John Durham....The Cavalry Has Arived

View image on Twitter

John H Durham@John_H_Durham

https://twitter.com/John_H_Durham/status/1128112682626879489

Feeling Sexy might indict Hillary

9:39 PM - May 13, 2019

Looks like someone from 4chan has already gone to work on TWITer:auiqs.jpg:

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection efforts targeting the Trump campaign were “lawful and appropriate,” a person familiar with the situation told Fox News on Monday evening.

John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, will conduct the inquiry, the source said. The move comes as the Trump administration has pushed for answers on why federal authorities conducted the surveillance — as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Two sources told Fox News earlier today that Barr was “serious” and had assigned DOJ personnel to the probe. Durham is known as a “hard-charging, bulldog” prosecutor, Fox News is told.

Sources familiar with matter say the focus of the probe includes the pre-transition period — prior to Nov. 7, 2016 – – including the use and initiation of informants, as well as potential Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) abuses.

Mr. Durham’s probe will focus on whether the Justice Department lawfully collected intelligence on Trump campaign associates, according to both the New York Times and Associated Press, each citing sources familiar with the matter.

It is not clear what investigative powers Mr. Durham will have or whether Mr. Barr will authorize a team or budget. Special counsel Robert Mueller had a squad of roughly 20 people to conduct his investigation.
Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec did not immediately return a request for comment. Thomas Carson, a spokesman for Mr. Durham, declined to comment.

President Trump has long demanded the Justice Department look into whether the FBI spied on his campaign at the behest of the Obama administration. His calls have increased since Mr. Mueller concluded there was no evidence that the president or members of his campaign colluded with Russia.

Mr. Durham’s probe is the third known investigation into FBI and Justice Department decisions surrounding the 2016 election. Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is evaluating the Justice Department’s wiretaps on former campaign associate Carter Page. And John Huber, the U.S. attorney in Utah, is also reviewing a surveillance warrant obtained by the FBI to spy on Mr. Page.

Mr. Horowitz’s findings are expected to be released this month or next while the progress of Mr. Huber’s probe has remained shrouded in mystery.

In addition, Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, has also pledged an aggressive committee investigation into the FBI and Justice Department’s actions in 2016. He said the probe will target how the department was “so in the tank for [Hillary] Clinton and hated Trump’s guts.”

The Durham probe is not a surprise as Mr. Barr signaled earlier this month that he had “people in the department” helping him examine intelligence actions related to the Trump campaign.

Mr. Durham, who was sworn in as U.S. attorney on February 22, has worked at the Justice Department since 1982 and has plenty of experience conducting high-level special investigations.

the American people deserve to see some heads roll
I hope they get it

The more I learn about Durham the more I like. His reputation is unquestionable. He has been supported by both Democrats and Republicans. He is known for his unbiased objective commitment to justice. He is also known for being a pitbull in getting to the bottom of things and for not being swayed by any influence.

Anyone who has anything to hide, anyone who engaged in illegal activity during either the faux FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton or its investigations of Trump and his team should be seriously worried.

Barr has assigned US Attn'y Durham to investigate ......guess what?

Right!

The Russia Hoax!!!!

220px-John_H._Durham.jpg

"Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates."

Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

Yep, the Cavalry has arived, but it's the F Troop.

Right!

The Russia Hoax!!!!

220px-John_H._Durham.jpg

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates."

In your fevered dreams. I am going to enjoy watching you crash and burn

Right!

The Russia Hoax!!!!

220px-John_H._Durham.jpg

In your fevered dreams. I am going to enjoy watching you crash and burn

Of course you will. You get back with me when all that stuff really happens, MmmK? What ever happened to that big investigation into millions of illegal voters? Any word on how that one is coming along?

Do you think Nadler, Pelosi, and the other Dems got Barr's message that he will not be threatened or intimidated into backing down from his promise to investigate everything that went on...?

:)

I won't get excited until sentences are handed down.

We saw the feds lose a lot of cases around the Ruby Ridge Murders, but no prison for the killers.

We saw Davidians freed from custody, but no compensation paid, or indictments of the grossly negligent even filed.

We've watch the meat puppet's regime walk away from every scandal, avoid prosecution when the FBI Director specifically acknowledged crimes were committed, but he didn't bother to look for a prosecutor.

The way I see it, we need a wall around DC and turn it into the largest prison known to man.

Great point......that's why I said '50-50'

Investigated the Criminal CIA - recommended no charges...

Hired by criminal Obama US AG Holder...

Seems like these guys are always around, always inter-connected with everyone, and no one ever seems to be held accountable...

I do trust Barr...I hope he can trust this guy to do the right thing.

Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote 50-50....

"Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful."

then the investigation will prove that out, like it proved trump did nothing wrong. but since we do have question after question that shows bias in the investigation yes - we need to know. we cannot allow EITHER PARTY to EVER weaponize the gov to silence the other side.

stick to just RUSSIA and don't dive into the sideshow bobs of finances and the rest. we can worry about that later. was the investigation legitimate and were the FISA warrants obtained properly?

and stop hacking journalists.

View image on Twitter

John H Durham@John_H_Durham

Feeling Sexy might indict Hillary

9:39 PM - May 13, 2019

Looks like someone from 4chan has already gone to work on TWITer:auiqs.jpg:

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection efforts targeting the Trump campaign were “lawful and appropriate,” a person familiar with the situation told Fox News on Monday evening.

John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, will conduct the inquiry, the source said. The move comes as the Trump administration has pushed for answers on why federal authorities conducted the surveillance — as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Two sources told Fox News earlier today that Barr was “serious” and had assigned DOJ personnel to the probe. Durham is known as a “hard-charging, bulldog” prosecutor, Fox News is told.

Sources familiar with matter say the focus of the probe includes the pre-transition period — prior to Nov. 7, 2016 – – including the use and initiation of informants, as well as potential Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) abuses.

Mr. Durham’s probe will focus on whether the Justice Department lawfully collected intelligence on Trump campaign associates, according to both the New York Times and Associated Press, each citing sources familiar with the matter.

It is not clear what investigative powers Mr. Durham will have or whether Mr. Barr will authorize a team or budget. Special counsel Robert Mueller had a squad of roughly 20 people to conduct his investigation.
Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec did not immediately return a request for comment. Thomas Carson, a spokesman for Mr. Durham, declined to comment.

President Trump has long demanded the Justice Department look into whether the FBI spied on his campaign at the behest of the Obama administration. His calls have increased since Mr. Mueller concluded there was no evidence that the president or members of his campaign colluded with Russia.

Mr. Durham’s probe is the third known investigation into FBI and Justice Department decisions surrounding the 2016 election. Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is evaluating the Justice Department’s wiretaps on former campaign associate Carter Page. And John Huber, the U.S. attorney in Utah, is also reviewing a surveillance warrant obtained by the FBI to spy on Mr. Page.

Mr. Horowitz’s findings are expected to be released this month or next while the progress of Mr. Huber’s probe has remained shrouded in mystery.

In addition, Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, has also pledged an aggressive committee investigation into the FBI and Justice Department’s actions in 2016. He said the probe will target how the department was “so in the tank for [Hillary] Clinton and hated Trump’s guts.”

The Durham probe is not a surprise as Mr. Barr signaled earlier this month that he had “people in the department” helping him examine intelligence actions related to the Trump campaign.

Mr. Durham, who was sworn in as U.S. attorney on February 22, has worked at the Justice Department since 1982 and has plenty of experience conducting high-level special investigations.

the American people deserve to see some heads roll
I hope they get it

Sure hope so.

There is no possible way that Hillary isn't guilty......and Trump innocent.

For any who imagine that the lying liar, Comey, is either telling the truth, or knows anything about the law involved, here is the reality vis-a-vis guilt of Trump vs Hillary

The crime of obstruction of justice requires corrupt intent. There can be no such corrupt intent with no underlying crime. All Trump has done is complain about the lies they've told about him.

No such intent is necessary as an element of the crime of mishandling classified material: simply doing so carries the liability. So Hillary is clearly guilty, and Comey was lying when he claimed he needed intent to find her so.

Again?

Trump is not guilty of obstruction of justice, but Hillary Clinton is clearly guilty of mishandling classified material.

“Mueller writes that the federal obstruction statutes share three common elements: (1) an obstructive act; (2) a nexus between the obstructive act and an official proceeding; and (3) a corrupt intent. Justice Antonin Scalia’s partial dissent in U.S. v. Aguilar stated that “the term ‘corruptly’ in criminal laws has a long-standing and well-accepted meaning.” The term “denotes ‘[a]n act done with an intent to give some advantage inconsistent with official duty and the rights of others....” Mueller’s report adopts Justice Scalia’s conception of “corruptly.” The Special Counsel’s Constitutional Analysis: Corrupt Intent and the Take Care Clause

Last edited:

Forum List

Back