joe wilson, such a hypocrit

The bill had no means to check if someone was actually a citizen or not. An amendment by Heller would have fixed this, it was shot down along party lines. If Obama was correct then the Senate members working on the bill wouldn't have started fixing the problem. This is old news.

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/heller-6.pdf

The president is correct: The House bill contains a section (Sec. 246) titled "NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS," which states: "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."

However, conservative critics object to a lack of specific enforcement measures in the bill. They argue that the lack of a specific verification mechanism constitutes a loophole that would allow illegal immigrants to get benefits despite the legal prohibition. Republican Rep. Dean Heller of Nevada proposed an amendment to the bill that would have required the use of the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements program to check the immigration status of anyone applying for federal coverage or affordability credits. SAVE is the program used by Medicaid and similar entitlement programs. That amendment was voted down along party lines by the House Ways and Means Committee.

Obama’s Health Care Speech | FactCheck.org

However, conservative critics object to a lack of specific enforcement measures in the bill.

"You LIE!" is a far cry from "I'm concerned over the lack of verification."

He lied; illegals would have gotten health care via that loophole. You know it and I know it and those working on the bills know it. Which is why they started working on provisions to close the loophole after Obama's health care speech. Get over it.

Liberals love to paint conservatives as hypocrites. As usual, what they say is true--but about liberals. Liberals are the biggest hypocrites in public life. And the Hypocrite-in-Chief is Obama, who promises that Obamacare will decrease the deficit.

Tacit approval for illegal aliens getting benefits was the only reason I can think of why they would have voted the Heller amendment down. As it was, the bill was the health care version of "Don't ask, don't tell" for illegal aliens.

does anyones citizenship get checked now when at the hospital?

this is whats so ridiculous about this meme of "illegals will get medical care"

they get medical care NOW-

its funny to have Cons who are so worried about an expansion of Govt powers - so now people have to get their citizenship checked before their checkup????

The bill had no means to check if someone was actually a citizen or not. An amendment by Heller would have fixed this, it was shot down along party lines. If Obama was correct then the Senate members working on the bill wouldn't have started fixing the problem. This is old news.

The president is correct: The House bill contains a section (Sec. 246) titled "NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS," which states: "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."

However, conservative critics object to a lack of specific enforcement measures in the bill. They argue that the lack of a specific verification mechanism constitutes a loophole that would allow illegal immigrants to get benefits despite the legal prohibition. Republican Rep. Dean Heller of Nevada proposed an amendment to the bill that would have required the use of the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements program to check the immigration status of anyone applying for federal coverage or affordability credits. SAVE is the program used by Medicaid and similar entitlement programs. That amendment was voted down along party lines by the House Ways and Means Committee.

you can tell them this till the cows come home but it will never ever penetrate their thick little thought proof brains. all they know is "talking points."

does anyones citizenship get checked now when at the hospital?

this is whats so ridiculous about this meme of "illegals will get medical care"

they get medical care NOW-

its funny to have Cons who are so worried about an expansion of Govt powers - so now people have to get their citizenship checked before their checkup????

they get emergcency care not cradle to grave entitlement numbskull. there's a big fat assed difference.

You have to have a valid driver's license photo copied in order to buy a car now. Why not prove your a citizen with a valid address prior to medical care? They need to know where to send the bill.

The fact Congress doubled checked their bill, shows they had questions. Flat denial of an amendment making health insurance for illegals, well, illegal; is the final debate point. The hypocracy continued when it was turned into an impeachable offense by the Democrats.

Facts ruin libruls day

The hospitals currently give free health care to Illegal immigrants, I know I suffered by taking my wife to the hospital, she had some simple pains in her stomach, the hospital saw all the illegals first, dozens, it was not until after 5pm until we were seen even though we saw countless illegals come in before us and seen before us. After 5pm the clinic within the hospital that saw non-emergency patients closed and we forced to use the emergency room.

12,000 dollars later the doctors assured us nothing was wrong with my wife, she was just pregnant.

Crooked lousy fuckers

Word of warning you best check out the local hospital if you decide to move to a different city, move to a city with a crooked hospital and you will pay the price, maybe with your life.

The hospitals currently give free health care to Illegal immigrants, I know I suffered by taking my wife to the hospital, she had some simple pains in her stomach, the hospital saw all the illegals first, dozens, it was not until after 5pm until we were seen even though we saw countless illegals come in before us and seen before us. After 5pm the clinic within the hospital that saw non-emergency patients closed and we forced to use the emergency room.

12,000 dollars later the doctors assured us nothing was wrong with my wife, she was just pregnant.

Crooked lousy fuckers

Word of warning you best check out the local hospital if you decide to move to a different city, move to a city with a crooked hospital and you will pay the price, maybe with your life.

How did you know they were illegal? Did you say anything?

Last edited:
they get emergcency care not cradle to grave entitlement numbskull. there's a big fat assed difference.
This quote reflects a serious lack of understanding. They DO get cradle to grave care - they just get it at the ER and not at the primary care clinic. THAT's a big part of the problem. And doing nothing just means that they continue to get their primary, emergency and every other kind of care in the most expensive venue possible. And the rest of us CONTINUE to pay through the nose for it.

textbook example of cut off your nose to spite your face.

However, conservative critics object to a lack of specific enforcement measures in the bill.

"You LIE!" is a far cry from "I'm concerned over the lack of verification."

"You lie" is exactly what he was doing at the time.

Thanks to the "you lie", it wont happen.

Or did your media forget to tell you about the times that the dems "shot down" ammendments that would ensure illegals did not get the insurance?

This quote reflects a serious lack of understanding. They DO get cradle to grave care - they just get it at the ER and not at the primary care clinic. THAT's a big part of the problem. And doing nothing just means that they continue to get their primary, emergency and every other kind of care in the most expensive venue possible. And the rest of us CONTINUE to pay through the nose for it.

textbook example of cut off your nose to spite your face.

Yo....they only go to the ER when necessary.
Most "older" adults go to their private care whether they need it or not.
Give em insurance and they will be visitring their docs for a cold.

But nice try.....used some old talking poiints that were buried by the above logic months ago.

Crooked lousy fuckers

I was wondering the same thing. We have a lot of Hispanics in the area who are either citizens or have their green cards. They look just like the ones who are here illegally--and they all speak Spanish. I know of a couple who were offended because some righteous citizen got in their face and told them to go back to their own country!

Crooked lousy fuckers

I was wondering the same thing. We have a lot of Hispanics in the area who are either citizens or have their green cards. They look just like the ones who are here illegally--and they all speak Spanish. I know of a couple who were offended because some righteous citizen got in their face and told them to go back to their own country!

:lol:

Liberals love to paint conservatives as hypocrites. As usual, what they say is true--but about liberals. Liberals are the biggest hypocrites in public life. And the Hypocrite-in-Chief is Obama, who promises that Obamacare will decrease the deficit.

i'm not a liberal

Forum List

Back