Who is Better?

• Judas Priest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I list Maiden among my top 5 favorite bands of all time and I never listen to Priest, so it's not even close for me. However, they seem to get lumped together often so I figure it's worthy of a showdown, USMB poll style.

PS: I'm offering little side action on the over/under post count before this descends into a youtube video posting contest. Opening line: 3 1/2

Iron Maiden.

No contest. Priest put out some good tunes, but they became a caricature of themselves. Maiden IMO never did that.

Iron Maiden.

No contest. Priest put out some good tunes, but they became a caricature of themselves. Maiden IMO never did that.

Ooooh, I'd say Maiden are a caricature of themselves as well BIG TIME!

I was a huge fan of both bands when I was a kid but I'd probably have to say Maiden had a slight edge. Maiden had more complex tunes but the lyrics were way cheesy. Priest became that way only later when they realized they had nothing left to say and decided to sing about heavy metal since they were, you know, a heavy metal band. Both sucked when they hit their mid to late-30s.

Iron Maiden.

Ooooh, I'd say Maiden are a caricature of themselves as well BIG TIME!

I was a huge fan of both bands when I was a kid but I'd probably have to say Maiden had a slight edge. Maiden had more complex tunes but the lyrics were way cheesy. Priest became that way only later when they realized they had nothing left to say and decided to sing about heavy metal since they were, you know, a heavy metal band. Both sucked when they hit their mid to late-30s.

I think what I was trying to express is that Priest took themselves too seriously, and didn't realize that they were essentially making themselves a caricature.

Maiden didn't take themselves seriously, and full on basked in the self deprecation.

I dunno, just my take.

Youtube time!

Great Priest songs

Victim of Changes
[youtube]hXqb_3fR6Ok[/youtube]

Sinner
[youtube]W6Trs3v1XbM[/youtube]

Beyond the Realms of Death
[youtube]MeKuH114EiA[/youtube]

Green Manalishi
[youtube]XT2DktNBRfo[/youtube]

Dissident Aggressor
[youtube]cEvDlivJeVo[/youtube]

Steeler
[youtube]HyfwduWmw_E[/youtube]

iron-maiden-band-wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

Iron Maiden.

This.

I saw Judas Priest at the Long Beach Arena 1979-80-81, they put on a great show and made some great albums but lost me with "Turbo Lover". How stupid was that? It was like when Kiss put out "Music From The Elder"! :lol:

I've never seen Maiden live but they've been pretty consistent for what, 30+ years now? They're like AC/DC!

Rob Halford has put out some good stuff though, in fact I heard a new tune from him on Satellite Radio last night.

Iron Maiden

Edit:

Removed vid... :razz:

Last edited:
Great Maiden songs!

Hallowed be thy Name
[youtube]g7kMq80Lhgc[/youtube]

Phantom of the Opera
[youtube]MjAQSlTVcYI[/youtube]

Aces High
[youtube]FJq1eJe-sto[/youtube]

Wrathchild
[youtube]FxP0SyeQLLQ[/youtube]

Running Free
[youtube]iIwwh3qjYRw[/youtube]

Where Eagles Dare
[youtube]bCWzVQSp9jQ[/youtube]

Trooper
[youtube]PSSHk0U9gv4[/youtube]

Afraid to Shoot Strangers
[youtube]1nERoMgzCO8[/youtube]

Can't say I'm a fan of the genre.

Me either. My view is that what this genre lacks in instrumental talent they more than make up in loud noise. :razz:

However, that being said, imo Iron Maiden creates better loud noise. :lol:

I am not a huge fan of either..but Bruce Dickinson is one impressive midget. He's an airline pilot, frontman for a major label band and a near olympic fencer..

I am not a huge fan of either..but Bruce Dickinson is one impressive midget. He's an airline pilot, frontman for a major label band and a near olympic fencer..

Midget? He's a bit below average in height, but only by three or four inches. He's most certainly talented though.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but the lead singer of Judas Priest looks gay.

BTW, my favorite Maiden song:

Last edited by a moderator:

Midget? He's a bit below average in height, but only by three or four inches. He's most certainly talented though.

I've seen them live. Even on stage he looks pretty short.

Sure. So did Roger Daltrey when I saw The Who live.

Iron-Maiden.jpg

This is a good picture because he's not standing in front.

Fan of both bands, but Maiden puts on a better live show, and their stuff is more consistent. There's really only 2 Maiden albums I can't get into, whereas there's 4 or so from Priest I just never got into. Judas Priest's Turbo album was just.....awful. I mean I understand bands changing it up (hell I never like to play the same way for very long), but come on. It was terrible (and I'm a big Priest fan). Plus Priest without Halford sucks-whereas pre-Dickinson Maiden was still really good (I'd argue better than most Maiden with Dickinson).

So for me: it's Maiden all the way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back