Journey: Band could split after recent feud

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Apparently Neal Schon is having a mental breakdown all over Facebook and Twitter because Arnel PIneda,Jon Cain and Ross Vallory were invited to the White House ....and went ...*gasp*

Journey's Neal Schon Says Band Could Split Over Recent Feud

And as an aside...not only is Neal a loon...his fans are clearly insane as well. Visit his social media at your peril. The Schon fluffers are quite rabid. :)

Edited to add...Note to Neal...no one would have even known about the visit if you weren't in kook meltdown mode you idiot.

Shrug.

Sounds like the band is tired of Schon.

I stopped with Journey when they lost Perry. The mimic they found is good, but still a mimic.

Somehow.........I'm not as devastated as I might have been at 13.

Shrug.

I stopped with Journey when they lost Perry. The mimic they found is good, but still a mimic.

I agree. Journey is now glorified kareoke. I haven't followed them in years ( nevermind the fact that their fans are total douchebags).

Neal is delusional if he thinks at this stage of the game Journey is going to make new music that will sell. Does anyone but his sycophant fans even know the new songs already produced? Will they even give a crap? No.

Exactly. They should have walk away gracefully long ago.

I had no idea they were still together. I listen to the same 6 or 7 songs on the radio that I have been listening to forever. If they have done anything new, I don't know it. I listen to a lot of different music.

That whole era, for me, of rock and roll drama is over. I'm not spending the $6 on a music mag to keep up and win my own pin up poster of the rock and roll hero of the moment.

Whatever happened to shut up and play?

Exactly. They should have walk away gracefully long ago.

I had no idea they were still together. I listen to the same 6 or 7 songs on the radio that I have been listening to forever. If they have done anything new, I don't know it. I listen to a lot of different music.

That whole era, for me, of rock and roll drama is over. I'm not spending the $6 on a music mag to keep up and win my own pin up poster of the rock and roll hero of the moment.

Whatever happened to shut up and play?
Same here haven't listened to anything Journey related since the 90's.other than their greatest hits.

I like many other bands as well so really there was no need to once they dropped Steve Perry.

Apparently Neal thinks more of himself than most of the public does.

Apparently Neal Schon is having a mental breakdown all over Facebook and Twitter because Arnel PIneda,Jon Cain and Ross Vallory were invited to the White House ....and went ...*gasp*

And as an aside...not only is Neal a loon...his fans are clearly insane as well. Visit his social media at your peril. The Schon fluffers are quite rabid. :)

Edited to add...Note to Neal...no one would have even known about the visit if you weren't in kook meltdown mode you idiot.

Since being stuck in a chair from illness I have gone through many many artists and studied them for hours . Journey was one of them when Steve Perry was in the band. Damn I wish I saw them back in the 80's/

Both Neil and Steve struck magic ultra awesome status when they played together, but the magic was gone when they played apart.

Both Neil and Steve are walking major ego's maniacs and I am sad, because I would have loved to see them play together today.

I seriously think Steve Perry lost his unusual voice that brought Journey to fame...it would be a hard voice to keep up.

Neil is an excellent guitar player but is so in love with himself, I can't stand him..

You seriously need to watch this concert , gosh what talent... BTW...Neil had to be in the spotlight when he played, I would hate to work with him. but Steve's voice was a gift..

Since being stuck in a chair from illness I have gone through many many artists and studied them for hours . Journey was one of them when Steve Perry was in the band. Damn I wish I saw them back in the 80's/

Both Neil and Steve struck magic ultra awesome status when they played together, but the magic was gone when they played apart.

Both Neil and Steve are walking major ego's maniacs and I am sad, because I would have loved to see them play together today.

I seriously think Steve Perry lost his unusual voice that brought Journey to fame...it would be a hard voice to keep up.

Neil is an excellent guitar player but is so in love with himself, I can't stand him..

You seriously need to watch this concert , gosh what talent... BTW...Neil had to be in the spotlight when he played, I would hate to work with him. but Steve's voice was a gift..

Would have loved to have seen Journey during their heyday..unfortunately they only toured here once and I was unable to.

Since Arnel joined it seems they come every year...and now I couldn't care less.

Such is life.

I have no idea if Steve Perry is an ego maniac in real life or not. However in all interviews via print and video that I have seen he seems very kind,humble and reflective. In fact he is very interesting to listen to.

Neal on the other hand is another story. Always reminding everyone Journey is "his band"...that Arnel owes him for discovering him and needs to remember that...trashing his fellow band mates ( including Steve Perry). Treated all Perry replacement singers like trash. Neal is extremely self centered and obnoxious. And really...has nothing of merit Journey related I would be interested in hearing him talk about.

Jon Cain is probably even more interesting than Neal Schon. And I never cared for him one way or another.

Would have loved to have seen Journey during their heyday..unfortunately they only toured here once and I was unable to.

Since Arnel joined it seems they come every year...and now I couldn't care less.

Such is life.

I have no idea if Steve Perry is an ego maniac in real life or not. However in all interviews via print and video that I have seen he seems very kind,humble and reflective. In fact he is very interesting to listen to.

Neal on the other hand is another story. Always reminding everyone Journey is "his band"...that Arnel owes him for discovering him and needs to remember that...trashing his fellow band mates ( including Steve Perry). Treated all Perry replacement singers like trash. Neal is extremely self centered and obnoxious. And really...has nothing of merit Journey related I would be interested in hearing him talk about.

Jon Cain is probably even more interesting than Neal Schon. And I never cared for him one way or another.

There is a Journey documentary on netflix with Arnel, he seems good but it is not the real Journey to me either.

Neal was in Carlos Santana with another guy who branched off to make Journey...They were not getting anywhere with just Neil's guitar solo's so the management made them take on Steve Perry.. and the other guy ( piano guy left ) so Cain took over, he does seem like a nice guy I agree.

Perry needed hip surgery in the 90's after reuniting and took too long to get it done for Schon, so they left Perry in the dust which is what started the war between them.

Journey was inducted into the music hall of fame in early 2017 I think it was..I was so hoping they would play together..but no there are either still resentments or Perry lost his voice.

BTW... when Led Zeppelins drummer died the band stopped playing together for years and years, they felt broken losing their drummer..
I find that to be respectful. unlike what Schon did to Perry.

Such is life.

There is a Journey documentary on netflix with Arnel, he seems good but it is not the real Journey to me either.

Neal was in Carlos Santana with another guy who branched off to make Journey...They were not getting anywhere with just Neil's guitar solo's so the management made them take on Steve Perry.. and the other guy ( piano guy left ) so Cain took over, he does seem like a nice guy I agree.

Perry needed hip surgery in the 90's after reuniting and took too long to get it done for Schon, so they left Perry in the dust which is what started the war between them.

Journey was inducted into the music hall of fame in early 2017 I think it was..I was so hoping they would play together..but no there are either still resentments or Perry lost his voice.

BTW... when Led Zeppelins drummer died the band stopped playing together for years and years, they felt broken losing their drummer..

Apparently Steve used to make guest appearances at EELS shows.

Sounds pretty good to me...but then I was a big fan of his solo stuff and liked his lower soulful stuff.

Such is life.

Sounds pretty good to me...but then I was a big fan of his solo stuff and liked his lower soulful stuff.

I watched that too last year I think...but he is in a lower key don't you think?

Such is life.

I watched that too last year I think...but he is in a lower key don't you think?

Probably but he is in his 60's ...he still hits a lot of high notes though. Steve Perry in a lower key still out shines his competition. Always will.

Such is life.

Out of curiosity I watched the Netflix journey documentary. Which showed neither Neal or Jon in a good light( I wonder if they know that ?).

Footage of Jon during Arnels voice sessions brow beating him to sound just like Steve Perry.

Neal bragging that due to economy people who really can't afford to be there are buying tickets.

Neal bragging about sold out show but failing to mention the one to two OTHER 80's bands they always tour with (no fool they ain't there just for you).

Admitting that 25% of there new audience is only there to see Arnel because they are Filipino.

Shots of the spaced out teenagers now attending concerts admitting they don't even know who they are there to see.

Such a ringing endorcement.

They appear to be Worlds Apart and may go their Seperate Ways.

Such is life.

Out of curiosity I watched the Netflix journey documentary. Which showed neither Neal or Jon in a good light( I wonder if they know that ?).

Footage of Jon during Arnels voice sessions brow beating him to sound just like Steve Perry.

Neal bragging that due to economy people who really can't afford to be there are buying tickets.

Neal bragging about sold out show but failing to mention the one to two OTHER 80's bands they always tour with (no fool they ain't there just for you).

Admitting that 25% of there new audience is only there to see Arnel because they are Filipino.

Shots of the spaced out teenagers now attending concerts admitting they don't even know who they are there to see.

I need to re watch it since it has been a few years since. They have a few youtube VH1 interviews with Steve Perry explaining what they did to him.

Neal knows that Arnel is his only chance to get on stage, no one will just sit and listen to Shon's solos's alone.

BTW 2 funny things..in that first video I gave you on here Neal used to put a sock ( well you know where ).haaaa so obvious and funny.

And Neil married a young beauty who is actually an ultra ego of Neil in woman form.. She is very pretty though.. Michelle Schon

sock picture,...lol not as good as the video though

e586f190243d6dba8fb72ad2b6cfd66d--neal-schon-steve-perry.jpg

Last edited:

Such is life.

I need to re watch it since it has been a few years since. They have a few youtube VH1 interviews with Steve Perry explaining what they did to him.

Neal knows that Arnel is his only chance to get on stage, no one will just sit and listen to Shon's solos's alone.

BTW 2 funny things..in that first video I gave you on here Neal used to put a sock ( well you know where ).haaaa so obvious and funny.

And Neil married a young beauty who is actually an ultra ego of Neil in woman form.. She is very pretty though.. Michelle Schon

He married an attention whore from the house wives of...reality franchise...and he had to break up her previous gold digger marriage to do it . He is just gross and unappealing period. Barf.

Such is life.

After years of Neal trashing Steve Perry in print trying to turn everyone against him...now all of a sudden he can't sing his praises loud enough. Why? He probably wants him to bail him out ...now that he trashed the band.

Shrug.

I agree. Journey is now glorified kareoke. I haven't followed them in years ( nevermind the fact that their fans are total douchebags).

Neal is delusional if he thinks at this stage of the game Journey is going to make new music that will sell. Does anyone but his sycophant fans even know the new songs already produced? Will they even give a crap? No.

Yea I considered them not being journey along time ago, just like Genesis, pink Floyd...not the same.

Forum List

Back