Jimmy Carter Accuses Obama Admin of ‘Widespread Abuse of Human Rights’

Ahh! So that is why we are hearing from Carter.
Book sales promotions.
Just funny as hell to see right wingers supporting Carter on anything.

Not sure I see any right wingers supporting him. Pointing out what he is saying about Obama is not supporting what he is saying.

I happen to agree with the Drone Program. Just think it's kinda Funny it's only Lonely Carter out there bitching about it and all the Masses of People and groups like Code Pink that were so Loud When Bush was President are pretty much Silent, or at least no longer getting covered by the Main Stream Media. Every time we try to Point something out like this, you guys try and Twist it and say look at these guys supporting a Lefty. Carter is a Dumb fuck, and he is wrong about this issue. However this is another glaring example of Both the Hypocrisy of the Left who are so Vocal about things when a Republican Do them, But then Toe the Party line and Keep their Mouths shut when a Democrat does the same stuff. As well as the Bias of the Media who so Gleefully Covered the Anti War Protestors Against Bush, But Don't Cover it the Same way when a Democrat is in Office.

same old thing we see over and over and over from the Left, and the Media.

If Carter were saying this About a Republican this Board will already have 2 or 3 Threads started by Democrats on it, where they are trashing the President for being a war criminal. But alas all your Liberal High ideals you preached about when Bush was President fall to the Way side in the Name of Keeping a Democrat in office no matter what he does.

I don't know what rock you've been under, but the founder of Code Pink has been doing a international boor tour attacking Obama for his use of drone warfare.

http://www.codepink.org/section.php?id=469

Ahh! So that is why we are hearing from Carter.
Book sales promotions.
Just funny as hell to see right wingers supporting Carter on anything.

Not sure I see any right wingers supporting him. Pointing out what he is saying about Obama is not supporting what he is saying.

I happen to agree with the Drone Program. Just think it's kinda Funny it's only Lonely Carter out there bitching about it and all the Masses of People and groups like Code Pink that were so Loud When Bush was President are pretty much Silent, or at least no longer getting covered by the Main Stream Media. Every time we try to Point something out like this, you guys try and Twist it and say look at these guys supporting a Lefty. Carter is a Dumb fuck, and he is wrong about this issue. However this is another glaring example of Both the Hypocrisy of the Left who are so Vocal about things when a Republican Do them, But then Toe the Party line and Keep their Mouths shut when a Democrat does the same stuff. As well as the Bias of the Media who so Gleefully Covered the Anti War Protestors Against Bush, But Don't Cover it the Same way when a Democrat is in Office.

If Carter were saying this About a Republican this Board will already have 2 or 3 Threads started by Democrats on it, where they are trashing the President for being a war criminal. But alas all your Liberal High ideals you preached about when Bush was President fall to the Way side in the Name of Keeping a Democrat in office no matter what he does.

I don't know what rock you've been under, but the founder of Code Pink has been doing a international boor tour attacking Obama for his use of drone warfare.

CODEPINK : Ground The Drones

Wow, first I heard of it. Why not in America, I wonder. They were so vocal. The other co-founder of Code Pink was an Obama bundler. I have not seen Jodie Evans at rallies and such, have you? I don't hear a thing about Code Pink anymore. When Bush was president they were on the news nightly.

CaféAuLait;5514859 said:

CODEPINK*:*Ground The Drones

Wow, first I heard of it. Why not in America, I wonder. They were so vocal. The other co-founder of Code Pink was an Obama bundler. I have not seen Jodie Evans at rallies and such, have you? I don't hear a thing about Code Pink anymore. When Bush was president they were on the news nightly.

She's been mostly touring in the US.

Heard her on the radio in San Francisco a few days ago, actually.

CaféAuLait;5514859 said:

CODEPINK*:*Ground The Drones

She's been mostly touring in the US.

Heard her on the radio in San Francisco a few days ago, actually.

Shock

CaféAuLait;5513081 said:
A former U.S. president is accusing the current president of sanctioning the “widespread abuse of human rights” by authorizing drone strikes to kill suspected terrorists...

Instead of making the world safer, America’s violation of international human rights abets our enemies and alienates our friends,” Carter wrote...

In addition to the drone strikes, Carter criticized the current president for keeping the Guantanamo Bay detention center open, where prisoners “have been tortured by waterboarding more than 100 times or intimidated with semiautomatic weapons, power drills or threats to sexually assault their mothers.”

The former president blasted the government for allowing “unprecedented violations of our rights to privacy through warrantless wiretapping and government mining of our electronic communications.”

Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of ‘Widespread Abuse of Human Rights’ - ABC News

He also blasted Obama's extraordinary rendition program.

Where is Code Pink?

Carter may not be quite the worst President in US history (hard to beat Buchanan and a few others) but he certainly is by far the worst ex-President in US history. He's an embarrassment.

CaféAuLait;5513081 said:
A former U.S. president is accusing the current president of sanctioning the “widespread abuse of human rights” by authorizing drone strikes to kill suspected terrorists...

Instead of making the world safer, America’s violation of international human rights abets our enemies and alienates our friends,” Carter wrote...

In addition to the drone strikes, Carter criticized the current president for keeping the Guantanamo Bay detention center open, where prisoners “have been tortured by waterboarding more than 100 times or intimidated with semiautomatic weapons, power drills or threats to sexually assault their mothers.”

The former president blasted the government for allowing “unprecedented violations of our rights to privacy through warrantless wiretapping and government mining of our electronic communications.”

Where is Code Pink?

Carter may not be quite the worst President in US history (hard to beat Buchanan and a few others) but he certainly is by far the worst ex-President in US history. He's an embarrassment.

I agree.

Jimmmaah should go back to his peanut farm and definetely STFU. Jeeze.

You know it has to be bad if Carter is rebuking Obama!! Yep!!

Carter was a failed President. He isnt in the loop nor does he have to face the political consequences of his statements. He was irrelevent when he spoke out against W. Bush and he is just as irrelevent now.

His statement said at any other time might have been irrelevant but you must also look at the time he said it. During an election year. and obama is not a sure win this time.
Considering all things What carter said at the point and time is relevant. Just like when Clinton a few weeks ago.

CaféAuLait;5513081 said:

Where is Code Pink?

Very, very true, at least on the front of discussions about current administrations. What the hell? What part of 'shut up about them' didn't he grasp?

Granted, it's not a written rule, rather an understanding among gentlemen. I guess that explains it.

Plus, he was and is still a moron.

Politics sure does make strange bedfellows.

I bet you guys would rally behind Stalin himself, if he came back from the dead and said something mean about Obama.

"Rallying behind"?

No.

Enjoying the fact that key figures of his own party are turning against Obama?

Yes.

What are we up to now? 9 miscellaneous senators, congressmen, and governors shunning the DNC this go around?
:lol:

But, yea....I'm rallying behind Ol' Peanut-Head.
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back