, as usual. Already stated that the State says he has a valid birth certificate. However his failure to SHOW it to the Court fuels the question WHY? If it is valid why would it not be provided to a federal Judge?

Further why would the Judge allow the case to continue until AFTER the Obama camp refused to provide any information and THEN suddenly rule no standing?

But do dredge up some other irrelevant thing to say you stupid moron. Prove to us all your IQ is about 40.

That's a foul personal attack. You need a time out.

Forum List

Back