John Boehner adds lobbyist to staff

As I have said several times on this board...I think Boehner is an ass and the fact that he is the chosen speaker for the next 2 years frustrates the hell out of me.

Washington has its issues. I am all for cleaning house on both sides of the aisle.

As for my reading comprehension issues...I will take that as constructive criticism and well warranted.

But lets be real Mod...on this board? More often than not, yours would have been meant as a dig.....Iperhpas not this time around...and maybe never with you.....but with most on this board?

I cant say "I love you" without someone commenting on my intelligence.

Boehner being speaker will change nothing in Washington. That's the thing that people who voted for the GOP must realize. Simply being frustrated about it will change nothing unless you vote accordingly as well.

As for this board, plenty of assholes on it but KBO.

I agree. Boehner and Pelosi have are on two ends of the spectrum ideology wise...but they are the exact same type of politician.
They play the people to their advantage. They iuse rhetoric to fool the people as to the valididty of the other side of the debate.

It is not good for America.

Walking through the front door of the house is business as usual too...should they no longer do that?

Do youy think he meant he was changing the way they do EVERYTHING?

Dont get me wrong....Boehner does not deserve to be the speaker in my eyes....and he is an ass for bringing on a lobbyist...

Nope, just the things wrong with Washington. Lobbyists being one of the biggest.

You have an issue with lobbyists.... so your opinion is they are one of the biggest problems. That is not necessarily a fact, Dog, it is your opinion. OK? Boehner didn't promise no lobbyists. No promise broken.

He did promise they had 'heard' the American people and that he would change the way they do business. I will wait to see whether he delivers that. If he does not, then I will criticize him.... and the rest of them. I'm more interested in the behavior of the 112th congress than I am in this.

lmao....so he keeps one thing the same, but it is your hack belief that this must mean nothing will change

:cuckoo:

If they're not willing to change the big things, why would they be willing to change the small ones?

first off...ASSumption...second off...i can't believe you think this a "big thing"...its not, who cares who is on his staff? if boenher wants to be in the pocket of lobbyist, having one on his staff won't change that one bit....

you're making a mountain of a mole hill

As I have said several times on this board...I think Boehner is an ass and the fact that he is the chosen speaker for the next 2 years frustrates the hell out of me.

Washington has its issues. I am all for cleaning house on both sides of the aisle.

As for my reading comprehension issues...I will take that as constructive criticism and well warranted.

But lets be real Mod...on this board? More often than not, yours would have been meant as a dig.....Iperhpas not this time around...and maybe never with you.....but with most on this board?

I cant say "I love you" without someone commenting on my intelligence.

Boehner being speaker will change nothing in Washington. That's the thing that people who voted for the GOP must realize. Simply being frustrated about it will change nothing unless you vote accordingly as well.

As for this board, plenty of assholes on it but KBO.

I agree. Boehner and Pelosi have are on two ends of the spectrum ideology wise...but they are the exact same type of politician.
They play the people to their advantage. They iuse rhetoric to fool the people as to the valididty of the other side of the debate.

It is not good for America.

^^^ What he said.

lol...coming from one of the staunchest left wing political hacks on this board thats funny....

you never created a thread dogging obama for it, but you sure as hell create numerous threads dogging republicans for this and that :lol:

I'm a staunch left winger? News to me. Pretty weird since I and some of the biggest libertarians on this board are often in agreement.

I never had to create a thread dogging Obama for it, there were already plenty made by Republicans on this board. The only reason I can create threads dogging anyone for anything is because nobody has.

Though I will point out that many of my threads which happen to be non-political get completely ignored because people such as yourself rather discuss which ideology's dick is bigger.

you can stop thinking about me and dick...thanks

Walking through the front door of the house is business as usual too...should they no longer do that?

Do youy think he meant he was changing the way they do EVERYTHING?

Dont get me wrong....Boehner does not deserve to be the speaker in my eyes....and he is an ass for bringing on a lobbyist...

Nope, just the things wrong with Washington. Lobbyists being one of the biggest.

To me...
backroom deals is the biggest.
Intentionally Misrepresenting the other side of the debate is big.
Earmarks is big.

Without the above, a lobbyist on his team can have no negative affect.

You have an issue with lobbyists.... so your opinion is they are one of the biggest problems. That is not necessarily a fact, Dog, it is your opinion. OK? Boehner didn't promise no lobbyists. No promise broken.

He did promise they had 'heard' the American people and that he would change the way they do business. I will wait to see whether he delivers that. If he does not, then I will criticize him.... and the rest of them. I'm more interested in the behavior of the 112th congress than I am in this.

So you would say that lobbyists aren't a big problem? I think to many people, including those who voted for Mr. Boehner and the rest of the GOP would consider lobbyists to be a large problem.

In Abramoff Case, Most See Evidence of Wider Problem - washingtonpost.com

Back in 2006:

Most Americans believe that corruption in Congress is widespread, and even larger majorities support far-reaching reforms that would effectively end lobbying as it is currently practiced on Capitol Hill, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey found that 58 percent of Americans believe the Abramoff case is evidence of "widespread corruption in Washington," while barely a third -- 34 percent -- say it is limited to just a few individuals. The public thinks corruption is far more prevalent in Washington than it is in their state or local governments.

Nine in 10 said it should be illegal for lobbyists to give members of Congress gifts, trips or anything else of value. Lawmakers currently are prohibited from accepting gifts valued at more than $100 over the course of a calendar year, though the restriction is lightly enforced and easily evaded.

Two in three, including majorities of Republicans and Democrats, would go far beyond current proposals for change and make it illegal for lobbyists to make campaign contributions to members of Congress or to congressional candidates. A smaller majority -- 54 percent -- would prohibit lobbyists from organizing fundraisers on behalf of members of Congress or congressional candidates, a practice that has given lobbyists even greater leverage with the elected officials who benefited from these fundraisers.

To me...
backroom deals is the biggest.
Intentionally Misrepresenting the other side of the debate is big.
Earmarks is big.

Without the above, a lobbyist on his team can have no negative affect.

Not true, what a lawmaker would or would not support would still be up for sale as long as a lobbyist is on his team. Even if all those things were removed.

you can stop thinking about me and dick...thanks

Thanks for showing everyone reading this thread just what level your maturity is. Do you find it "ewwy" when you're around shirtless guys too?

I don't even like Boenher. I think he's a moron... but I'm waiting for someone to explain why I should be pissed at him.

So far, you've said "he's employing lobbyists"... so I asked for the promise from him stating that he would not employ lobbyists. Because if he has not said he won't, he is perfectly entitled to employ them.

You then said it's about 'transparency'.... well, he announced the hiring so he's being open and transparent about it.

So.... what the fuck am I supposed to be pissed about now?

So if your spouse decided to tell you right to your face that they're going to cheat on you, you'd be alright with that? You still haven't answered me whether you're okay with Boehner having lobbyists.

Remind what Boehner hiring staff has to do with spouses?

John Boehner adds lobbyist to staff - Chris Frates - POLITICO.com

House Speaker-elect John Boehner announced Thursday that he hired the medical device industry’s chief lobbyist as his policy director, adding to a growing number of Republican lawmakers who have recruited top aides from K Street.

But Bill Allison of the Sunlight Foundation, a government transparency group, called the move “business as usual,” noting that Loper’s now “in a much better position to help his old employer.”

“The public thinks that they’re electing a radically new Congress. And the freshmen may change but the people with power in Washington are always the same,” Allison said.

Incoming Republican House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers is considering hiring Lockheed Martin executive and lobbyist Bill Inglee as staff director of the powerful panel.

And The Washington Post on Thursday highlighted a number of Republicans who have hired registered lobbyists as top aides, including Republican Sens.-elect Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Mike Lee of Utah and Rand Paul of Kentucky. Republican Reps. Robert Dold of Illinois, Steve Pearce of New Mexico and Jeff Denham of California have also hired K Streeters.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE[/ame]

One must assume by this post and the supporting posts from your fellow liberals you are all screaming mad at Obama for hiring so many Lobbyists to his Administration especially after he promised not too. Right? RIGHT?

Where did he say "no lobbyists"?

Never said he promised no lobbyists.

Game, set, and match, junior. Obama promised something and broke his promised. Boehner never promised anything of the sort so he broke no promise. "Changing things"="does not employ lobbyists" is only in your little mind. IT is nowhere logical from anything.
Sorry s0n, you've been pwnd.

I remember Obama promising no lobbyists in his administration... last time I checked he had over 40... but I haven't read anything from the GOP making such a promise.

Instead of acting in a partisan manner, why not criticize the Republicans? I can easily criticize Obama for having lobbyists in his administration, better question is whether you can stop defending the Republicans for having lobbyists.

partisan manner? Maybe try starting threads bashing democrats once in blue moon, instead of constantly bashing republicans?

I remember Obama promising no lobbyists in his administration... last time I checked he had over 40... but I haven't read anything from the GOP making such a promise.

Instead of acting in a partisan manner, why not criticize the Republicans? I can easily criticize Obama for having lobbyists in his administration, better question is whether you can stop defending the Republicans for having lobbyists.

partisan manner? Maybe try starting threads bashing democrats once in blue moon, instead of constantly bashing republicans?

^ this ^

Who cares about promises? The fact that these people exist in Washington at all is the problem, the republican or dem side. That republican's do it shamelessly and for all to see, and that people don't see a problem with that, is cause for real concern, more so than for a president who works within a truly corrupt system.

I don't mind citicizing Boehner: he's been in Washington too long

yep, he's next to go.

pfeeesh, don't hold your breath.

pfeeesh, don't hold your breath.

Modbert is a FAR LEFT liberal dumb ass. He has stated he has no intention of ever calling the democrats or liberals to task because "someone else" will do that. What he meant is he has no problem with them doing everything he rails against the Conservatives and Republicans for. This is further proof. He demands we criticize OUR side while he absolutely REFUSES to EVER criticize his side.

Forum List

Back