john hughes

Feb 15, 2004
There are a lot of John Hughes films on the tv now...last night I watched the breakfast club where they had bubbles that explained the complications of each scene - I have to say - I am glad I am not an actor!
Right now, its sixteen candles! The Chinaman has just passed out on the front lawn....
Classics!

Sixteen Candles is one of my favorites. Two scenes that really break me up:

Grandpa's on the phone talking to, I guess, the police, trying to locate Dong. Grandpa describes the totally nerdy outfit Dong's wearing, listens for a minute, and says, "No, he's not retarded."

Grandpa finds Dong passed out in the front yard, and stands over him clapping his hands. "Dong." Clap, clap. "Dong?' Clap, clap.

Hysterical!

I love John Hughes' movies. My personal fave is Breakfast Club (my roommate's girlfriend once told me it's a chick-flick. Maybe she's watching a different movie?:confused: ), but also Pretty in Pink, and Weird Science to a lesser degree. I don't think I've ever seen Sixteen Candles.

You know who loves Joh hughes shit? Jay and Silent BOB! I love the fact the were on their way to Shermer illnois (that's ill-lin-noise..lol) to be the BLUNT connection for this town. haha. Too bad they never made it.

I love the pseudo-computer music playing in the background of the twins bedroom when Geek wakes them up for the photo-op. I gotta stop watching movies so much...whoa.

Originally posted by Scourge
You know who loves Joh hughes shit? Jay and Silent BOB! I love the fact the were on their way to Shermer illnois (that's ill-lin-noise..lol) to be the BLUNT connection for this town. haha. Too bad they never made it.

I love the pseudo-computer music playing in the background of the twins bedroom when Geek wakes them up for the photo-op. I gotta stop watching movies so much...whoa.

Thats true! Then J and SB found out there is no such place.

As for Dan, rent out sixteen candles. The Chinaman is hilarious as is the Anthony Michael Hall playing the geek. John Cusak is in it and he plays another geek. It is a very funny film!

As for The breakfast club - Judd Nelson was the best!

Forum List

Back