Jobs falling from the sky

WatertheTree

Sep 9, 2011
Just watched a guy on fox news bring up a very interesting point.

Consider the fact that 40% of the nations wealth is owned by 1% of the population. The common mantra amongst alot of neocons is that the better they do the better we all do. If this is true then jobs should be falling out of the sky.

If the key to a stronger economy is to dump the tax burden on the middle class and shield the rich from everything then why dont we have jobs??

Maybe instead of strangling the middle class we should be empowing them. Maybe instead of giving the rich a free ride we should be putting more of the burden on them?

Consider the fact that 40% of the nations wealth is owned by 1% of the population. The common mantra amongst alot of neocons is that the better they do the better we all do. If this is true then jobs should be falling out of the sky.

If the key to a stronger economy is to dump the tax burden on the middle class and shield the rich from everything then why dont we have jobs??

Maybe instead of strangling the middle class we should be empowing them. Maybe instead of giving the rich a free ride we should be putting more of the burden on them?

introduce another 20k worth of regulations. Only tax rates determine the number of jobs. Repeat it now.

only tax rates determine the number of jobs...

:lmao:

maybe you should first understand the truth of what the GOP stands for.....and THEN debate.

It's called....

.....and, return us (automatically) to....

introduce another 20k worth of regulations. Only tax rates determine the number of jobs. Repeat it now.

Ok, so when were the tax rates lower? How many jobs were being created during that time?

Or...what was our best period of time in regards to job creation and low unemployment? What were the tax rates then?

Thats exactly the mantra that I am calling into question. Conidering that rich people (investors, capatalists, rulers) have it so wonderfull right now already, how come jobs arent falling from the sky?

Actually if the rich want to hold onto the staus quo then I think the answer is to push them off the pot of cash they are sitting on and put it to work in "free" enterprise.

Ok, so when were the tax rates lower? How many jobs were being created during that time?

Or...what was our best period of time in regards to job creation and low unemployment? What were the tax rates then?

I'm shocked...just SHOCKED I tell you. I imagined you would get rushed with efforts to answer this very simple question. Interesting...

maybe you should first understand the truth of what the GOP stands for.....and THEN debate.

Anti-science idiocy, and a return to 18th century mores. Yep, we understand.

I'm shocked...just SHOCKED I tell you. I imagined you would get rushed with efforts to answer this very simple question. Interesting...

I just logged on and you guys are SHOCKED. Are you saying that taxes are the only thing that determines job creation.

TELL ME YOU ARE NOT THAT STUPID!!!!

What is causing jobs gridlock in this country is instability. No one wants to take a risk of expanding an existing business, opening a new one or investment since the future is so murky. If this is true for American business people, it goes triple for foreign investment.

I just logged on and you guys are SHOCKED. Are you saying that taxes are the only thing that determines job creation.

No, but it does seem to be the Republican answer for everything; lower taxes and the private sector will create millions of new jobs. Well, taxes are at the lowest level in over 60 years, businesses are sitting on over $2 trillion, and yet the rich are not hiring anybody. So does this mean we need to stop taxing the rich entirely before they will give us a few more jobs? :cuckoo:

What is causing jobs gridlock in this country is instability. No one wants to take a risk of expanding an existing business, opening a new one or investment since the future is so murky. If this is true for American business people, it goes triple for foreign investment.

So what your saying is that there is no job creation because the top 1% dont see any stability with there continued grasp of super low taxation and control of over 40% of the nations wealth?

Maybe if we made a religion out of the 'trickle down' effect that would indicate enough stability to bring equality back to the 'free country'. You tell me, what can we/government do to show more 'stability'?

No, but it does seem to be the Republican answer for everything; lower taxes and the private sector will create millions of new jobs. Well, taxes are at the lowest level in over 60 years, businesses are sitting on over $2 trillion, and yet the rich are not hiring anybody. So does this mean we need to stop taxing the rich entirely before they will give us a few more jobs? :cuckoo:

Taxes are just one part of it. What I have seen is the left attempt to twist this into a one cause issue. It deflects the burden of having to explain job killing regulation.

Lower taxes are the ticket, but its lower taxes on the poor and the middle class. Its not rocket science, more money in common peoples hands means more economic activity. More concentration of wealth means less economic activity.

We must learn to divide ourselves not by social policy but by economic policy. And we must learn to identify the rhetoric of power and seperate that from the voice of common people.

Are you advocating that wealth be taxed instead of income?
Because, if you are, then all of us should stop saving and spend or give all that we have.

Ummmm...that's actually exactly what YOU said.

So, were you stupid before or now that you can't back up your statement?

Ummmm...that's actually exactly what YOU said.

So, were you stupid before or now that you can't back up your statement?

Hint, :lmao:

Taxes are just one part of it. What I have seen is the left attempt to twist this into a one cause issue. It deflects the burden of having to explain job killing regulation.

Are you bipolar? Only like 6 posts up you told us that "only tax rates determine jobs". Whats wrong with you?

Forum List

Back