Jim Rodford, bassist for The Kinks, dead at 76

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Kinks, whose hits include “You Really Got Me,” “Lola,” “I’m Not Like Everybody Else,” “A Well-Respected Man,” “Victoria” and “Waterloo Sunset,” made the announcement Saturday on its official social media accounts.

“It is with deep sadness that we have learned that Jim Rodford passed away – he toured and recorded with the Kinks for many years and will be greatly missed. He was much loved by all of us #JimRodford,” the band said on Twitter.

And don't forget the Zombies.

th

RIP Jim

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

I just read that on the Beeb. RIP man, you gave us some fantastic base lines!

I met those guys when one of the local high schools where I had friends snagged them for a concert in 1970. Got a backstage pass and sat around the dressing room bullshitting with them. Ray Davies about beat the snot out of the concert coordinator for locking him outside with the fans. :laugh:

RIP Jim.

The Kinks, whose hits include “You Really Got Me,” “Lola,” “I’m Not Like Everybody Else,” “A Well-Respected Man,” “Victoria” and “Waterloo Sunset,” made the announcement Saturday on its official social media accounts.

“It is with deep sadness that we have learned that Jim Rodford passed away – he toured and recorded with the Kinks for many years and will be greatly missed. He was much loved by all of us #JimRodford,” the band said on Twitter.

And don't forget the Zombies.

he did not join the Kinks until 78 so he was not on the bulk of their hits, that would be Pete Quaife the original in the 60's and John Dalton who replaced him until 76.....Rodford was also the Bassist for Argent during their heyday 1970-73....

Forum List

Back