Jingle Bells Racist!!! Will it Never End??

They should also ban "My Old Kentucky Home" then. Not to be played at the Derby anymore.

I don’t hear a single racist word in this song.

The author of the song is a racist and fought for the loser confederates.

Quick question........................did you ever read Huck Finn or Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain?

If so, what was your attitude towards his depiction of black people?

I was forced to read both for school against my wishes. He too was a loser confederate. Whites love to honor their confederates.

American race relations have been poisoned by rigid thinking that makes progress impossible. Unwritten law requires that all racial problems be analyzed in the following terms: (1) Blacks are failing. (2) White racism — and nothing else — makes them fail. (3) Therefore solutions must be the exclusive responsibility of white folks.

Black Failure, White Folly - American Renaissance

American race relations have been poisoned by rigid thinking that makes progress impossible. Unwritten law requires that all racial problems be analyzed in the following terms: (1) Blacks are failing. (2) White racism — and nothing else — makes them fail. (3) Therefore solutions must be the exclusive responsibility of white folks.

As long as whites whine when another long cherished white tradition has its racists roots exposed there will always be problems. Its amazing how much you whites whine about the facts when it destroys what you held to be pristine and unblemished. It would seem like you would welcome the history lesson but instead it seems to cause you cognitive dissonance.

Quick question........................did you ever read Huck Finn or Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain?

I was forced to read both for school against my wishes. He too was a loser confederate. Whites love to honor their confederates.

Really? A "loser confederate" who was born in Hannibal MO, who also was strongly AGAINST slavery? However, even though he was in favor of equality for blacks, he was against it for Native Americans.

Mark Twain - Wikipedia

Civil rights
Twain was an adamant supporter of the abolition of slavery and the emancipation of slaves, even going so far as to say, "Lincoln's Proclamation ... not only set the black slaves free, but set the white man free also".[97] He argued that non-whites did not receive justice in the United States, once saying, "I have seen Chinamen abused and maltreated in all the mean, cowardly ways possible to the invention of a degraded nature ... but I never saw a Chinaman righted in a court of justice for wrongs thus done to him".[98] He paid for at least one black person to attend Yale Law School and for another black person to attend a southern university to become a minister.[99]

Twain's sympathetic views on race were not reflected in his early writings on Native Americans. Of them, Twain wrote in 1870:

His heart is a cesspool of falsehood, of treachery, and of low and devilish instincts. With him, gratitude is an unknown emotion; and when one does him a kindness, it is safest to keep the face toward him, lest the reward be an arrow in the back. To accept of a favor from him is to assume a debt which you can never repay to his satisfaction, though you bankrupt yourself trying. The scum of the earth![100]

As counterpoint, Twain's essay on "The Literary Offenses of Fenimore Cooper" offers a much kinder view of Indians.[77] "No, other Indians would have noticed these things, but Cooper's Indians never notice anything. Cooper thinks they are marvelous creatures for noticing, but he was almost always in error about his Indians. There was seldom a sane one among them."[101] In his later travelogue Following the Equator (1897), Twain observes that in colonized lands all over the world, "savages" have always been wronged by "whites" in the most merciless ways, such as "robbery, humiliation, and slow, slow murder, through poverty and the white man's whiskey"; his conclusion is that "there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages".[102] In an expression that captures his Indian experiences, he wrote, "So far as I am able to judge nothing has been left undone, either by man or Nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Where every prospect pleases, and only man is vile."[103]

Twain was also a staunch supporter of women's rights and an active campaigner for women's suffrage. His "Votes for Women" speech, in which he pressed for the granting of voting rights to women, is considered one of the most famous in history.[104]

Helen Keller benefited from Twain's support as she pursued her college education and publishing despite her disabilities and financial limitations.

As long as whites whine when another long cherished white tradition has its racists roots exposed there will always be problems. Its amazing how much you whites whine about the facts when it destroys what you held to be pristine and unblemished. It would seem like you would welcome the history lesson but instead it seems to cause you cognitive dissonance.
You are the whiner. Dummie.

Really? A "loser confederate" who was born in Hannibal MO, who also was strongly AGAINST slavery? However, even though he was in favor of equality for blacks, he was against it for Native Americans.

Mark Twain - Wikipedia

Civil rights
Twain was an adamant supporter of the abolition of slavery and the emancipation of slaves, even going so far as to say, "Lincoln's Proclamation ... not only set the black slaves free, but set the white man free also".[97] He argued that non-whites did not receive justice in the United States, once saying, "I have seen Chinamen abused and maltreated in all the mean, cowardly ways possible to the invention of a degraded nature ... but I never saw a Chinaman righted in a court of justice for wrongs thus done to him".[98] He paid for at least one black person to attend Yale Law School and for another black person to attend a southern university to become a minister.[99]

Twain's sympathetic views on race were not reflected in his early writings on Native Americans. Of them, Twain wrote in 1870:

His heart is a cesspool of falsehood, of treachery, and of low and devilish instincts. With him, gratitude is an unknown emotion; and when one does him a kindness, it is safest to keep the face toward him, lest the reward be an arrow in the back. To accept of a favor from him is to assume a debt which you can never repay to his satisfaction, though you bankrupt yourself trying. The scum of the earth![100]

As counterpoint, Twain's essay on "The Literary Offenses of Fenimore Cooper" offers a much kinder view of Indians.[77] "No, other Indians would have noticed these things, but Cooper's Indians never notice anything. Cooper thinks they are marvelous creatures for noticing, but he was almost always in error about his Indians. There was seldom a sane one among them."[101] In his later travelogue Following the Equator (1897), Twain observes that in colonized lands all over the world, "savages" have always been wronged by "whites" in the most merciless ways, such as "robbery, humiliation, and slow, slow murder, through poverty and the white man's whiskey"; his conclusion is that "there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages".[102] In an expression that captures his Indian experiences, he wrote, "So far as I am able to judge nothing has been left undone, either by man or Nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Where every prospect pleases, and only man is vile."[103]

Twain was also a staunch supporter of women's rights and an active campaigner for women's suffrage. His "Votes for Women" speech, in which he pressed for the granting of voting rights to women, is considered one of the most famous in history.[104]

Helen Keller benefited from Twain's support as she pursued her college education and publishing despite her disabilities and financial limitations.

Really. He was a loser confederate. He only spoke out after he realized he didnt have the stomach for fighting.

Constant talk of white racism has dangerous consequences. Although the conventional view is that America “teaches blacks to hate themselves,” constant harping on white wickedness teaches them to hate whites. Liberals seem to think that blacks will love them if they keep telling blacks how awful white people are. They are then astonished at black venom, and must cast about for yet more excuses for it.

Constant talk of white racism has dangerous consequences. Although the conventional view is that America “teaches blacks to hate themselves,” constant harping on white wickedness teaches them to hate whites. Liberals seem to think that blacks will love them if they keep telling blacks how awful white people are. They are then astonished at black venom, and must cast about for yet more excuses for it.

You got it wrong. I'm Black and trust me its not the "constant harping" that would cause Blacks to hate whites. Its the continued racism, denial, deflection, and outright lying that would cause a Black person to hate whites. Its amusing to me that some whites expect the history behind their traditions and their current deeds to be kept secret so Blacks wont "hate" them. :laugh:

You got it wrong. I'm Black and trust me its not the "constant harping" that would cause Blacks to hate whites. Its the continued racism, denial, deflection, and outright lying that would cause a Black person to hate whites. Its amusing to me that some whites expect the history behind their traditions and their current deeds to be kept secret so Blacks wont "hate" them. :laugh:

According to a recent poll............Fewer than a quarter of black Americans — 24 percent — said most white people are racist, a smaller share than the 31 percent of blacks who said most members of their own race are racist.

Everything is racist. If you squint just right, you can find racism anywhere.

Yeah, and the professor who wrote the OP's article is a prime example of that. Anyone can spin things to fit their own agenda if they work hard enough at it.

But, we also have to remember to recognize when there is actual racism like at white supremacy rallies.

How many actual white supremacists are there? If you remove all the paid agitators, who would be left?

I don't know how many there are exactly, but I can tell you that if you go up to Idaho, Montana or Wyoming, you will find a lot of white supremacist groups that aren't paid to act that way.
As oppose do to the massive numbers of black supremacists in Philadelphia, Atlanta, Detroit, Baltimore and dozens of other big cities?

Last edited:

According to a recent poll............Fewer than a quarter of black Americans — 24 percent — said most white people are racist, a smaller share than the 31 percent of blacks who said most members of their own race are racist.
Thats mildly interesting but not very accurate.

If that were actually true there wouldn’t be so many black Democrats.

Most black Democrats hate white people. Just accept it.

Forum List

Back