John Boehner adds lobbyist to staff

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
John Boehner adds lobbyist to staff - Chris Frates - POLITICO.com

House Speaker-elect John Boehner announced Thursday that he hired the medical device industry’s chief lobbyist as his policy director, adding to a growing number of Republican lawmakers who have recruited top aides from K Street.

But Bill Allison of the Sunlight Foundation, a government transparency group, called the move “business as usual,” noting that Loper’s now “in a much better position to help his old employer.”

“The public thinks that they’re electing a radically new Congress. And the freshmen may change but the people with power in Washington are always the same,” Allison said.

Incoming Republican House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers is considering hiring Lockheed Martin executive and lobbyist Bill Inglee as staff director of the powerful panel.

And The Washington Post on Thursday highlighted a number of Republicans who have hired registered lobbyists as top aides, including Republican Sens.-elect Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Mike Lee of Utah and Rand Paul of Kentucky. Republican Reps. Robert Dold of Illinois, Steve Pearce of New Mexico and Jeff Denham of California have also hired K Streeters.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE[/ame]

What else is to be expected? They are sure enough that the American Public doesn't care about anything but talking points that they no longer care if the strings on the puppets are obvious.

I remember Obama promising no lobbyists in his administration... last time I checked he had over 40... but I haven't read anything from the GOP making such a promise.

I remember Obama promising no lobbyists in his administration... last time I checked he had over 40... but I haven't read anything from the GOP making such a promise.

Instead of acting in a partisan manner, why not criticize the Republicans? I can easily criticize Obama for having lobbyists in his administration, better question is whether you can stop defending the Republicans for having lobbyists.

No, most Republicans are proud to say that their leaders are puppets to corperations. After all, they are the party of corperate statism.

Instead of acting in a partisan manner, why not criticize the Republicans? I can easily criticize Obama for having lobbyists in his administration, better question is whether you can stop defending the Republicans for having lobbyists.

I don't mind citicizing Boehner: he's been in Washington too long

She made it clear that her critcism was of Obama promising no lobbyists yet he has over 40...Boehner never promised no lobbyists.

I criticize people when criticism is warranted. Did he promise not to employ lobbyists or not? If not, then there is no valid reason to criticize. Obama, on the other hand, clearly and emphatically promised not to allow lobbyists in his administration.

No, most Republicans are proud to say that their leaders are puppets to corperations. After all, they are the party of corperate statism.

I agree....the GOP admits it.

The dems promise you otherwise and are anyway. In other words, the GOP admits it, the DEMS lie about it.

Both are wrong.....but one is unethical about it as well.

So yes, I agree.

I'm not a Republican, nor am I a big fan of Boehner.... but criticizing him over lobbyists if he didn't promise not to employ them seems a tad partisan to me.

She made it clear that her critcism was of Obama promising no lobbyists yet he has over 40...Boehner never promised no lobbyists.

You and her both know that Boehner promised to change things in Washington. Putting lobbyists in his staff isn't change last I checked. It's more of the same. Her criticism was to deflect away from what Boehner is doing and instead trying to just attack Obama.

Isn't Boehner one of the ones who claims to have heard 'we, the people'? What, exactly, did he hear? Cause 'hey John, please keep on doing the same crap you D.C. elitists have been doing' sure wasn't the message.

I criticize people when criticism is warranted. Did he promise not to employ lobbyists or not? If not, then there is no valid reason to criticize. Obama, on the other hand, clearly and emphatically promised not to allow lobbyists in his administration.

You don't think Boehner deserves criticism for promising more transparency and having lobbyists in his employment? So you're okay with Boehner having lobbyists? Simple yes or no will suffice.

What is there to apologize for? Lobbyists get paid to a do a job. Staff people get paid to a do a job. In this case the person he chose is well up on all the legislation and how it will affect the industry. Which is more than I can say for Obama and the Dums.

Frankly, if someone shits in my boot, its irrelevant to me whether or not they promised that they wouldn't.

You don't think Boehner deserves criticism for promising more transparency and having lobbyists in his employment? So you're okay with Boehner having lobbyists? Simple yes or no will suffice.

Where is there any lack of transparency? It isn't like Boehner promised to do something and has welched, unlike the current incompetent joke int he White House.

Where is there any lack of transparency? It isn't like Boehner promised to do something and has welched, unlike the current incompetent joke int he White House.

So you're okay with Boehner having lobbyists but mad with Obama because he promised to not have lobbyists but has them?

Frankly, if someone shits in my boot, its irrelevant to me whether or not they promised that they wouldn't.

Yes...I agree...

However......

If you left your boot on the side of the street and someone shit in it, you may be upset, but you had only yourself to blame.

Yet...

If a friend said to you "leave your boot with me and I proimise you I will ensure no one shits in it"...and he shits in it......you have a good reason to blame him.

Forum List

Back