John Kerry 2004 Health Insurance Plan

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Both sides know the health insurance system in America is a god damn shame. Neither side has any real solutions. Liberals still stand behind the Obaminationcare program. While over 90% are enrolled in the bronze and Silver high deductible plans, which is not really being insured, premiums have skyrocketed and you can’t get the doctors you want. Honest liberals recognize the ACA is failing.

However, conservatives come up with solutions like get rid of the mandate, tax credits instead of subsidies (both are Obamacare lite and an even worse failure), health savings plan and sell across state lines (these later 2 are smoke screens they won’t solve the problem).

Regardless of your feelings on John Kerry, I believe he had the best health insurance plan to date.

His plan called for $20-$30k (he didn’t win so the number was never on stone) catastrophic care coverage for all Americans. That means the government covers all medical bills over $20k-$30k. Then you get private insurance and buy down from there. The insurer’s max liability would be $20k-$30k, so they could provide cheaper insurance. Also the gov would reimburse businesses 75% of their insurance costs.

Kerry vs. Bush on Health Care

Would it be expensive? Absolutely, but any healthcare solution will be.

I already hear the conservatives squealing over this one.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Both sides know the health insurance system in America is a god damn shame. Neither side has any real solutions. Liberals still stand behind the Obaminationcare program. While over 90% are enrolled in the bronze and Silver high deductible plans, which is not really being insured, premiums have skyrocketed and you can’t get the doctors you want. Honest liberals recognize the ACA is failing.

However, conservatives come up with solutions like get rid of the mandate, tax credits instead of subsidies (both are Obamacare lite and an even worse failure), health savings plan and sell across state lines (these later 2 are smoke screens they won’t solve the problem).

Regardless of your feelings on John Kerry, I believe he had the best health insurance plan to date.

His plan called for $20-$30k (he didn’t win so the number was never on stone) catastrophic care coverage for all Americans. That means the government covers all medical bills over $20k-$30k. Then you get private insurance and buy down from there. The insurer’s max liability would be $20k-$30k, so they could provide cheaper insurance. Also the gov would reimburse businesses 75% of their insurance costs.

While I'd rather see the Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage system opened to everyone, I have to admit, that one comes in 2nd.

Until controls are placed on costs, you are whistling past the graveyard.

Actually,GHook93
Senator Collins wants to do that....and she has some other republicans in the Senate that agree with her...

Old Horse-Face should have gotten his ilk to do it when ObamaCare was being crafted.

For the last time: other countries don't give free care to 30-40 mil illegal humans (making all others pay for it). They don't give heart transplants and sex changes to death row. They don't have an attorney chained to each procedure trying to extract $10mil for some sort of bogus crap. They don't pay people $3K/mo disability when some phony muslim DR says Ackmeds back pain is too bad to work forever. We are screwed by courts and lawyers. Fix that!

Why should the gov reimburse employers for 75% of ins ? I am beginning to think SS and Medicare should be left separate, as HMO's are slowly taking over Medicare as it is. Medicare Advantage plans.

There are problems with these "re-insuring plans"...that's what Susan Collins wants....

but, as mentioned by someone above, the only way to stop this ever rising spiral staircase in to the heavens by the medical providers, is to cap prices, like the gvt does with Medicare.

The insurance companies do negotiate better prices from the medical providers, but then they seem to take what they save, and increase their own profit margins or give themselves raises with it.... Insurance companies are the middle man that could be cut out and would save us at minimum 25% right off the bat....it would save us the "cut" the insurance companies get for their own operation and profits.

We need to demand the AMA raise their quotas for Doctors out of Medical schools...by them keeping their Physician quoptas low, makes the doctor's be in shortage for the demand, which makes the Doctors that are here, raise their prices...when demand is greater than the supply, the supply goes up in value/price.

We need to ask for our cut back...we fund research and development in the medical and pharma fields in colleges and universities, then the corporations come in and use the research we have funded, to develop the medical product or the items or the medicines...but they usually always begin with our government money....and my thoughts are, when a corporation is successful, we should get a cut of it...and it should be used to lower our prices on all of these new inventions with our paid for by taxes, research done....

I know, this might seem petty, but it could add up?

there are so so many things the gvt could do to reduce our overall health care spending per head.

To me, the gvt insuring for catastrophic health care, while allowing the insurance companies to only have to worry about "the small stuff" is the biggest gift horse to the insurance companies, taking away the risk of insuring all together....giving them the profitable part of health insurance, a golden egg....

We already let the insurance companies push our govt in to insuring the higher risk elderly people, that was a huge gift for the insurance companies, getting rid of the elderly,

AND NOW, also gifting the insurance companies with us taking them being responsible for paying for the sick, the heart transplants,and yearly Kidney dialysis and transplants, and heart surgeries, amputations, and ALL surgeries really would be well over the $20,000, and leukemia and cancer treatments all would be over the $20k too....

If our gvt can insure over 20k and up, then they should insure us all in full with our contribution/premium and be able to benefit from those who are not sick...?

or if gvt does catastrophic coverage then we ALL should be able to afford the rest with NO INSURANCE, no middle man getting his cut...?

These are just some preliminary thoughts of mine...

Actually,GHook93
Senator Collins wants to do that....and she has some other republicans in the Senate that agree with her...

Really, nice to know. But it won’t go anywhere. Tea Party Republicans will be against it because they are against everything. All the Democrats will be against it because a Republican brought I up (heck the Democrats led by Ted Kennedy were against Nixon’s UHC plan solely because it was introduced by a Republican).

I like how the media is covering. Do you have a link

Actually,GHook93

Really, nice to know. But it won’t go anywhere. Tea Party Republicans will be against it because they are against everything. All the Democrats will be against it because a Republican brought I up (heck the Democrats led by Ted Kennedy were against Nixon’s UHC plan solely because it was introduced by a Republican).

I like how the media is covering. Do you have a link

this is a little bit on a form of the idea of separate insurance for catastrophic or the 'sickly' vs preventative and small time medical....

it's a sampling of Kerry's plan, but for the stabilization of the Individual insurance market on the ACA health exchange...

Sen. Collins teams up with Florida Democrat on bill to shore up ACA

Nelson scores victory on insurance plan but it helped passage of GOP tax bill he dislikes

There are problems with these "re-insuring plans"...that's what Susan Collins wants....

Let me finish for you Care4all...”I am a Democrat and anything a Republican proposes or supports is bad bad bad and I must be against it.”

It was a Democrat, Sen Nelson, and a Republican, Senator Collins who sponsored the bill together! sheesh....you are a pea brain today! :lol:

Forum List

Back